Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

WOW thank you so very much @SephoraBIC@DrunkElephant@MaisonMargiela, Living Proof and @SoldeJaneiro for this amazing gratis that just arrived! I am looking so forward to trying out some new and exciting products and reporting back. The Maison is already in use...and is the perfect spicy-lemony scent I need for spring🍋🌱 Love the test strip included with the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Triple Detox Shampoo, I can already guess the condition of the water, so it's going to be fun to see the results! I have not tried the DE A-Passoni Retinol Cream yet, so after a bit more research on how to introduce my skin carefully to retinols (after a recent not-so-good intro :D), I will report back. So excited that a baby B-Hydra is included in this box as well! As for the new Coco Cabana...my skin is going to LOVE this hydration!

ETA: First DE Passioni exposure on Mask of the Week challenge thread:

Spoiler

WOW WOW WOW!!!WOW WOW WOW!!!Close-up.JPG 

Thank you @TeamBIC@KatieBT!!! Yep-I think this will help my hair!Yep-I think this will help my hair!

Re: THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

@sephoraaddict918   @eshoe   Without giving out TMI, I wonder if it would make a good foot cream. 🙂

Re: THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

Hmmmm @Ispend2much6  I will give that a whirl tomorrow, thank you for the suggestion!

Yeah I think you need to test it on your skin @sephoraaddict918, I think our bodies react so differently, @Ispend2much6 said it left a sugary scent on her skin so it would be interesting to see what your experience would be like🤔

@eshoe   Great post!  The comparison between the two creams will be helpful to a lot of people.  After awhile, the Coco Cabana dried down to a sugary smell for me, without the butter. 🙂  By the way, at first glance I thought that was a slug on your arm. 🙂

Ha ha ha ha 😂 ewww you’re right, it does look like a slug @Ispend2much6 😆!!! Glad the scent was different for you, I’m waiting for it to change we’ll see.

Thanks for the updates @eshoe!

You’re welcome @faeriegirl; I’ve been using the Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Under the Lemon Trees 3.4oz/ 100mLpretty much non-stop I love it! Haven’t tried the DE yet, I saw @naturalooks15 wrote a detailed review which I need to read before starting it😊

I am happy to answer any questions @eshoe  as well as learn from your experience. I have been using it for about 6 weeks now. 

I am eager to hear your thoughts on Coco Cabana. I felt original Bum Bum scent was too much for office but if this is milder, I might try this. 

Thank you very much @naturalooks15. My temples and cheeks are still tender after stopping the SR 1% retinol about a week ago. I was using it daily for 2 weeks, obviously I had no idea what I was doing as I don’t regularly use retinol. I just jumped right in and now I’m paying for it🙄. Once my skin stops hurting I am going to start introducing it verrrrrrry slowly! 

Oooh that must be painful @eshoe I hope you skin heals soon.

I used TLC y’day night 1.5 day after using the retinol so far it is fine. 

@naturalooks15   I haven't tried the original Bum Bum cream, but the Coco Cabana is extremely strongly scented.  It sounds like it has a similar, or even the same, salted caramel coconut scent.

@Ispend2much6  Thanks I guess I better try a small sample first. I did get the Josie Maran whipped body butter this past holiday season and really like it for subtle scent and moisturizing properties. 

JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter

@naturalooks15   I love Josie's Peppermint Bark body butter.  🙂  It's a great product.

@naturalooks15 @SportyGirly125 , I've found both to be pretty strong in terms of scent. I think it would be considerate to refrain from using either in an office setting.

@pocketvenus I have both and it didn't seem that bad to me.  Then again I work with a bunch of guys and have my own office.

@SportyGirly125, lol sounds like a good set up for a perfumista! 🙂

@eshoe Thank you for showing us the different textures in the Bum Bum Cream. I know people are curious about it and the smell. 

You’re welcome @SportyGirly125!

@eshoe  Wow enjoy! That is the most amazing gratis box!

Thank you @ChristalM it is pretty exciting!!!

I tried the Living Proof PHD Triple Detox Shampoo and the Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream.

The Living Proof shampoo has a gel texture and is dark charcoal in color.  I felt like I had to get a good bit of it to cover my scalp and hair- two large squeezes.  It doesn't suds that much, but let me tell you, when I rinsed it out my hair was squeaky clean!  It definitely lives up to that part of its description.

I applied the Brigeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask after shampooing at the suggestion of @KatieBT .  You know how sometimes your hair products don't mix when used together?  These two actually complemented each other!

My hair feels clean, light, and relatively tangle-free.

Here's the claim I'm not certain about:  the shampoo won't strip hair color.  There is a difference in my hair color from before and after the shampoo.  The dark brown hair on top of my head (which doesn't hold dye as well because it's pure white/gray  when I dye it,) turned lighter and a more reddish shade.  The dark brown hair on the bottom part of my head turned to a  lighter shade of brown (this section of hair has had repeated applications of dye on it, so I would expect that this section of hair is more resilient to fading.)  

These changes happen gradually, with every shampoo, especially when it's been a month from my last dye job.

So, although there is a difference, I can't say that it did any worse than my usual shampoo, Alterna Caviar, which I suspect actually makes my hair fade more quickly than Olaplex and Sachajuan does.  I would say it's just my opinion, but when I stopped Caviar and switched to the other two, my husband noticed my hair wasn't losing its color as quickly. 

Here are the before and after pictures.  It was hard to replicate the same lighting and picture, but hopefully it will be helpful.  I'm a little embarrassed because I need another dye job and my hair has been falling out lately. 😞

IMG_3065.JPGIMG_3070.JPG

The Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream is very bright yellow in color. I thought it made a slight difference in my skin tone, at least at first, so I would use it at night so it wouldn't alter my makep at all.  I added the sample of the B-Hydra Serum and topped it all off with the Protini I already had.

IMG_3077.JPG

I was surprised that at 1% retinol I could feel a slight warming of my skin after I applied the A-Passioni so my skin must be really dry.  .  I've been having trouble with rough dry spots on my cheeks, and the application of these three products seems to be moisturizing my skin well while exfoliating and reducing their appearance!

I really enjoyed trying these products, and I'm looking forward to trying the others and continuing the A-Passioni.  Thank you again Sephora, Living Proof, and Drunk Elephant!

https://www.sephora.com/product/perfect-hair-day-triple-detox-shampoo-P440977?icid2=products%20grid:...

https://www.sephora.com/product/dont-despair-repair-deep-conditioning-mask-P388628?icid2=products%20...

https://www.sephora.com/product/a-passioni-retinol-cream-P439926?

icid2=products%20grid:p439926:product

https://www.sephora.com/product/b-hydra-intensive-hydration-gel-P406712?icid2=products%20grid:p40671...

https://www.sephora.com/product/protini-tm-polypeptide-cream-P427421?icid2=products%20grid:p427421:p...

testing