Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

WOW thank you so very much @SephoraBIC@DrunkElephant@MaisonMargiela, Living Proof and @SoldeJaneiro for this amazing gratis that just arrived! I am looking so forward to trying out some new and exciting products and reporting back. The Maison is already in use...and is the perfect spicy-lemony scent I need for spring๐Ÿ‹๐ŸŒฑ Love the test strip included with the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Triple Detox Shampoo, I can already guess the condition of the water, so it's going to be fun to see the results! I have not tried the DE A-Passoni Retinol Cream yet, so after a bit more research on how to introduce my skin carefully to retinols (after a recent not-so-good intro :D), I will report back. So excited that a baby B-Hydra is included in this box as well! As for the new Coco Cabana...my skin is going to LOVE this hydration!

ETA: First DE Passioni exposure on Mask of the Week challenge thread:

Spoiler

WOW WOW WOW!!!WOW WOW WOW!!!Close-up.JPG 

Thank you @TeamBIC@KatieBT!!! Yep-I think this will help my hair!Yep-I think this will help my hair!

Re: THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

Itโ€™s an incredible box of beauty, @ShortErica and I was not expecting anything today, which makes it twice as much fun๐Ÿ˜„ Canโ€™t wait to try everything out!

Re: THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

What a great box to receive!  Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Thank you @rockstargina, it was very generous and I canโ€™t wait to try everything!!!

Congrats on a lovely box of goodies @eshoe ! Such a fun mix of things! you're going to have such amazing hair and skin after this ๐Ÿ˜Š

that test strip sounds so cool! i don't know why I am so intrigued by it, but i am! haha ๐Ÿคฃ

can't wait to hear your thoughts on all the products once you've had a chance to try them ๐Ÿ˜„

Thank you so much @myxducky, I feel very fortunate to be able to try out these products, now I really need to go test the water๐Ÿ˜„!

Oh, I have a surprise box coming from Sephora next week and wonder if this could be it! But, congrats on the gratis, @eshoe!

@txcatx Iโ€™m getting mine next week too!

Me too, I wonder if this is what I'll be getting too?

@txcatx @rockstargina me three ๐Ÿ˜Š

Me four ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks @txcatx, canโ€™t wait to hear about your new goodies!!!

@eshoe so glad it arrived safe and sound! 

Our friends at living proof were nice enough to gift a shampoo to @BrendaBT  and me as well so I'm excited to hear your thoughts on this! Be sure to follow the instructions when you're using the pH stick... I thought the color would fill out the whole box on the little stick so I dipped it in water twice and oversaturated it. I think I have soft water but I made the whole stick turn white so still not totally sure!

When you use the shampoo don't forget that this is a treatment to rid your scalp of all the residue from products like dry shampoo and heat protectors. I definitely recommend using a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. I used Briogeo's Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!โ„ข Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL and definitely noticed my scalp felt less itchy and appeared less flakey... Sorry if that's TMI ๐Ÿ˜„ but it's true! 

@KatieBT  I am a HUGE hair care fan even though I dont post about hair care as much as I do skincare and make up here on BIC.  So I am thankful for your review on this, I remember you mentioned you have the Briogeo scalp treatment when I met you at the Glowing up event, is this product similar?  If so which one would you recommend or do you recommend both? I am interested in trying this  xoxox thank you Jenn

@KatieBT   That's a good warning, thanks.  My scalp gets "sunburned" from indoor lights, so I know now to be careful when using the LP.

@KatieBT I got a sample of the Living Proof shampoo and LOVED IT!  I'm seriously considering purchasing the full size now.

Thank you so much for the heads up on the test strip and the LP, @KatieBT! Iโ€™ve been using the PHD Body Builder from last year and LOVE it so I have no doubt this will find a happy home in my routine๐Ÿ˜Š

I will also take care to use it as a treatment and not for everyday, I appreciate the tips!

that pH stick sounds so cool @KatieBT ! and what  great tool that would be! That Briogeo conditioner sounds like something ny hair needs these days! I will have to check it out!

I was so excited to get a 2-lb. box from Sephora today that I didn't order!  Thank you so much, Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela, and Sol de Janiero!  

My dry skin is going to love these new products. 

First, the box:  Of all the places on the box that UPS could have placed their sticker, they had to put it on the winky smiley face?  They don't understand the beauty of that emblem!

IMG_3059.JPG

Now for the goods.

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

I am super excited to get the DE A-Passioni.  I have been using a 10% retinol cream twice a week, but I really like how my skin looks the day after using it, so having a 1% cream to add to my rotation and use more frequently is wonderful!

The Coco Cabana cream has a coconut and salty-sweet scent.  I believe the texture is different from the Bum Bum cream, which is harder and thicker.  The scent is very strong-  I could smell it before even opening its box.  When I opened the jar longer enough to take the picture of its consistency, my son, who is in the living room across from our open kitchen (my location,) he asked, "Wait- do I smell something buttery?  Is it buttery popcorn?"

Just like pudding!Just like pudding!

The Maison Margiela scent, Under the Lemon Trees, seems softer than most of her fragrances, at least the ones I've tried.  I honestly couldn't detect any lemon scent, it smells mostly of floral and a little musk (I'm not a perfume aficianado, so I may be missing some notes.)

I've never met a Living Proof product that I didn't like, so this part of the gratis is perfect!  The Living Proof Detox Shampoo will be interesting to use as we have soft well water, but sometimes our softener fails us and we revert back to using hard well water, which makes my skin and hair feel gross.  So, this will be a nice antidote for those occurrences.  I do have a clarifying shampoo that I like to remove product build-up, but it strips my hair coloring, so I will report back about that aspect of the Detox Shampoo.

Thank you again, Sephora, for selecting me to receive these products to try!

@Ispend2much6 - Congratulations!  Enjoy your great gratis!

I'm unable to heart your post.  I'll keep trying. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@Titian06   Thank you!!!

Yay!!! congrats @Ispend2much6  ENJOY!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Photos17
  • WOW WOW WOW!!!
  • Close-up.JPG
  • IMG_3059.JPG
  • IMG_3048.JPG
  • IMG_3063.JPG
  • Just like pudding!
  • Yep-I think this will help my hair!
  • 20190208_165937.jpg
  • 20190208_172514.jpg
  • 20190208_172848.jpg