Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Spend $50 to get 20% off

There was a promotion: spend $50 before December 2 to get 20% off between December 18-24. I heard about this event from my friend and joined. But I’m not sure if I get the eligibility. I didn’t get any email. It’s for all VIBRs or only a few?

Re: Spend $50 to get 20% off

I got a 20% off if I spend $75 promotion in the mail. Why would I do that when I can get 20% off at Ulta right now without having to spend a certain amount. And right now Ulta’s promotion can be used on premium brands too. Sephora CANNOT compete with Ulta’s deals right now. Period.

@KrystalZh Not everyone got the email. So I think it was targeted to certain people. 

This really made me angry.  I contacted customer support and they said only a few people got this.  I know someone who got it who is an occasional shopper at Sephora.  I am a rouge and feel slighted.  What's the point in spending so much money at Sephora when you can get a 20% off coupon by spending $50 a year?  It's hard to be loyal to Sephora when they pull this kind of crap.  Saks Fifth Avenue has 15% off beauty and a gift card of $50 for every $200 you spend, plus free beauty gifts with purchase.  Bloomingdales had 15% off beauty too.  I am a couple hundred away from qualifying for rouge again next year and this put me off so badly that I am going to let it lapse.  

@taramc, I'm Rouge and got the offer but didn't take advantage of it because I didn't think I would recoup the $50 buy in using it for 20% off products the week before Christmas. I preferred to use that $50 towards the $25 off $75+ instead. I'm an accidental Rouge. I likely won't re-qualify next year. I make purchases where I can get the best deal and solid customer service. The sales you listed illustrate how I spend my money on cosmetics.I don't get upset when Sephora tries to encourage various consumer segments to spend with them. I couldn't care less. I see those opportunities everywhere across a range of retailers, and I take advantage that. If Sephora wanted my regular business, they would offer a program that would entice my regular spending. They don't and my spending goes elsewhere, and I'm fine with that.

You've got a better attitude than me. lol.  I know that some rouge customers got it too but not me.  I can't let it bother me though because it's stupid.  Time to move on.  I hear a lot about Ulta, time to check them out.

Agreed... the value just isn't with Sephora anymore. I deliberately am shopping elsewhere because I get better perks and/or rewards. I get 20% from Ulta all the time which includes there growing number of "prestige brands".  Also MusePro offers great deals as well. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing