Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Social Media Faves - Hits or Misses?

Hey everyone! I noticed during the pandemic that there seemed to be an influx of beauty content creators across different platforms (or maybe I was consume more of that type of content!). I keep seeing a lot of products go super viral, and then sold out for weeks (or even months). 

So my question is, have any of your holy grails gone viral? Or, have you been influenced into trying a new product? If yes, what was it, and did it live up to the hype?

Re: Social Media Faves - Hits or Misses?

I bought couple of couples products that replaced my other products over the pandemic and also way better than I used before  and help me embrace my natural beauty at the same time 

following are my new favs :

blush: rare beauty liquid blush , one \ size cheek chapper

powder setting powder : one \ size setting powder 

primer: Fenty hydrating primer 

foundation: Fenty pro filter foundation 😘

I don’t really ever hop on the buying stuff train I look at reviews and see what people say on other platforms and etc

Forgot to mention I also got the Patrick ta bronze and contour paltee gives me that natural chisel look for my complexion and liking  and I thought it wouldn’t work but it did for me which is hard to say for lot of brands

@cianni  They have beginner tutorial on the Patrick ta website and don’t worry I’m not a pro either 😂 I been wearing make up for awhile since middle school, as I’m writing this I’m 23 and by no means am I gifted but however I just a huge makeup and skin care person , my make up always comes  out great as long as you have the resources to help archive the look you want by YouTube or apps or websites or pictures or Even little note cards that come in the make up box sometimes, I hope this helps 🙂

@xitsmackenziex Would you consider it easy to use for beginners? I hardly ever contour because I’m just no good at it, but I really want to figure out how to make it work for me

@cianni oh yes, social media has a huge influence on me, and a few products that I bought recently were already pretty popular. Like these ones Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter 0.21 oz/ 6.2g LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Vanilla LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Berry 

I realized I never posted my own…. I’ve been trying to shop my own stash for the last while, so I haven’t been too influenced, but I have noticed that some of my drug store holy grails are perpetually OOS now. I’ve been obsessed with the Essence Lash Princess (green) and Essence wet look clear lipgloss forever, but they’re hard to come by lately.

i tried the Dior Lip Glow Oil, but I honestly didn’t like it as much as the Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow, which I’ve loved for a while now!

I recently purchased Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing Powder 3 Voile Rosé and Beautyblender POWER POCKET PUFF™ Dual-Sided Powder Puff for Setting and Baking  after seeing them in many TikTok videos. I am so glad I did because the powder is gorgeous and the puff is so great for the eye area.

@faeriegirl The power puff has been in and out of my cart for, no joke, 3+ years! Happy to know it’s actually worth all the hype!

@cianni I purchased Rose and Ben Beauty Makeup brushes and I am really impressed. I already picked up a few Anisa Beauty brushes.

These were totally influenced by social media. But now a days I think the majority of my impulse buys are 🤭

@Mellmars1185 I’ve been looking for new brushes! Admittedly mine are WAY too old. I’ve never heard of Anisa, but I’ll check them out! 

Mine is more a hack then a product but i saw mixing ur tinted moisturizer (i use rare beauty) with the charlotte tilbury hollywood flawless filter(i use 4.5) and mixing them on your face with a brush it give the best glow ever. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter SEPHORA COLLECTION Makeup Match Foundation Brush 

Everyone this is my fav palette is 

CE2BF76B-D7CB-414D-9631-C88A392F945F.jpegThis one NORVINA PALETTE VOLUME #6

@Babyloceits stunning! Do you find the colours show up as vibrantly on the eye as in the pan?

@lydia08 good to know! I tried the flawless filter and it didn’t really work for me as well as I’d hoped. Maybe I’ll try it with a tinted moisturizer instead 🤔 seems like a good summer vibe 

I would say that social media is the best place and platform for promotion of beauty products and your business...

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • CE2BF76B-D7CB-414D-9631-C88A392F945F.jpeg
testing