Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora should give BI points for reviews!

I think that each person who takes the time to rate a product and writes a review should be given some points. Sephora benefits because highly rated products sell more. 

15- 20 pts for each review of products we have purchased would be awesome and shows that we are appreciated no matter if we are BI, VIB, or Rouge.

Re: Sephora should give BI points for reviews!

This would be a good idea as along as it is for actual reviews and not people reviewing products simply because they are upset it went out of stock etc.

I agree this would be interesting and I would definitely take advantage of it. I do, however, think that something like that has to be regulated...and I'd worry about people taking advantage of it like others have stated already in this thread. I know I have got emails before asking me to review purchases...perhaps if they started doing that, it would be best for people to be chosen at random to participate for points (that way, you only get rewarded if you write a review for a product you've purchased).

I definitely love the idea of getting points for legitimate reviews. But agree with many posters about what a headache it could be for mods to review them. Having said, I love your idea BeautyBee92 of getting points for reviews made from e-mails. Seems like a nice middle ground! 

I worry about incentive-based reviews because of the people that would write reviews JUST for the sake of points. We've already seen some non-sense from people saying how they would've come to the Rouge chat JUST to get a giftcard. I'd be concerned about quality control on things like that. I don't want to see a flood of "reviews" that are from people who A) don't have the product and/or B) from people who are only writing things so they could get something out of it. It could potentially take the honesty out of some reviews and create a lot more reviews to weed through until you find a review that is actually useful.

Fantastic point.  If I am buying something that I have not sampled first, I rely heavily on the reviews.  I want real reviews.  Realizing there are outliers on both sides, I try to weed out extremes.  It would be more difficult if people were writing false reviews all the time.

I'm in total agreement with you here Killah.

Ditto and Double-Ditto. :).

I think this could be a bit of a Double Edged Sword. I agree that it would be nice to get points for reviews and that many people would be more likely to review products, which is potentially helpful.

However, I can also imagine a lot of half-hearted reviews, things being said just for the sake of getting points or worse, as **notcreative** pointed out, simple gibberish just meant to fill up a box. I also can't imagine what it would be like for the mods to have to sift through all of that mess, although I suppose there's a way to red flag things that are just nonsensical and have them automatically booted.

I also envision a never ending thread about points not being applied correctly, and why did Sephora even start this program? etc. etc. I think it could turn into a major headache, not that I'm pessimistic by nature, but I think it could go really wrong. I would not want to be a mod having to deal with all of that.

I suppose it's a bit of a gamble for companies when they decide whether or not to institute a program like that.

Oh jeez, I just thought about the innumerous reviews there would be for things like the pencil sharpener I just got from the sale section, or the Sephora Cotton Pads......Yikes! Can you see it?

I agree. A few other sites, such as JustFab, does this!

That would be great! But I think it would be hard for the mods to patrol to weed out the poopy ones 🙂

Yeah, but then we'd have thousands of half-**bleep**ed reviews out there that wouldn't help anybody..

Your comment made me think of the review someone found and shared on BT a while back.  I forgot exactly what it said, but it was something like

jnafeklwjwekfnweojfhqwieouhfjqkjwefnqkwejfnqwlkejfnqwkejfnwejfnlwekfnkqefjwejfqwe fwlefqwjekfqwnefewfn enwf

Hey! I wrote that!!!

Not! 😄

Hahah you know a product is bad when it makes you continuously slam your head against your keyboard! 😄

Your take on the endless number of random letters that **notcreative** sited above was funny. (funny 'ha-ha', not funny 'strange') I hadn't thought of it that way, but when I read your comment you really did give me a good chuckle, that was pretty funny. 🙂

(hope that didn't sound sarcastic or in any way negative - you really pointed out another good way to interpret that and it did put a smile on my face, 🙂 see? )

hah thanks 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing