Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Sephora Rewards Bazaar

An OLD thread for updates on the new Rewards Bazaar

Please note - this thread will no longer be updated and maintained - refer to the new thread here for current discussion and updates:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussion/m-p/27...

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spoiler

The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST

• There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
    • However, so far the rewards have been released around 9 am PST
  • There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    • Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
    • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
  • There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times 

There may not be any "big" point perks added. Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar

I also didn't know where to find info on sizes but I just figured it out. I had no idea sephora lists details on larger gifts sizes. That's answers my question. Looks like for me 750 is not worth it either 

@Alexmarya it's quite random what shows up for 750 point perks! I was suuuuper happy back when the Pinrose 750 point perk was released! I got a good quality sweater and 30 sample towelettes of perfume.  Honestly I think the value for your points all depends on what you enjoy.  I remember many people making fun of the sweater and saying it was a bad point perk, but to me it was great.  I get way more use out of clothing that I actually like rather than a ton more makeup or skincare which I already have more than enough of!

I'm glad you like it. It's a good perk and you can wear it for very long time. 

Save your points!! 😇

But you know what, I noticed that bumble bumble for 100 points only has 15 ml while bumble bumble 500 points released today had two deluxe items 60 ml each. That's a huge difference in size 

It depends. I redeemed the full-sized Burberry bronzer last year for 750 points, and I think it was well worth it.

Yes, it's definitely worth the point. 

Perks at all point levels (100, 250, 500, 750, 1000+) vary quite a lot in terms of monetary value.  In my opinion, however, monetary value is secondary to the value that I place on the item (i.e. do I actually want and will I actually use the item?)  So I think it is very subjective whether the perk is "worth it" or not because everyone has difference preferences.  If you are happy with mainly redeeming 100 point perks, then that's great (I tend to do that too).  But if you have seen a lot of higher perks that you wish you could have gotten if you only had the points, you may want to save up some points so you have the ability to redeem one in case another one comes around that you are interested in.  I am keeping a balance of at least 750 myself for that very reason.

I've been tracking past rewards in a spreadsheet to answer questions like these. The average value of a 100 point perk since the rewards bazaar started is about $8.57.  The average value of a 500 point perk is $45.14.  The average value of the past three 750 point perks is $71.42.  This means the dollar to point conversion is 8.57 cents per point for a 100 point perk, 9.03 cents per point for the 500 points perks and 9.52 cents per point for the 750 point rewards.   

Of course, there is significant variation in the value of each individual perk, but I think I have enough data at this point to state that for the average perk, 750 point sets are a better value than 500 point perks, which are a better value than 100 point perks. 

There are obviously caveats, but one other thing to consider is 750 point perks come with free shipping, which means a lot to me, since I rarely place online orders and the stores near me never seem to get good 100 point perks.

Also worth pointing out that I only started tracking 750 point perks recently, so that terrible KVD coffin perk isn't in my numbers--I have no doubt that it would drag down the average, but I think there was enough push back that they wouldn't add a perk that terrible ever again.

Excellent analysis, @Halcyon7!

Thanks!

I also thank you for sharing the math on that! I always wondered but was too lazy to do it myself.

For my own personal "worth it" meter I think back to what the previous 1000 point perks were like during the extraordinary and epic rewards events. I figure since there are so many people with tens of thousands of points, the value of those past 1000 point perks will likely cost 2-3x more in the bazaar.

So to find the happy medium I prefer 100 point perks to be worth at least $6 retail value, 500 at $35, 750 at $75, 1000 at $150, etc. 

But since I have a limited amount of points I care more about the products themselves. Whether it's something I've always wanted to try but was too expensive to buy (or I personally felt too expensive for the product type), if it's something a friend or family member would love, if they are things I will actually use and not just keep for collection purposes.

I know I'd be disappointed if I cashed in points for a high retail value item I mildly cared about but then later see something that I really want (plus good value) but can't get because I didn't have enough points anymore.

You are awesome, thank you!!!!! 

I agree, in general the larger rewards tend to have a higher rate of return... and usually I wont return until I get a certain % return on my points; however, sometimes, certain elements of rewards are unique enough and desirable to me that I am willing to sacrifice $ value.

Talking about KVD coffin case, they sent me wrong my perk and I receive KVD coffin case instead of other perk I chose. Oh well, it's no way to return it now. 🤓

I think some are worth to get small sizes but otherwise I like to get full size. Not all the full size products are worth your points or cash values. Example 750 points Burberry bronzer palette compares to 1000 points Marc Jacobs engraved lipsticks. They're not much different of values but Burberry seems better perk for less points. But if you don't have any Marc Jacobs lipstick then you should get it. Before Bazaar reward I ordered many 100, 250, 500 points perks. I ordered 500 points Caudalie skincare set and I love it. It was my first time trying Caudalie but nothing better than starter set as 500 points perk.  It's really depending on what you really need, brand named, skincare, makeup, from just trying it out To the trip.

My Atelier Cologne Citron D'Erable for 1000 points...was a too cool for school lip balm.

Thankfully...sephora will (kindly) refund my points.  Another example of why I am now mostly shopping elsewhere.

It would have been nice to get what I ordered.  No, I will not be making rouge again this year.  Yes, I will be returning the one item I bought during the recent 15% off.

@meganlisa  That's awful!  How have you been?

@meganlisa That's such a bummer Smiley Sad 

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Dont they have that product in stock anyway? Why couldn't they just re send you one? 

i wonder who the heck they have handling the rewards distribution? It's often been messed up.

Just know that you are very valued and cared about here on BT <3

@PaletteAddict99 Thank you.  For the kind words.  I've been a little crazy busy and overwhelmed elsewhere so the support is very much appreciated.

They couldn't do anything...as it's a promo item...other than refund the points.  I asked the rep to double check with the manager.  I'll live, but I was disappointed!

@Ispend2much6 I was so disappointed!  I was so excited to get the fragrance...and it wasn't in the box....

I've been pretty well.  Busy.  More focused on clothes than makeup for a bit.  How have you been?

6 Replies