Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Sephora Rewards Bazaar

An OLD thread for updates on the new Rewards Bazaar

Please note - this thread will no longer be updated and maintained - refer to the new thread here for current discussion and updates:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussion/m-p/27...

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spoiler

The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST

• There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
    • However, so far the rewards have been released around 9 am PST
  • There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    • Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
    • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
  • There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times 

There may not be any "big" point perks added. Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar

You're right that a lot of people wouldn't have to fly to Vegas or CA.  But the closest event to me was in Chicago and that's a 5 hour drive.  I guess I just don't see the makeovers as that big of a deal since they are a perk of being a Rouge.  

My other issue is that I don't have 10 friends who would want to do this.  That makes me sound pathetic!

I want this too but I don't see it yet....0.JPG

1.JPG

i want the coffin so bad, but what worries me is that the email i got said 300 available and the picture below says 80 available?

Yikes!  I hadn't noticed that....

@notcreative @Blackwhiskey @ZombieMetroAnt I should have clarified - there seem to be only 80 available on the Canadian site, as that is what the Bazaar tells me and I'm Canadian.

Zombie's picture indicates there are 300 available - I'm assuming that's for the US site! 

@lachaton Thank you for clearing that up !

@ZombieMetroAnt the rewards aren't all going up on the same day - the email I received said that these are some of the rewards coming soon from now through September and that you can get them "this month"

kat von d rewards.JPG

What I find interesting about the rollout is we finally get to see the number available. I really like that coffin and actually have enough points to redeem (surprising for me), but I cannot wait for people to tell me if it is worth the points. With only 80 available, it will sell out within minutes of being released.

I expected to see points worth less with the new system (maintaining those awesome awards 104 times a year versus two times would be too difficult), so I am not disillusioned by that. Seeing only 1300 500 point perks and 80 750 point perks disappoints me a little. That is not many at all.

Thanks @lachaton  I will continue to hold my position; paitiently awaiting its arrival...

000000.JPG

Bear with me here, I have a theory I'd like your feedback on..  Smiley Happy

It seems that people generally have 2 complaints when comparing Sephora and Ulta - that the Ulta rewards program is way better than Sephora, but Ulta's shipping is so dang slow and some people have had bad experiences with their customer service.

This week, I received an ulta order 2 DAYS after ordering (like, whaaaaaaat?!)!!  Has anyone else had this happen or is this a fluke? 

Additionally, this week, Sephora has revamped its rewards system. Granted, this is the time of year Sephora tends to do the epic rewards thing, but it seems this change is a more on-going one than the usual one-time event, no?

I just find it interesting, and probably not coincidental that (it seems) in the same week, Ulta is stepping up its shipping AND Sephora is stepping up its rewards.  

So, what do you all think? Am I reading too much into this or have we finally pressured Ulta and Sephora into competing for our business in a more meaningful way? Smiley Wink

EDIT: I'm kind of a newb here still, so forgiveness and guidance please if I should be posting this in a different thread. 

When I lived in California Ulta's shipping took forever!  Now that I'm in DC I get my stuff from Ulta within a day or two of placing the order.  Living on the east coast is so much better!  My Sephora orders come in faster, too!

ulta's shipping definitely has gotten better this year. i usually get my orders within 4 days of ordering and have gotten a few only 2 days after. i do not live close to their shipping center, my orders usually ship from illinois and i am in southern louisiana. 

also i've never had any problems with their customer service. they have been really nice the two times i've had to call them over the years and they offer something to fix the problem. 

@CBerry17 I can't respond too much to the shipping point, I live fairly close to an Ulta distribution center and typically receive my order within 2 or 3 business days.  Ironically, my Monday order has not yet been delivered and I don't know when it will be, tracking shows it's circling around UPS hubs.. but that's not Ulta's fault. Smiley Happy

I believe if Sephora truly wanted to compete with Ulta, they would convert points into cash, and better GWP options.  And if Ulta truly wanted to compete with Sephora, they'd offer free, upgraded shipping for Platinum, and maybe some Platinum freebies.

I suppose I should have mentioned that it usually takes a full week (and sometimes a couple of extra days even) for my ulta orders to arrive. For example, I placed an order last Thursday that isn't arriving until tomorrow, which is why it was seeming to me that this was a new development as of this week.

Good ideas for other ways to improve! Definitely agree with the points to cash idea and better GWP (especially considering a lot of the 100-point perks are free GWP at Nordstrom). And, yes yes yes to free/upgraded shipping to platinum members at Ulta! Platinum freebies wouldn't be rejected either. ;o)

Thanks for your input, @shimmerbait !

@CBerry17 it is an interesting coincidence... just like a lot of brands this year are re-releasing/revamped their lipstick line... UD, MUFE, Lancome, Dior, Smashbox... MAC added more colors Smiley Happy

A few months ago I noticed that Ulta has really improved its shipping to what it used to be even a year ago. I placed several orders 😇 on Monday this week and received 4/5 orders on Wednesday(!!!) The remaining order is shipping from a different warehouse and will arrive Friday. For reference, the 4 that already arrived shipped from PA, while the one lagging behind shipped from TX. All packages were going to CT (this is starting to sound like a 5th grade math test....) 

But overall I've noticed a definite overall improvement in Ulta's shipping speed. For me, the only drawback to Ulta's shipping is that (unless there's a special event going on with free or reduced shipping) the minimum order for free shipping is $50 - even for Platinum members. 

Great - good to know it's not just me! The order that came quickly for me was also placed on Monday (and came on Wednesday). Maybe they stepped it up specifically for the point multiplier event (with the exception of that one that's shipping from extra far away)? I guess we'll see if the trend continues...

Totally agree - the limit for free shipping should be lower (or free) for platinum. That $50 limit really messes with my head when I'm trying to get $15 worth of products that aren't excluded from coupons, plus meet $50, plus take into account the discount in getting to that total. First-world problems, I know.  Smiley Happy

Curious about the number of orders you placed - Did you have separate promos you wanted to use or another reason? I think I'm bad at finding Ulta codes, so not to get too off-topic, but you piqued my interest. @JayAitchGee

A bunch of 100 pt rewards including nars blush in Orgasm are up on canadaian side. a few 250 pts as well.

IMG_6558.JPGIMG_6559.JPGIMG_6560.JPG

I calculated the Farmacy Rewards Value.  Which is 5.49 + 5.19 = $10.68.  Not quite worth the 250 pts IMO.  

I got the NARS Blush for 100pts just because I would love a travel size of that.  The size of that one is 0.12oz which is very close to the 0.16oz full size.  If it isn't a misprint, then the value would be a whopping $28.50.  I'll fill everyone in when I get the package if the sizing is correct.

I found some pictures of the Nars reward looks like a really good deal!

Spoiler
Spoiler
vedcs.jpg
Spoiler
greceac.jpg
Spoiler
grevea.jpg
2 Replies