Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Sephora Rewards Bazaar

An OLD thread for updates on the new Rewards Bazaar

Please note - this thread will no longer be updated and maintained - refer to the new thread here for current discussion and updates:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussion/m-p/27...

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spoiler

The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST

• There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
    • However, so far the rewards have been released around 9 am PST
  • There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    • Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
    • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last
  • There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times 

There may not be any "big" point perks added. Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar

Oh weird...in that case it might also be that their servers were slow to roll out updates across their fleet.  Rollouts across distributed systems are usually pretty fast, depending on how regionalized they are and how many there are.  Some servers could have been lagging behind with older data, and if you hit that server you might be unlucky.  That would be very odd...but I'm also just speculating at this point, I have no idea what sephora's server architecture is like but i'm also super curious what cloud platform they're using D: 

I bow to your engineering knowledge. *bowing* STEM ladies totally rule. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing this info with the rest of us!!

Thanks for the information, it truly helps Smiley Happy However, I do think Sephora is also staggering the reward access between its user base. I've seen the rewards on Tuesday while not logged in on IE but the second I logged in, the reward disappeared (and I saw one other person stated this happened to them as well). I don't think this would be a cache issue at that point, but simply that specific user account doesn't have viewability to it yet. They can check out with it if given the link, but they can't see the item in their Bazaar.

Edit: However, I know much less about computers than you do and I will certainly try disabling cache next time! Smiley Happy

I tried something like that with Firefox and it was my last browser to load all rewards. So I guess the cache doesn't work either.  I also cleared all cookies in Safari this morning and then logged on... Faster but still not that fast... My phone's browser (not the app) had the rewards up fast. Didn't do a darn thing to it... so really it's all craziness. LOL

Thats possible, some companies do try to release stuff on mobile first, although if you're just on a web browser in your phone it seems unlikely that it would make a difference.  Phones also have very different caching strategies than desktop browsers, so its also possible that your phone was able to refresh the cache more quickly.

I was able to disable caching (not just clear it once) on all my browsers (chrome, firefox, safari this morning and the rewards showed up for me in stock at the same time without a problem

That's what I did. Disable cache on Firefox and was the last browser to load the rewards... I don't have the Sephora app so I just use my browser and bam saw them fast.  Last Tues nothing showed up... took like 20 mins to see... so really it's all a big mess.  The only time I was able to see everything right at 12 is when they first came out at the end of Aug?  Been a few times now that I don't see stuff right away. I've tried plenty of tricks but still... just luck I think.

New 100, 250 and 500 point perks have been posted. Some show OOS.  So will it be like this? Having new rewards added showing OOS and will go live anytime during the day?

I was up late last night and checked at 3:00 am ET , New rewards were listed at that time but showing OOS. Alterna and Living proof 500 pts perks weren't there at that time though.

@veronika23 I checked the bazaar at around 5am and those were OOS then, too.  

I think they just haven't been activated yet.  

yeah that's what I was thinking @Mochapj Smiley Happy

I'm wondering the same thing. 

If if they are the new perks, it isn't very impressive since so many of them have been promo codes at one point or another. 

A few for the new ones are working right now though (like the Benefit gel liner and the old 500 point ones that were added). 

I not even have the same products that you guys... There is no benefit for me! Why?! Mystery.... =/

@Mari32Mari Are you in the US? V and I are looking at the Canadian Bazaar. 

@lachaton m in Brazil! hahaha! But I only buy in the US because I have family living there. Thats why I dont know if Im checking the US bazaar =/ I thought since I buy in the US website the bazaar shown would be the US one... How to check it, please?! Thats not the first time that I noticed the products shown to me are different...

@Mari32Mari I think the Bazaar is only available to US and Canadian customers, so it sounds like you may be viewing the US site. 

Youcan check by scrolling to the bottom of the page - there's a button to click to change between the US and Canada

image.jpeg

Oh I found it! I switched to Canada website and the products are different. They have the Benefit and the smashbox trio I was craving for. The I switched to the US again and the vanished. hahaha! Its ok... Ill stick with the products shown to me =)

ps: I buy here in Brasil but I send to my family in the US. We have Sephora here as well, but its ridiculous... Then, since my family come to Brazil every 2 months, I buy there and they bring them to me =)

That's what I pretty much always thought of point perks... recycled promos... even some VIB promos are equivalent to 500 point perks.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the obsession with "engraving"?? I love the rewards bazaar and I've had my share of some fantastic rewards, I never cared for putting my initials on a product that has a shelf life of 6-12 months....so I don't get it.

also I noticed with the mega rewards as soon as they put the word "engraving" on the reward (Marc Jacobs, Atelier etc) people jump on that and it gets sold out instantly however for example lunch with OLE is overlooked and the Standard bumble and bumble went back in stock.. I guess there was no "engraving " on those experiences..

😌

I'm avoiding engraved, personalized rewards like the plague now. It was nice in theory, I looked forward to these rewards but time is a huge factor. Waiting months and months for these things is just a turn off now. I'm interested in the atelier 1000 point reward but am worried it'll have engraving and don't want it. The narcissist in me has gotten over seeing my name on expensive things lol.

yeah, knowing what I know now I would never go through the engraving rigmarole again!

Lol, but there are a ton of variables that you aren't accounting for regarding the difference in those (type of) rewards. I redeemed for the engraved Marc Jacobs lip sticks (1500 pts), but most certainly never never blinked an eye at the lunch with Ole Henriksen reward.

Engraving pro, in general:

Engraving makes a products unique and special to the owner. While it doesn't add any monetary value, it can add something for the person who owns it. As an example, I got my nickname that my friends use on one & what my BF calls me on the other. I know another user got two words reminding her of her kids. Each time we use those we'll be reminded of certain people/things.nplus I'll know if someone tries to steal it. Lol jk.

MJ specific pros:

-2 full sized $30 lipsticks + a (disappointing) makeup bag

-In your choice of colors

-The caps are what is engraved so a shelf life of 6-12 months is irrelevant. You can easily switch that cap to any other FS MJ l/s. Lipsticks also usually have a shelf life of 24 months, fragrances are longer. Plus, a lot of people "collect" their makeup.

-It was 1500 points. That's A LOT more likely for an average consumer to reach that 20000. I have about 5000 currently and would have 10000 had I not redeemed a bunch, BUT I'd still have no where near 20000. That's a LOT.

Atelier engraving:

-Not interesting to me because I'm not into fragrance like that. Engraving adds no value for me if it's not something that if otherwise want. 

Ole lunch (& similar) cons:

-it's in LA. I live in NY. Who the heck is paying for my air and hotel? Certainly not looking to spend $600/700+ to eat lunch.

-it assumes I'll be able to go between May 1- May 11, depending on Ole's availability. Um, hi, some of us work and can just take off willy nilly  Sephora. We have to request multiple MONTHS in advance to even have a chance of approval.

-the products listed that you go home with are tote bags. I will literally cry if I end up with another regular old tote bag.

-it's 20000 points. That's a LOT. Either people don't have that many or people who did already used a bunch of them.

-my skin is good and I'm not looking for a consult.

-OH products haven't worked out for me in the past, except for the Orange face wipes & a (d/c'd?) herbal day creme. The peel was okay. (Truth Serum, the corresponding oil, sheer transformation, invigorating night gel, eye gel, under eye exfoliating thing, seafoam green face wipes were all a nope) 

-Quite frankly, I have less than no desire to have lunch with Ole. No offense, Mr Henriksen, but I don't know you. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you're still kinda a random guy and I don't really have much to talk to you about. I'm not an avid user of your products (they just don't work for my skin) and never even thought about meeting you prior to the reward lol. Sorry, but I'd rather have lunch with my BF in NY. I can also see how someone suffer with anxiety would view this as something to steer away from.

-Facial: no issue, that's good.

the standard:

-again, in LA. Travel is expensive and prohibitive.

-even higher high point requirement. Many people don't have that many (never did or not anymore).

-it's a specific day and time. You'd have to be able to make it.

-gift bag of unknown best-sellers. I like some B&B products & hate others. Some that I hate are best-sellers. I also have thinning hair that is extremely dry and it's picky about what products work for it. 

I wanted many others, but I was too late because they also sold out quickly (without any engraving). Some too faced, the PTR, UD and some others. How many rewards had engraving anyway? I was only aware of 2. Sometimes it's not only "engraving" something, but everything about the reward that makes it worth it or not to different people. Some of the "mega" rewards are completele garbage and waste to me, but the experience of a lifetime for others. Thank God it is that way. Imagine if we all only wanted the same rewards. The rewards bazaar would be an even bigger disaster.

1 Reply