Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Rewards Bazaar Previews and Discussions

A thread for updates on the Rewards Bazaar, including previews of upcoming rewards and discussion regarding the upcoming rewards and questions.

New rewards are posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays - usually right around 9 am PST / 12 pm EST

There is a separate thread for feedback on reward redemption and experiences which you can find here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Redemption-Experiences/td-p/27...

And an interim thread for discussions on perks after the old one was removed during The Great BT Migration of 2017:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussions-Thread-Missing/m-p...

For the official Sephora FAQ thread on the Rewards Bazaar: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/The-Beauty-Insider-Rewards-Bazaar-FAQs/td-p/2539566

For questions or information on smaller 100, 250, and 500 point perks:

Spoiler

General information:

Spoiler
  • The Rewards Bazaar is supposed to have new point perks released on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 5pm PST
  • There is no set time for the perks to be released - we have to wait and see when they become available between 9 and 5
  • However, so far the rewards have been released almost exactly around 9 am PST
    There seem to be only a few perks added at a time (each day)
  • Some perks will be listed as "coming soon" and may arrive on a later date
  • The newly added perks will range from 100 points to 50,000 points
    Sephora's T&C state that the larger perks (750 points +) are only available online
  • The smaller 100-500 point perks are available in store, while supplies last There are limited quantities of the perks available
  • We aren't sure why the rewards seem to appear on different devices/browsers at different times There may not be any "big" point perks added.
  • Some days we may only see smaller 100, 250, or 500 point perks added.
  • Updated Terms & Conditions (as of August 16, 2016):

image.jpeg

• Previews are above - note that these are just sneak peeks, as we do not have complete details as to which perks will be available, when, or what's included.
  • Additional perks usually pop up as a surprise!

Re: I love my local Sephora and the team there but I'm so fru...

@JennTR I can't help but compare Sephora's rewards program to Shopper's Drug Mart as well. SDM is doing it right: points that equal actual $$ that you can spend on whatever you want. They're also really catching up with the beauty brands they're carrying. If they'd start carrying Drunk Elephant and Hourglass, I'd probably almost never need to shop at Sephora again. 😛 

@Asche hahahaha seriously, I was thinking the same thing. 

Asche...I could not agree with you more...I might add some Becca and PTR in there as well.  I will stock up on my DE and Hourglass at next 20% event however I will be looking for dupes for both while now browsing SDM!

Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar Previews and Discussions

Totally agree with your frustration @lschmaltz! I think what makes me the most angry is that these are digital gift cards. It isn't like they can go OOS like the other products in the bazaar. How hard is it to make more available? Or make them permanently available so any time we have 2500 points, we can cash them in. It is absolutely ridiculous that customers spending thousands of dollars each year need to engage in any type of competition to get a "reward," especially considering all the other beauty retailers that have much more generous reward programs. If they can do it, why can't Sephora?

Agreed! I understand the actual physical items running ou...

Agreed! I understand the actual physical items running out of stock - they have a limited number. and they state that up front. But a digital in-store gift card? Of course they could make as many available as they want. I would even spend a few more points just to have them available all the time and not have to compete for months just to be lucky enough to get one. Ulta and Nordstrom rewards are available anytime when you have the points - I dont know why Sephora can't figure this out. 🤷‍♀️

You are not alone @lschmaltz. I went on my own little rant, and I have reached the end of my rope with trying to deal with Sephora's Reward Bazaar, and I am officially DONE!

I know I am not alone and it's frustrating that it's such...

I know I am not alone and it's frustrating that it's such a common problem. I have tried the tips people suggest; I have called in and they are very polite and very sorry, but no attempts to remedy the situation. I have been in the habit of buying from sephora to earn points - but if I cannot use them for anything I want - why am I earning them?? I am with you - done. I already deleted my wish list to help avoid temptation - and most of it is available elsewhere anyway. 😃

Re: I know I am not alone and it's frustrating that it's such...

Yep, totally agree with you @lschmaltz. After I used the $25 rewards to get some items on my wish list, I deleted everything else. From now on, my beauty purchases that were going to Sephora will now be are going to Nordstrom where I can redeem my points with ease on the items I want without jumping through any hoops. 

So today seemed to be an exceptional day as I was finally able to get $100 reward after trying for a long long time. 1FE44F3D-2EC4-4226-A0F3-BC5022835608.jpeg

Congratulations @fatimamummy!!! I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get the $100 Reward. My experience today was the last straw, and I am finally done with Rouge. After trying and failing to get the $100 reward, I try for the $50, where I also tried and failed. The only reward that worked with no problem was the $25 reward. Even though it is not worth it, and it is not the reward Sephora promised me as a Rouge customer, I cashed in all my points for the $25 reward, so ... instead of spending 2500 points to get $100, I spent 3000 points to get $75. 

I am tired of wasting my precious time and feeling like I am fighting for scraps in the Hunger Games trying to get this reward. It is obvious that Sephora doesn't really want to provide this reward because there is no reason to make a reward for your most loyal customers who spend the most money each year this hard to get.

I hope Sephora does improve their reward program, but it is too late for me. I fell for the promise of the $100 reward that turned out to be a sham. I won't be fooled again with Sephora's empty promises. I'm Rouge until the end of 2020, but I see Insider status for my future after that.

@sephoraaddict918  That’s so unfair. I can totally understand your frustration.

RE: Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar Previews and Discussions

I finally got it too! My second time grabbing this.

Re: RE: Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar Previews and Discussions

YAY!!! Congratulations @stephaniekim22!!!!

Re: RE: Re: Sephora Rewards Bazaar Previews and Discussions

Yay! Congratulations @stephaniekim22

Ugh... Another point grab...

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 10.39.55 AM.png

Boo!

Boo!

@veronika23 I saw that this morning. And all I could think was, "Really? Because the last one went over so well..." I'm thrilled for the winner of the last contest, but the whole thing was handled rather poorly by Sephora and led to a lot of frustration on the part of contest entrants. Hopefully this will run more smoothly. (HA!)

But what is with all of these point dumping contests?? I'm starting to wonder if the rumors of a rewards program shakeup for next year are true and they're just looking to get people to empty out some points before then.

@quspork  my thoughts exactly... although not sure this one will be any better. It's Sephora after all. 😄 😄 😄

I dunno... but thinking the same. They want people to dump points before a revamp. The thing is that people wouldn't have to dump points if they had consistently provided good rewards with a good amount available. Having small quantities like two per item is ridiculous and they should have never have capped those "gc".

Agree completely, @veronika23. Honestly, I think the biggest positive move they could make would just be to make the $100 Rouge Reward (and $25 and $50) available at all times. 

@quspork  definitely!!!

Just got the First Aid Beauty reward. It’s so cute!0B736AC9-6024-45C4-84DA-ADFC5E15312E.jpeg

1CCB2083-9FEF-47E4-BE68-8BA87E52FBBE.jpeg

7 Replies
testing