Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

Holiday Greetings to the lovely people of BIC whichever holiday you celebrate! 

As many of you are aware, @TeamBIC has this naughty little habit of turning into a bunch of festive elves and spoiling a random number of active BIC community contributors with a surprise holiday treat come this time of year!  Yeah the imagery is there of TeamBIC in pointy green hats making the magic happen while sipping on hot cocoa.

I’m sure all of you are eager to see what they’ve been up to this season!  I know I am!  They never fail to impress me with their creative box designs (my inner cat loves the boxes as much as the contents) Of course the contents are always wonderful too;);)

This thread is for expressing your community excitement, making wild or educated sleuthed-out guesses as to what could be inside  and for sharing with the community, photos of any gifts you receive, and also for congratulating other community members on their awesome luck and for making BIC the beauty haven it is!   

And once people have had a chance to try out their…ahhhh thé suspense is too much!!!😝, this is a great place to both write and read the best quality product reviews!  It doesn’t get more honest than from the mouths of BIC members you talk to everyday and who know exactly what kind of information you like!  It’s also a great place to ask questions on any products members have received and know you’ll get a speedy response!

I look forward to seeing all the photos

posted as members receive and open boxes, sharing in the joy and witnessing how everyone’s surprises work for them!

Speaking of gratis that works for me, I have been wearing the Kilian Apple Brandy fragrance from last year all week!!!  A continuous thank you to @TeamBIC for every single time I smell like spicy mince meat tarts🥰🥰🥰🥧

Also, I heard someone say today they finished their holiday shopping.  Show of hands, who’s finished or, ahem… started their holiday shopping?  😆✋🏻 I started and am nowhere near finished status; as collected and organized as that would be.  

B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg

F99EC02F-0B9F-494B-832C-E4250BE65042.jpeg

Re: Sephora Holiday Gratis 2022!!!

@WinglessOne  Hahahahah!!  That moment of dread wondering ‘what the 10lbs have I done?’  Ha, an accidental 10lb coffee order would be something!  
The Apple Brandy is truly magical and unique!  Everyone seems to love it and for good reason!  Who wouldn’t want to be around that fragrance?  

Doesnthe JVN have to be used for straightening?  it’s pretty moisturizing.  I have to check now to see if there are any relaxing ingredients in it.  

@heartsmyface  Oh, I didn't reference straightening as in "this product will act like a relaxer." I was referring to blowouts and flat ironing. Both of those styling methods would result in straightening my coils. The JVN milk is specifically marketed for blowouts: the brand claims it's heat activated and a heat protectant. That tells me it's not something I'd wanna use on my coils as a styling product unless I planned to straighten them with heat. 

I mean sure, I could try using it on days I blowdry my hair with a diffuser attachment—but I don't use high (or even moderate) heat for that, so it'd probably be a waste of product. Ditto for using it on my coils as-is with no heat applied at all. This is a product I'd reserve for times I plan to straighten with heat. 

Woohoo, @WinglessOne, enjoy your 10 lbs' worth of hair goodies!

@TeamBIC  Thank you so much for sending me this wonderful package! My hair will be blown away with excitement when I start testing out these amazing goodies!! I have been dying to try K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Molecular Hair Repair Value Set – Full-Size Repair Mask & Free Travel Detox Shampoo  I have seen so many great reviews on it. I will definitely try it out Saturday since I just did a protein hair treatment on Saturday!! I also was looking at OUAI Hydrating Scalp Serum for Healthy, Fuller Looking Hair 2 oz / 60 mL  I almost put it in my cart during the sale but I held off since I’m still getting through my Ordinary scalp serum! Can’t wait to test it out. I already love the JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL  I got it as a sample and I use it every time I wash my hair. It’s so good! I adore the whole JVN line. Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil  I need to try this one out again. I used it years ago and I remember not overly loving it but I can’t wait to try it again! And finally Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer  I have been needing a new blow dryer forever. I can’t wait to have a new one so I can dry my hair faster!! Another thing I’ve been looking for is a hair towel. I can’t wait to use this! I’ve been showering at night so hopefully this helps cut my hair drying time! And last but not least I’ve been saying I was going to order a new silk pillowcase and finally I have the best one ever. Now when I sleep I will be dreaming of all the wonderful people on BIC!! Thank you so much. 

4489022B-9657-4396-9127-4EFE2E176E9E.jpeg

Congrats on the goodies, @ather!

@quspork  Thank you! 

@ather I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Ordinary vs the Ouai serum. I LOVED the Ordinary serum for the first month and a half but now I'm starting to lose hair again (in the front not cute) so I'm not sure if it's just the major change in weather/long Covid side effects/or if I'm hurting my hair with this serum. It was growing my baby hairs out near my temples so I'm not sure.

@niki172  Which serum are you using? I use both The Ordinary Mini Multi Peptide Hair Density Serum 1 oz / 30 mL  and The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + Hyaluronic Acid Scalp Serum 60ml  I do notice I see way more baby hairs when I use the hair density one. I just went through a big shedding of my hair last month I had an appointment with my hair dresser and she didn’t notice anything up with my hair that was concerning and now it seems to have slowed down now! So maybe it’s one of the other changes causing it? You could always stop using it for a bit and see if it stops shedding and try again see if it happened again. I have done that with products before and sometimes it’s the product and sometimes it’s not. 

@ather I'm using the The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density 2 oz/ 60 mL . I stopped using it for all of maybe 3 days (doing steps in a beauty regime can be taxing when you don't feel good/want to sleep for 20+ hours lol) and I noticed that I didn't have nearly as much shedding if any at all. Maybe it is the weather?? Or maybe I'm using too much who knows. I see the Dermatologist in a few days so we'll see what he thinks.

@niki172  Oh wow. Interesting it could be the ordinary hair density. #SEPHORA COLLECTION Strengthening Hair Serum with Biotin and Phytoprotiens 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  has a version too. I haven’t tested it yet but I am curious about it. I’m interested in what the dermatologist says! 

@ather I have a bottle of the Sephora collection one as well I just haven't tried it out yet. I have 2 dermatologists (one is for cosmetic stuff and the other for medical things stupid insurance) I'm going to ask the one that does "light" cosmetic procedures (like botox and lasers nothing major like full on surgeries) next week what she thinks as she's really well versed in what is on the market. I didn't get a whole lot out of the medical dermatologist just an "uh huh" which was such helpful insight 🙄😆.

@niki172  Oh man. That’s not helpful. Hopefully the cosmetic one can give some insight. I often wonder if I over use things and it makes my hair/skin worse. But I never get a straight answer. 

Congratulations @ather! That pillowcase and turban are so very cool 😎 I feel the same about the K18. Can hardly wait!!!! 

@eshoe  I tried the K18 last night. My hair feels so good today! I used the hair towel to help dry and it’s a game changer!!! Such great items!

So good to hear, @ather! Your pillowcases are so cute, too-such cute graphics 😍

@eshoe  I know. Is the pillowcase too cute to use lol!!! I was reading reviews on the K18 and they say it takes a few uses to really see a difference but I did feel a difference after one use! 

Thank you, @ather - it is very helpful to have realistic expectations. I have been reading through the reviews as well and am optimistic but also I know the sad state of my thinner-than-average hair😂

@ather how exciting!! Congratulations 🎉

@lmaster  Thank you sweets! 

@ather Congrats on the gratis!

Congratulations, @ather

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • B9838C05-63AA-45CA-8327-D6E1B8BF2787.jpeg