Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Rouge "surprise" gifts

Hey guys! I am about to hit Rouge and I know that this question has been asked before but I´ll ask it again just to see if there has been any updates:

Have any of you recieved a "surprise gift" yet???? So far I haven't heard of any Smiley Sad 

Re: Rouge "surprise" gifts

i havent received what i would call a 'surprise gift.' but i was invited to meet marc jacobs at a party and receive a free lipgloss. i have also used the free makeover 3 times so far while being rouge. i occasionally receive an extra sample in my online order package as well.

Thanks ghkim!

I received a Sephora order yesterday and in it was two samples of the Philosophy Full Of Promise™ Dual-Action Restoring Cream.  Other than that I haven't received any gifts.  I did get that Marc Jacobs look book thing in the mail though, which was really just an advertisement.

Hmmmm.... seems like it´s just samples then :/

I've gotten extra samples, but that's about it so far. 

To be honest, I have few expectations about Rouge.  It's not as though I purchased Rouge membership:   it just came along with my account because I spent quite a bit at Sephora this year.  I take Rouge for being what it says it is in the FAQ and nothing more than that.  

So whatever freebies I get is what I get.  Though they're welcome to throw free stuff at me any time that they like, because I won't complain Smiley Happy

The free shipping is definitely the best:  I like not having to spend $50 any time I want to order one small thing.

my boyfriend buys me stuff on his sephora account that is not even vib and he gets extra samples...so i think thats not just rouge.

Yes, I haven't received anything, but they are sending out full sized products to Rouge members from time to time. It seems to be loosely based on things you've bought in the past that they think you might enjoy, and who will get what and when is pretty random so far (otherwise it's not really a surprise, is it? Smiley Happy )

I received quite the surprise.  Sephora sent me a full sized bottle of Tom Ford's fragrance Neroli Portofino.  It was quite the shock considering it retails at about $210.  It's a great scent-it's actually quite unisex.  Green and citrus.  One of my sons was admiring it. LOL  It's not a fragrance that I have ever purchased so I guess they just picked it out for me. 

Nice! Sign me up to be on that list. XD Though with all the holiday stuff I will be there pretty quick.

How awesome for you!  I am insanely jealous!

Wow, I am SUPER jealous. Tom Ford is one of my most coveted brands but I have yet to treat myself. I doubt I could ever spend that much on a single item.

Wow that's a cool surprise!  I haven't received anything either.

Wow, fantastic! I'm glad they picked something you liked, that's my biggest worry, that I might get a gift I hate.

Which, in the long run, is not a very big deal. Smiley Happy

oh so much fun!  I love surprise gifts!  Lucky you garnett!  Looks like you might have to hide it from your son Smiley Happy

Ooooh that's super awesome! It's great that you like the scent! I kind of like the anticipation that we might get a gift/surprise xD 

Wow that IS a surprise Smiley Happy

Score!

Wow, that's great, but it seems like such a gamble, especially for such a pricey fragrance. It's lucky that you liked it, but it just seems like a huge expense that could easily go to waste if you did not -- so I'm just surprised that they would choose at random like this (assuming it was not in your favorites, etc.). 

Nothing yet for me.  So When/If I do get one I will be super surprised! 

@Garnett: that's super awesome!

Nothing here.  No extra samples, no advertisements, no freebies.  Frankly, not expecting anything beyond "the check is in the mail, promise."

Didn't hit the powerball either which seems to be how this thing is set up.  Of course the powerball tells you the odds before you buy the ticket...

so far it does look that way.

Nothing here - and zero acknowledgement of Rouge status in store, even when I picked up my Rouge membership kit.  Not even a hello or congrats from the surly cashier.

Though this is more a customer service/employee thing than anything about Rouge per se.

Rouge or not -- I've also NEVER gotten even one sample (say, at check out?) in store at Sephora; not once, in dozens upon dozens of visits.*

*If I ask for a sample of one product to be made up for me from the tester, someone will make it for me -- but never offered anything else, and I have to explicitly insist/ask even for what I do get!   Depending on the sales person, sometimes really have to insist.

Anyway, I won't go on and on -- I will wait to see how the Rouge thing works out.  And overall I am glad there is any kind of loyalty program with perks.  All in all, I am happy to have Sephora, like the loyalty program and promos, even if they aren't earth shattering, I still find it a good place to shop.  But still, it's not exactly exciting so far! Smiley Wink

agreed.

I've gotten nothing. Ever. The welcome kit with the mini lipstick was it. And I don't foresee the "surprise gifts" they promised to be anytime in the near future.

96 Replies
Conversation Stats