Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Rouge "surprise" gifts

Hey guys! I am about to hit Rouge and I know that this question has been asked before but I´ll ask it again just to see if there has been any updates:

Have any of you recieved a "surprise gift" yet???? So far I haven't heard of any Smiley Sad 

Re: Rouge "surprise" gifts

so far it does look that way.

Nothing here - and zero acknowledgement of Rouge status in store, even when I picked up my Rouge membership kit.  Not even a hello or congrats from the surly cashier.

Though this is more a customer service/employee thing than anything about Rouge per se.

Rouge or not -- I've also NEVER gotten even one sample (say, at check out?) in store at Sephora; not once, in dozens upon dozens of visits.*

*If I ask for a sample of one product to be made up for me from the tester, someone will make it for me -- but never offered anything else, and I have to explicitly insist/ask even for what I do get!   Depending on the sales person, sometimes really have to insist.

Anyway, I won't go on and on -- I will wait to see how the Rouge thing works out.  And overall I am glad there is any kind of loyalty program with perks.  All in all, I am happy to have Sephora, like the loyalty program and promos, even if they aren't earth shattering, I still find it a good place to shop.  But still, it's not exactly exciting so far! Smiley Wink

agreed.

I've gotten nothing. Ever. The welcome kit with the mini lipstick was it. And I don't foresee the "surprise gifts" they promised to be anytime in the near future.

@garnett - "Yeah, Baby!"  (Austin Powers reference) I'm glad you got something and that it's something you like - bonus. Hope you buy some lottery tickets, you just might be on a lucky streak.

@rikkie - I was thinking the same thing re: what sample we get - fragrance wouldn't be great for me, most give me migraines. I do wonder if this will start a new "Traveling Box" made up of Rouge Gifts that didn't quite "fit" us. Wishing you luck & hoping for something perfect for you. You deserve it, you're an extra special Rouge. Smiley Happy

I also get migraines from 99% of all fragrances so a fragrance would be the worst gift Smiley Sad Let's hope that it really is based on the stuff we have bought and might like...I wonder if there will be a Christmas gift?? 

I like the free shipping but....well, I get that from Amazon con "prime", and though this may be heresy---still I must confess that so far that relationship has been rather more fulfilling, in that at least I know in advance what I am likely to get--or not--and so perhaps have fewer expectations squalched.  (Si, I know that's not a WP word, but none other captures the relentless sound of crushed hopes so).  Most of what I buy from Sephora is skin creams and lotions to soothe or even combat some ....... conditions...to help make my skin bearable unto me, and though I didn't expect--y con mi conscience likely could not enjoy--any fabulous frivolous gilt-gilded-gifts.....I have been rather hoping for ... something.  Most of my purchases are lotions or creams to treat a...to palliate a skin issue that Medicare leaves raw and... I realize I am lucky this is my big problem, still and all I really thought---the trusted friends y/and familia who suggested buying from Sephora as much as possible really thought--that at some point there would, as the ads and emails suggest, some benefit from this way of shopping---not coupons or handouts or sympathy offerings but the same benefits originally ascribed/described with first VIB and lately 'Rouge'; the chance to sample things which I might not otherwise get to try; the odd funny, pretty card or bubble of bath oil in the mail---these things mean a LOT when you've just walked to the mailbox first time in some months--y/and yes naively I believed in the possibility of small gifts, of little, occasional, newsprint-wrapped surprises brightening the ordeal a walk to the mailbox sometime has become.  Maybe One-thousand-dollars is not noteworthy to Sephora, but had you asked me even  a few years ago it was more than I could ever imagine spending on...on anything, short of a house, perhaps. There are days--weeks---months--when it seems unconscionable.  One-thousand dollars---the baseline purchase amount to have VIB 'ROUGE'  is more than my income for a month and then some...it is not a 'status' I could have achieved without the help of many friends who seemed to feel, to believe firmly, that this was a way I could get access to the skin balms/creams/etc. that might help.  Access to at least try things I would not otherwise afford, and yes, frankly, to the occasional frivolity that reminds us the enemy of pain can be laughter.  

Thank you, 

Shoshachu

I have received an extra sample or two at Sephora checkout...just got an order I placed online and forgot to pick out samples but there was 2 in the box...yay.I'm excited for the day I do get a random gift....I love surprises Smiley Happy

I have a question for the ladies who received the gifts. Do they come with purchases or do they just ship them to you out of the blue?

p.s. I know it says I'm not Rouge yet but I just placed an order that should qualify me. However, my status won't change until the order is "Shipped and Paid" from what I've heard.

My gift came out of the blue in a UPS express box.  I was really baffled when I   received it because I knew I didn't order anything express. 

Oh wow, Garnett. You are one lucky Rouge girl! Smiley Happy And kudos to Sephora for that wonderful "surprise" gift. Smiley Happy

I have read in another forum that girls who spend around 2-5k dollars tend to get these surprise gifts. Is this true? Have you spent around that much that's why sephora sent you a gift? Or sephora really does it randomly? Smiley Happy

Super excited to hit Rouge. Smiley Happy

i can honestly say that i'm probably at or around 2k... and nothings happened yet so... i would probably scratch 2k off that theory list.

yay! good to know that that is not the case! Smiley Happy thanks for the feedback, Katty2323! Smiley Happy

lol i can try to aim for 5k but i think my boyfriend will go nuts... or maybe... he'll let me turn the guest room into my make up wonderland. Smiley Tongue

LOL. Go for it, girl! The boyf will understand. He MUST understand. lol. Smiley Happy

Maybe it's by who qualified first? That would maybe be similar to the 2k theory because ladies who spend over 2k a year probably qualified sooner

Oooh. That would actually make a lot of sense! Smiley Happy

I'm happy they sent you something that you like and can use! That's awesome! In reply to CzaCee, I hope they aren't sending suprise gifts only to women that spend more than 2 grand--doesn't that defeat the purpose of hitting Rouge at the $1,000 mark? That would suck. It is fun to anticipate though! Smiley Happy

I'm hoping that that isn't the case as well. Smiley Happy I've stumbled upon that topic on Makeup Talk. There's this girl who spends around $5K and she got a Givenchy Lippie. While the other Rouge in the same thread who spends no more than $2K gets nothing.

But I trust Sephora and I think that they really send "surprise" gifts randomly. Smiley Happy

I got a Marc Jacobs "look book" in the mail, which was basically an fancy advertisement for Marc Jacobs. I was less than impressed. 

haven't gotten anything. the cute cashier at the counter was overly super excited to give me the welcome kit though. all wide-eyed, telling me I was the 'second person' she gave it too and how exciting it was and I was just smiling and nodding because I had no idea what VIB Rouge was and to be honest I still don't, nothing has changed.

don't we get that cool discount in november though?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats