Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Rewards

Seriously Sephora, what is going on with your Rewards program? New rewards are made available SOME (definitely not ALL) Tuesdays and Thursdays but unless we are literally waiting to claim a reward the minute it is released, we miss out. This is beyond useless. In Canada, the PC Optimum points program at Beauty Boutique is infinitely better than Sephora's rewards program because it has cash value. For the last decade I have literally spent thousands of dollars per year at Sephora and while I have Rouge status through the end of 2020, I am so pissed off about the fact that you might as well not have a rewards program, Sephora will not be receiving any further business from me unless it gets its act together and is able to implement a rewards plan that actually rewards its most loyal customers.

Re: Rewards

I have the same issue!  I'm a VIB rouge with thousands of points but no way to redeem them.  Anything that's worth getting is gone in seconds.  I am beginning to wonder why Sephora even bother with a rewards program when it's impossible to use.  It's simply ridiculous!  I've finally given up and have been shopping at Ulta more recently.  I'm so disappointed in Sephora.  They need to do better if they want customer retention.

Rewards

Was that a turkish towel that sold out. Such odd offerings like that and the poly pillowcase. it's really hard to get an item that is decent through checkout. Like it used to be even great 500 pts rewards would be around for a couple of hrs or even a day. Either demand has gone up or there are fewer rewards. With how it's working now where it's rare to get an item to checkout, I would rather rewards be posted randomly. Sephora please fix your rewards system!!!

RE: Rewards

Agree. For a global organization, the loyalty program needs some serious attention. If you can’t supply your members with rewards that are accessible, why bother? Turn the points into cash rewards like PC Optimum program. I’ll apply my points to my own reward and buy items I want and know I will love. I’m tired of the 100 point samples, as these are the only items available. Think like a customer Sephora! This isn’t a reward program, it’s a frustration program 😕

Even if you’re on at exactly 9am when the new rewards drop there’s almost no chance you’re going to get the one you want. I’ve been waiting weeks for the Jo Malone cologne. I got on at exactly 9am and added it to my cart and the app just wouldn’t let me check out! It kept giving me an error notice to reopen my basket. I tried that, I tried shutting down the app and opening it again, I even tried removing the item from my cart and adding it again. All this within 5 mins and then it was all of a sudden sold out. I called customer service and they said it was probably a glitch and although the representative I spoke to was very kind and offered me some points, they did not offer to look into the problem any further. It’s extremely upsetting when they’ve been advertising that a certain product is going to be available on the app and website as well as sending emails about it only to not be able to get it.

I was in the same situation as you were. I waited so long for it to release in the rewards. I got into the app 9am sharp, the add to basket button was there but it showed error once I clicked on it. After I refreshed the page, all the Jo Malone items were gone! I seriously think that there’s only 1 for each item. It’s so ridiculous that I have so many points but never got the chance to get anything I like. Seriously considering to buy from Shoppers Drug Mart instead.

I have the exact same problem. It’s beyond frustrating. I have emailed the company about it but the reply I got was “Please check the website as soon as possible so you can take advantage of the great rewards! We’re sorry that you weren’t successful this time!” I haven’t been able to claim a reward valued at over 500 points since I began shopping with Sephora (several years now.) I understand limited quantities, however it’s a huge company with millions of customers. Surely they can arrange to have a far larger quantity on hand. The rouge rewards aren’t good enough IMO. The whole system needs an overhaul.

I was thinking the same! I check regularly and always miss out on the rewards ... pretty frustrating because I end up using them on stuff and don’t really need or want just to use them. Should be a better system that would make it more fair!

I comely agree with your post. In fact, you must have been reading my mind. I did read somewhere that we could use points towards fullsized products, but I can’t seem to find where or how to do that! I will be taking my business back to Shoppers beauty unless this changes.m

Rewards

I also felt like I was building points toward something useful, but the good rewards are always sold out. why have points at all? I went to an Ulta for the first time in years today. I liked their selection and they actually have sales on their house brand of cosmetics. I bought a Stila eyeliner. Will explore their reward program because maybe it's better than Sephora's.

@MDinMD1it definitely is, especially if you're platinum or diamond - today there is 7x pts for diamond members! and you can also combine offers, to sometimes get 10+ pts on some things...you just have to get their emails and stay on top of things, bc a lot of the good sales or points are only for 1 day.

but I do like how sephora always has freebies with $25 order 🙂

This rewards program is hot garbage.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 74 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing