Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Mascara recommendations!

I have the worst luck with mascara, I've used them with and without primers. By 2PM, I have mascara lash marks left behind from blinking. I've tried too faced better than sex, different ones from Dior, benefit roller lash, benefit they're real, various ones from Mac and they ALL leave marks. Does anyone have any recommendations on one that I can use that won't make me look like a hot mess half way through the day?

RE: Mascara recommendations!

Bare minerals has a lash top coat to make mascaras “waterproof”! I discovered this a year or so ago. So now I use my Too Faced BTS mascara and swipe the Bare minerals top coat on top. It doesn’t actually make it waterproof but it seals in the mascara and it doesn’t flake anymore. I would think it would work on any mascara. As far as a non flaking mascara I like the Lancôme Grandiose Extreme a lot. The Marc Jacobs burnt my eyes, the roller lash never had enough volume, Lancôme monsieur big was too clumpy, IT superhero didn’t have enough volume, buxom was flaky, and I’m sure I tried at least three more I didn’t like. BTS is still my go to now that I have the Bare minerals top coat. It’s inexpensive too. Something like $12. If Sephora doesn’t have it Ulta does.

thank you!! I did pick up the MJ mascara and an still end...

thank you!! I did pick up the MJ mascara and an still ending up with marks. I've been making sure so check myself out in the mirror half way through the day to clean up little smudges. I'll definitely test your suggestion next!! thank you so much again!

Where are you ending up with marks? Under your brows, on...

Where are you ending up with marks? Under your brows, on glasses, by outer corners? I have super long lashes and MJ Velvet Noir has never transferred on me, but I work in an office so ymmv if you're more active than just walking a lot.

I'm ending up with marks under my brows. I'll definitely...

I'm ending up with marks under my brows. I'll definitely try the velvet noir!!

Ugh I was going to recommend the benefit roller lash as well but I saw you already tried it. That has been my go to and never had any probs! The tarte lights camera action is good but I prefer my roller lash over that one.

It Cosmetics Superhero mascara is my holy grail. I've nev...

It Cosmetics Superhero mascara is my holy grail. I've never had it leave marks

I would go with the Benefits Mascara myself. I have done okay in the past but I have herd theirs is really good.

Try out UD subversion lash primer

Maybe I wasnt using a good primer, i will definitely try...

Maybe I wasnt using a good primer, i will definitely try this one. Thank you so much!

I’m so surprised that Rollerlash left marks! I’ve napped with it on and it didn’t budge. I would definitely get an eyelash primer
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing