Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Météorites Powder With Purchase!

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 12.08.44 PM.png

Just got this email from Sephora. I have a feeling that supplies will go fast. CODE: PEARLS 

Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Re: Météorites Powder With Purchase!

Received mine today. Yep, definitely not my cup of tea. There are very visible sparkles in it, and all over my face once applied. Which I don't like. And the smell is extremely strong and very unpleasant to me. But, with all the hype and raving about this product, I just had to try it, and I'm glad I did. Smiley Happy At least now I know I don't need/want it.

The older ones don't sparkle. I'm still waiting on my sample of this (should be here today!) to compare, but I have the old ones and they're wonderful.

I actually really like the smell of them! It's a soft, inviting smell (to me). But my mother always wore them, too, so it kind of reminds me of her.

But, at least you know now that this formula isn't for you. Better to try a sample and not waste $60 on something you don't like, right?

Maybe I'm hypersensitive, but I have the old formula and I can definitely see sparkle on my face after using them when I'm in direct sunlight.

Oh My Goodness....I think i'm in love...with meteorites that is, lol. I got the sample and was hesitant that Clare would do anything for me since I'm dark skinned and while reading reviews a lot of people say it's too pale for deeper skin tones. Well that's just speculation as i am dark skinned and I look awesome Smiley Happy I look luminous and my skin has a lit from within glow.

I found the same with the ambient lighting, where a lot of people recommend the darkest shade for deeper skin tones when the other powders work very well if not better than radiant light. I'm so glad I tried these out...great add this to my expensive habits.

Has anyone tried to use both the meteorites and ambient lighting at the same time? 

well they don't show up on my skin at all. what a waste, i could have used a different promo code and gotten a better item worth more that i would have actually used and liked :/

It's super subtle. This shows up on everyone from super crazy fair to darker skinned beauties, so it might just be that you're used to a more noticeable luminous powder. It could also be that because it's just a small sample size, you're not picking up a lot with whatever brush you're using, making it even less noticeable.

It really is a lovely finishing powder, though!

I've never really used a super luminous powder though. The only setting powder I have is Hourglass Dim Light which I like a lot but idk I just couldn't tell anything from these Meteorites. I'll give them another shot though!

The above is a swatch/application of the pearls as they would look buffed and applied with a brush.

I wouldn't put it past the fact their illuminating payoff may be tougher to come by as it's only a pearl of each color that comes from this sample size. It's easier to pick up more product from a box of multiple/numerous pearls for more of a glowly payoff.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Does-highlighters-accentuate-dry-patches-and-or-pores/m-p/12608...

The above thread is where I snagged the pic from and it goes over a lot of highlighters and how opacity can vary depending on formula.

I vote for somebody to sneak into the Guerlain factory bin here and grab a couple more. =P

upload_7802366114502743896.jpg

Saw this on the Guerlain website, lol.

BRB. *also grabs a few Guerlain foundations and Rouge G "refills".* 

Be a pal and get me one of those cool marble-y looking blushes, k? 

Sounds cost-effective!

This picture makes me want to buy four jars of meteorites and separate them into individual colors.  Which is completely insane lol

Lol, I'm actually contemplating getting the new one, then separate both old and new by color and count the number of each balls for old/new.......so I'm kinda with you there, lol.

I'm in...I'll go all ninja/James Bond and sneak in....grab some magic balls and be gone before they know what happened. 

I wouldn't be good at sneaking. Once I arrived at the bins of balls I'd be squealing, throwing them in the air to make it rain, swimming in them....

It's not supposed to really show up on your skin. It's just supposed to help "finish" your look. The shimmer melts into your skin, so you can't really see it. 

Like kb said, you could be using the wrong brush. Also one of each ball isn't a lot of product. A tin has about 50 balls in it give or take (never counted). At first I was using the TF fluffy brush, but it wasn't picking up enough product or distributing it well on my face. I finally broke down & got the gueralin brush & never looked back! I swirl the brush 3-4 times in the tin & then lightly buff it on my face. 

Just got mine. Yeah, the container's not gonna work unless you use a stippling brush or dabbing motion. No swirling. Gonna swatch individual ball color for funsies then just throw them in with the old pearls.

Edit: interesting. the glittery white and the green are the most powdery one while off-white doesn't seem to have changed. The rest does give slightly more color pay off but not ridiculously so. While you should apply the old one with a firm brush, if you apply this one with a fluffier/softer brush and maybe take out a couple of the white, it should be fine.

I had 2 separate orders using this promo. I was a little bummed when I saw it but I will just combine the 2 together. Happy at least I get to try these.

Just received mine in the mail today. I think they only used 1 full-sized container of the Meteorites for the entire promo supply LOL. Still, I'm happy I have them to compare to the old ones.

8 Replies