Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Your Chikuhodo brush set is beautiful @SportyGirly125! Yes, they are on the pricey side, but they are so nice - exquisitely handcrafted and they perform wonderfully!

I have actually been obsessed with the Sephora Pro mini collection.  They are such high quality, take up almost no space, are cruelty free, and so, so versatile.  I use two brushes for my entire routine and have never received so many compliments on my skin! SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Mini Airbrush #55.5SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Mini Flawless Airbrush #56.5

@capulette Are you using those for foundation or blush? Those are the Rouge gift from last year and this year. I have them and totally forgot about them. 😐

@naturalooks15 The 55 is my favorite foundation brush... it buffs everything in with no brush marks, looks airbrushed with a good foundation.

@fieldsofclover Will have to try it out. Is 55.5 that we got as Rouge gift, just smaller size SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Airbrush #55?

@naturalooks15Yes, the Rouge 55.5 is the same brush head as the 55... so many people were annoyed to get another brush, but I like this one better than the one from the year before.

@naturalooks15 I think they're really multipurpose. I keeep it in my to-go makeup bag for blending foundation, and adding blush and highlight .

I use them for powder, contour, bronzer, blush, and eyeshadow (when I want a wash of something all over the lid and even to blend)

I have used them for foundation (+ primer) and they work great- currently I'm on a powder foundation kickWANDER BEAUTY - Wanderlust Powder Foundation - Fair

and I use the sponge it comes with to apply.  

Does anyone have experience with PRO Sculpting Blush Brush SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Sculpting Blush Brush #99and  SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Featherweight Complexion Brush #90?or is it another one of Pro Featherweight brushes?

Which one do you like better to use with Hourglass Ambient Lighting palettes (Unlocked to be precise)?

@naturalooks15 The Pro Sculpting brush is one of my favorite brushes! It is so versatile. I use it for blush, contour and highlighting and I have been using it for my Unlocked palette. It is the perfect size for the pans. 

Thanks @keelybt Do you have any thoughts on Featherweight brushes? I am looking for eyeshadow crease & blending and blush/ bronze brush.

@naturalooks15 I have the Featherweight Crease Brush and it works really well for blending. I have deep set eyes and not a lot a space to work with, so it doesn't work as well for application on me. However, it is the first one I pick up to blend with. I haven't tried the the Complexion or Blending brush, but the Featherweight collection is great for a sheer application of product if that is what you are looking for. 

@keelybt Ordered the pro sculpting SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Sculpting Blush Brush #99Hope I learn to use it as well as you do to get multi use out of it.

@naturalooks15 I hope you love it!

My first Hakuhodo order, why have I never ordered direct from them before?! Meticulously packaged, they even threw in a free brush cloth and lots of instructions on how to use and care for these beauties. The brushes themselves are so beautiful, I almost don't want to use them! Even the "Hakuhodo" and brush number (on the other side of the handle) are stunning, the words are slightly embossed onto the handle and painted/stamped in mother of pearl. 

The travel case is also beautifully constructed and perfect for holding my quick go to brushes on the run.

IMG_20181115_172116.jpgIMG_20181115_172550.jpgIMG_20181116_151229.jpg

@MissPuffI agree, it's beautifully packaged. They really take care of how everything is put together. Love them.

Your new Hakuhodo brushes look beautiful, @MissPuff!  I love the case that they came in.

How exciting to receive such a beautifullly presented package, @MissPuff! I’ve yet to try that brand, but always admire them when I see them here😊 love that carrying case, especially the little flaps that cover that tops of the brushes!

Looking for some advice/input re: natural hair brushes for foundation use. I’m thinking of buying the SURRATT BEAUTY - Perfectionniste Complexion Brush(just noticed it’s now OOS so no hurry I guess!). I’ve read that synthetic brushes are better for applying wet products, but I am quite a novice when it comes to brush expertise so any input would be greatly appreciated.

@eshoe I've seen the Surratt brush in the display but haven't been able to touch it and they've not disclosed what type of hair it is, but...

there's really only one hair type that isn't good for cream or liquid products and that's squirrel hair. A lot of natural hair foundation brushes are made of goat and natural eye brushes made from sable, pony, weasel or kolinsky can all be used with creams.

The Surratt to my eye looked like it could've been made of sable or weasel hair. Since it's paired with their cream concealer palette, I'm sure if will be fine to use with cream products.

ETA: that said, this brush is pretty small so it would probably take a long time to use it for foundation. The brush head is about  the size of a thumbnail.

Thank you for the quick and thorough response, @Mochapj. I read that about squirrel hair, but didn’t think about the other types you mentioned. I wonder if that’s what the concealer brushes are made from (I just assumed they were squirrel too, but they are definitely much lighter in color, and similar to the brush I am interested in). I almost bought it this morning, there were ‘a few left’ when I had it in my basket. Thanks again, I will look into the type of hair it is as I think the size will be ok. 

1,986 Replies
testing