Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

For @blackkitty2014 - Wayne Goss Airbrush vs Chikuhodo Z-4.

Spoiler
IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7538.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

You guys, the Air Brush is the softest brush I own (dare I say softer/as soft as the SUQQU). I did a quick bronze/contour, blush and highlight using the Kevyn Aucoin Neo Bronze palette and a super pigmented blush - it picked up just the right amount of product, and blended everything so well! I finished off with some powder (using Wayne Goss's buffing technique). Can you tell I'm in love? 😄

ETA - it is more tapered, and a lot less denser than the Z4. 

@PavYellow, serious brush envy! I waited too long and the Airbrush is sold out 😞

I hope you're enjoying yours!!

Oh no! It was so popular, I have a feeling they will bring it back and make it permanent soon. They did that with the holiday/00 brush. 

Crossing my fingers for it!

Thanks for the comparisons! I just got my Airbrush, dying to rip open this box!

Sure, hoped you loved it! 🙂

Is it the same size as the SUQQU cheek brush?  Your comment made me excited because WG is much more affordable than SUQQU.

@SilverBeetI can take pics? They're about the same size, but while the Air-Brush is tapered and has a paddle shape, SUQQU is not. The Air-Brush is also denser than SUQQU,  and hence a better multitasking tool 🙂 Let me know if you'd like some comparison shots. 

@PavYellow - no need for photos but thanks for the offer!  My WG brush should be in my hands soon.

It's just that SUQQU face brushes are known for their softness  and to have a $35 brush compare to a $$$ (I don't have a Yen key) is pretty exciting.

Thanks for the pic. It seemed quite small and now I can really tell its size. I am not the biggest fan of that shape of brush. I think it is great he made an all squirrel brush at such a great price though. 

Yea, I've learnt that brushes are definitely not a one size fits all item. Size, density, hair type - it all depends on what your personal preference is. 

My haul frm yesterday: Wayne Goss airbrush, 18, 19 and 15 (fan brush)

image.jpeg

I just got my fan brush and 14 today, so soft! I made a second order yesterday for the new air brush after hearing all the great reviews here. I can't wait to play! I spent the first few minutes after opening the box just brushing my face today lol

🙂 that what I normally did when I received my brushes 😉

@blackkitty2014 those are beautiful.

Yes they are and I have to say he impresses me with these brushes 🙂

Spoiler
Just in case you want to see dupes from other brands 😉
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The airbrush reminds me of Chikuhodo Z4 (Z4 is probably more dense and also more expensive and goat instead of blue squirrel hair). I don't have it with me at the moment so can't take a picture for you I do believe my Hakuhodo and Chikuhodo dupes are a bit cheaper than the Wayne Goss ones. Regardless, I think I will enjoy them

@blackkitty2014, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on how the Hakuhodo fan brush compares to the WG one. I have the Hakuhodo one and it's very thin, which I welcome for more sparkly highlights. But I've wondered about the WG one....

Hi @DiVWA! I only used it one time. I will let you know more after couple uses but I think they are almost exactly the same in term of shape and size. They are so much alike that I have a feeling Hakuhodo might be the manufacturer. Wayne Goss one might be a tiny bit denser but I think it still excellent to use with super pigmented blushes and highlighter. I used it the other day with Becca champagne pop and quite please with it. I will try to take better side by side picture tomorrow. PS Koyudo also has a similar one. I think I will try to order that as well probably around August.

TY blackkitty! It sounds like I'm fine with just the Hakuhodo one. 🙂

Hi @DiVWA, here are some pictures. They are very very similar. Pls note that I haven't washed the WG one and I have the Hakuhodo for almost 3 years. Hope the pictures help you to decide 😉 I do recommend his new air brush. It is sooo soft and the one you can use for contour, blusher and highlighter. I just ordered the 2nd one 🙂

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1,985 Replies
testing