Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

There's a preview even in NYC this Thursday. I RSVPed but I don't know if I will be able to make it.  I'm sure there will be lots of photos from other attendees.  

Hope you will make it @michelleshops. I attended their SF preview last year. It was nice. If you do, pls share pictures 🙂

How exciting, I hope you can make it. Living in fly over country, which I love, limits the amount of release parties to 0. 

Thanks, I'll be on the lookout @michelleshops

Interesting.  I didn't realize they were doing it again

I didn't either but have really enjoyed my brushes from last year. I am very interested and hope it doesn't contain a lip brush. 

I didnt either @Mochapj! I went to look at swatches of the new ByTerry lipsticks and saw it. Last years were beautiful but I passed in an effort to spend less overall. I had no idea it wasnt a one time thing. 

I bought my first high-end brush last week, the MUFE 130 powder brush.  Its so soft, I want MORE!!  I'm considering the below...

Marc Jacobs Bronzer Brush

http://www.sephora.com/the-bronze-bronzer-brush-no-12-P379416?skuId=1505098&icid2=products grid:p379416

Marc Jacobs Foundation III Brush

http://www.sephora.com/the-face-iii-buffing-foundation-brush-P398947?skuId=1711308&icid2=products grid:p398947

The Chanel angled powder brush

Which one should I get next?!?!?  Or do I need them all??

Hi @texasgirl79 I have the MJ Bronzer brush.  It's nice and it's a pretty big brush.  I prefer my MAC 125 for bronzer.

My first Chikuhodo brush, thank u ladies for suggestion, I bought MK-1 brush, without this thread I would never jumped into Chikuhodo craze

IMG_0331.jpg

Did you finally get the smell out of it?

Yes, once I washed it, it is gone 

@Cahlee My saibikoho arrived today, so I've put together my photos of all the new brushes I've gotten lately.

First impressions are it is by far the softest thing I own (by a landslide!)  I wasn't expecting it to be vastly softer than red or white squirrel, but it is.  It feels like teddy bear hair.

For the Canadians wondering about duties, since I got dinged today I decided to chat with my carrier about it since we're friendly.  It really is random.  Every package goes through, but not every one is reviewed (and therefore assessed). My order was charged minimal duties, but significant sales tax.  I've had many brush orders from Japan not assessed, but my last 2 packages were dinged and they were higher $ orders, so perhaps that is why.

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Koyudo xCDJ yagusuki powder, Koyudo saibikoho powder

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Koyudo maple makie set (I confirmed with Toshiya after the fact that the momiji I ordered from him is the same style as this, but with a flat handle)

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Suqqu cheek

Overall I'm happy with them, but of course I'd be happier not having been charged extra tax and duty, lol.

Recent brush acquisitions

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Top L-R: Houkodou Finishing Powder Brush, Koyudo Saibikoho Powder Brush, Koyudo x CDJ Blush Brush, Koyudo Sakura Face Brush, Koyudo Sakura Blush Brush, Houkodou G-F2, Chikuhodo R-C2

Bottom L-R: Kat Von D Foundation Brush, Houkodou G-S1, Houkodou G-S3, Houkodou G-S5, Houkodou W-S1, Houkodou W-S3, Chikuhodo BP035, Koyudo Grey Squirrel Kabuki
Spoiler
The Saibikoho Brush by itself
image.jpeg

Wow, the Houkodou finishing is a beast, even next to the Saibikoho powder.

I'm been debating whether I wanted it vs just sticking with my P8, but now I'm not so sure... 😮

@Mochapj Has your P-8 come in already? I've been trying to patiently wait for it to come back in stock but to no avail. If you're contemplating owning them both definitely do it. The more the merrier 😄 If you only want one, I would probably say stick with the P-8. They're both huge but the handle on the P-8 is gorgeous! 

@Cahlee nope, I'm still waiting. 😞

Every week or so I get an email from Toshiya saying he's still pushing them to get it faster.  I agree; the Houkodou looks gigantic, but the P8 handle does look nicer.  I wish the Houkodou would have a makie handle.  

Last week his email also asked me if I wanted something else instead of the Momiji because the handle would take a long time.  I told him I'd keep waiting for it, LOL, even though it's already been about 6 weeks.

@Cahlee I saw the Saibikoho individual face brush briefly on CDJapan this morning 😮

Did you manage to snag one?

@Mochapj Sorry for replying so late. I don't get notifications of when someone tags me so I just have to watch out. I did manage to get one but I almost missed it. I had decided to "sleep" on my decision and I woke up at 6am to find 2 left in stock. Needless to say I didn't need anymore thinking and I jumped on it. I popped into this thread to unveil it. had to share it with people who would appreciate the beauty! Did you get one? I was shocked to see them sell out as fast as they did. 

I happened to be up around 3am when I first got their email and I debated, but then when I woke up again around 5 I decided to get one.

Mostly because the price was significantly lower than what Toshiya had quoted me for the same brush individually.  I have to imagine they didn't have too many - I feel like when I first went on at 3am it said less than 20.

Mine is still in transit, but I'm hopeful it will be here tomorrow or Thursday 🙂

@Mochapj There were only 5 available in total. The price of the brush was almost half of what I have seen Toshiya post. I was pretty amazed by this and had to double check and see if the brush was the same brush. However, the dimensions seemed to be right and everything checked out. It was too good of a deal too pass up, but still I did not think they would be gone in about 6 hours. Share pictures when it arrives. It's really a beauty and it is so soft. I compared it to the Yakasugi Saibikoho blush brush and the Echizen Saibikoho powder brush is a bit softer. I'm so happy that by some miracle I woke up before it sold out. I normally sleep in if I'm not working. 

1,986 Replies
testing