Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Do you like any of the other Smith brushes @lachaton?  I've been eyeing them but haven't pulled the trigger.  

@michelleshops I have the small laydown brush and really like it (the shape is so neat) but it's very small and I wish I had bought the larger one. 

I have the blush/powder brush which is okay, but nothing spectacular. I specifically bought it for cream products, since I don't have one, and it does work well!

Thank you so much @lachaton I really appreciate it.  I'm going to pass on the blush one but go for the laydowns.  They're the most exciting ones!

The new 2016 chikuhodo/beautylish sakura brushes???? @lipstick4soul @blackkitty2014 @Mochapj @lysbainch @michelleshops @NinaR78

Sorry ladies! I took the picture down.  I think they might have been from a previous releases 😞

When I initially checked I didn't get the right pic/info for the previous releases but looking more and more it seems the pic I posted was for a 2015 release?  I think.  Again sorry 😞

I signed up for the email notification from beautylish, but you're our real alert of awesome products Veronika! Thanks for all your hard work!

Quick/stupid question - how do chikuhodo brushes compare to Wayne Goss?

I own a lot of chikuhodo brushes, some kihitsu, Koyudo, Houkodou and hakuhodo. 

I've never been very impressed with WG, so I think it's just a personal taste thing.

That said, I don't think the Beautylish collab brushes are nearly as good quality as the Chikuhodo Z, Takumi or makie lines. The handles are pretty, but the brush heads don't seem to be as high quality (which could account for lachaton's shedding)

@niki172, they are just as good if not more (depend on your personal references of course). I think the collaboration set is just a tease since Chikuhodo has different lines. I have some WG, some Chikuhodo, some Hakuhodo and some Koyudo and I like them all.  I got last year set and I like it but none of the brush is my HG. 😉 I might/might not get this year set. I have to see what kind of brush they offer this year 😉

thanks @niki172 🙂  There are no stupid questions 🙂 I personally can't  answer you because I don't own any chikuhodo brushes... I wanted a set from years ago and wish I had purchased them. 😞 

ps: don't worry I have the goss holiday brush in the back of my mind 😉

@niki172 @veronika23 I have some of the WG brushes and the Chikuhodo Noel Collection in Rose. I love how the Chikuhodo brushes pick up powder and apply (they blend so well) but I have to say that mine just haven't stopped shedding. 

Thanks @lachaton - that's disheartening that they're shedding.

thanks so much for the info @lachaton. I'd have to be wowed by a set to get them...  I really wish I had picked up the Neige 2014 holiday set.

I was lucky enough to get this set but I really wanted the Noel (brown) set instead and was unable to get those. I haven't even the taken the Neige set out of the box. 

@veronika23 The Neige 2014 set is beautiful. That's the one I regret missing out on, too!

@niki172 They're very nice brushes, and shedding doesn't bother me as much as it does others. But it is odd - I've had them for about 9 months now, washed them numerous times and regularly use them. 

@veronika23 - oh I'm not worried about the Goss set at all 🙂 thanks though for remembering.

I do know that I can probably only have one of the other cause hubs will freak out if I get 2 sets he just doesn't understand 😄

As I've never owned any chikuhodo brushes I don't know the comparison which will help me make a decision about which holiday set to get.

@niki172 I am sure someone here (actually multiple someones) can answer your question 🙂

Didn't Goss come out with just one brush though for the holidays?  So you could always get a set and 1 brush hahahaha 😄  I'm so bad. lol

He did last year, but I know he also comes out with sets. If it's just 1 brush I'm good to go!!

@veronika23Hey no need to be sorry 😉 I'm excited too. Love you and all your works on this board Heart

Thanks V, I think I might want to get this 🙂

I appreciate the effort V!  

Thanks ladies. Hopefully something will pop up very soon!

These look nice! Do I need them? No.  Do I want? Yes.  I may grab them depending on how I feel about the close up photos.  Plus the description says 6 brushes but I only see 5?

1,985 Replies
testing