Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@Mochapj - Are you getting one? I am so tempted by the blue one, but I like the violet one but I wonder the hair will be bit rough? Any idea?

@dioradict I preordered the Violet set since I had enough points at CDJ that expire next month to basically get it for 1/2 price.

I have the hairs on each listed under the spoiler above. I didn't want the blue set because only grey squirrel and Canadian squirrel will be guaranteed to be soft. Weasel, water badger and sokoho are all a bit firmer and can be scratchy. Plus lip and brow brushes are always a waste for me.

i have one of the 2014 Noel sets and its soft but not Suqqu soft.

@Mochapj I did a pre-order too from them for the Violet set.Thank you for the info on Azure set i can save the $$ for next sets 🙂

How do you like the quality of these Xmas brush set @Mochapj? I think I want the Azulejo set if I can afford it 😉

@blackkitty2014 I only have one holiday set from Chikuhodo, the Etoile set from 2014 and I do like the quality.  They aren't as nice as the Maki-e brushes in terms of softness, but they are well made, beautiful brushes.  I do think the blue set has a very interesting mix of hair used.

The Azur set is 32500yen and the Violet is 15500yen.  Not really sure what that will translate to with a US supplier, though.  

Thx so much @Mochapj

@blackkitty2014 Cd japan has it for pre order as mocha posted above. I think that could be cheaper.The Violet set was about 188 CAD ~ 150ish usd I guess. Azure was about 311 usd.

That purple handle 😉

@Mochapj Any idea when will these release?

@dioradict not sure.  

In past years Beautylish had them in November but I'm not sure if they will get them this year - I can't remember if they carried last year's Noel brushes since they started doing their own collab with Chikuhodo...

Thanks Mocha. I was going to ask Toshiya-san now to see if I can get it. I wanted a chikuhodo set forever now.

@Mochapj @dioradict Last year was Lumiere and Rose, right? I picked up the Rose one last year from Beautylish 🙂 

That will be awesome 🙂

@lachaton yup, that was last year's! I guess we have an answer 🙂

Stores to look out for in Japan to buy quality brushes or even makeup in general?

@Sonny4President I've heard good things about Isetan.

Has anyone bought this LE brush from Ulta? It's heart shaped for Breast Cancer Awareness, and pink! ❤️ I think I may have seen it last year too, do they change it every year? 

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 8.41.36 PM.png

I bought this brush last year. It is so cute not to have & supports a great cause. I have had no problems with shedding, I really love IT Brushes. My MIL gifted me a set last Christmas and I love using those too. They're the ones with the matte black handles.

I've been using this brush for about two weeks and haven't had any issues with shedding. The bristles are dense and soft; a nice brush, but there are better. It's good enough to keep and the heart shape makes it just a little more special. My favorite foundation brush is UD's.

Thanks for your feedback! 🙂 I think I will go ahead and order it!@gingaaa 

I hope you like it! The heart shape really won me over 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@nikki25gee  It is the same brush from last October (and this past February).  I bought it and returned it because of serious shedding but there are other BIs who had no problems at all and really like it.

I will say that it is very pretty.

1,985 Replies
testing