Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Back in stock! Wayne Goss Air Brush.

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 1.20.52 PM.png

What is the best way to clean Wayne Goss brushes? I remember getting a little card from Beautylish with special instructions...but I lost that.

@Samtian - Beautylish sells a brush cleanser called Clean Apothecary. It's $15 and it lasts a good while and is safe to use on all types of brushes (animal hair and synthetic). Keeps my blue squirrel brushes soft and is easy to use! I really like their tree brush holders (I think it's called Daisy or something) and the brush guards as well. There are other options to use that I've seen to clean brushes (an African bar soap, a recipe that involves olive oil, etc), but the Clean Apothecary is the easiest that I've found and it smells lovely!

I am not sure what the best way is @Samtian, but I use all mine for powder products and wipe them after every use on a microfiber cloth and wash the ones I use every day about once a month in a mild brush soap. I think mine is london brush company right now.

i am lot more rough with my synthetic brushes I use for liquids- I use a brush cleaning spray after every use and use a harsher cleanser like BB solid every week or two. 

I used to wash my WG more often but I think it is better for them to wipe them gently often and wash less frequently. 

Returning Tuesday, November 15th

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 5.26.56 PM.png

try adding this: /shop/wayne-goss-air-brush-return  after beautylish.com to get early access.

the brush looks so nice, anyone have it?

I have this brush and I'm ordering another one.  It is soft and I like it for applying blush.  I think it's a great price for a  natural hair Japanese made brush.

I  recommend that you watch Wayne's video where he talks about naming the brush.  I think he calls it Name and Win. 

All the brushes I want are out of stock already( fupa 14 and Bp016) 😔😥

Sorry you missed it. Not sure what happened this year but seems liked everything is sold out within 2 days. I have the giant mushroom in cart and then had to do some stuffs, came back and it is OOS

I am hoping they will replenish the oos brushes. There is no option to sign up for an alert so we just have to keep checking the site periodically.

Fu-pa 14 (black) is avail for back order. I did that couple yrs back. It took about couple weeks but you still get the discount @mybuttercup

@blackkitty2014 I wanted to get the fu-pa14 too. But it looks like the black handle one is full price now though 😞

I looked on their ig and they commented that the white handle Ena one will be restocked and that will be the only one on Sale. I have emailed them waiting for a response now.

Please let us know what they say. I could not order the EDNA one either. It does not let you add it to the cart.  Also the black one is full price so I am  not buying that one.

Last year around this time both the white and black handle ones were on sale.

Oh you're right @dioradict. I missed that! I got the Edna because I already had the black handle. That's kinda suck though. I hope they will restock the mushroom black handle. I don't feel liked paying extra for the pink one.

Prepare your shopping lists! CdJapan will be having their 20% off on Koyudo brushes beginning November 11. Koyudo sells brushes for all kinds of budgets and all the brushes I have used are of amazing quality. Make sure to stock up 🙂 

IMG_7744.PNG

@Cahlee Did I misunderstand it?

i went to CDJ website last night and they only had 2 pages of select Koyudo listed in the 'going to be on sale' link.

is it all koyudo?

@Cahlee@Mochapj, The page is loaded for me. It looks liked only Koyudo. Certain brushes are 20% off, 2 are 30% off, 1 red squirrel brush set at 40% off and  the same set (but outlet) is 50% off. If all stars are aligned, I'd to get the set. But oy only 1 set. It only happens in my dream 😉

@blackkitty2014 I think you'll be able to get the brush set you want. The sale starts at 11:59 A.M. UTC so I advise checking what time that is for you and stalk the website. Best of luck! 

Last year it was all Koyudo, but I'm honestly not sure about this year since it does not say all Koyudo on the picture posted to instagram. I tried checking the sale page but it won't load for me, and I can't find it on the website 😞 . I'm thinking at the very least they might be in the process of adding more since the series listed have at least 4 pages on their own. However, it is very possible they're downsizing the sale and that would be unfortunate. Now I am feeling anxious/excited for the day of the sale to be here.

Here's the link I received via email

Spoiler

@Mochapj Sorry for going MIA. I saw the results of "something" major in the US, felt really down and returned to sleep. Thank you for the link. I had not realized they already sent out emails. I just checked the link and that is such a downer. Most of the BP series is not even on there. It's kind of a relief since that leaves me only a few brushes I want to buy, but all the same, I was hoping a few other sets or individual brushes would be included. I'll keep my fingers crossed but I won't hold my breath

1,985 Replies
testing