Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@melde I cashed in my points and preordered them at CDJapan about a month ago.

Last I heard I thought both sets have sold out, but maybe Beautylish still has them?

I kept waiting for beautylish to get them and they never did this year, so I think I may have missed out 😞 just wondering if you had another source. they're not available at visage or cdjapan any longer like you mentioned. I know fudejapan may be an option but the one time a friend and I ordered through him it took a very long time and he didn't always reply to her messages. 😞

@melde I would try checking with FudeJapan if I were you.

I haven't asked him about these specifically, but I shop with him all the time (every 1-2 months) and have never had a problem.

I think the fastest way to get a response from him is to DM on IG.

oh good to know @Mochapj thank you! I will try that next time. the good news for me is that they just went up on beautylish! the bad news is that I am not with my $20 gift cards, so I need to get home!!

also random, but can you tell if the mid size brush, the goat hair one, is dyed??

Oh good!  I hope you get them 🙂

I haven't looked at them super closely yet (every time I remember it's already dark, LOL) but I don't believe it is dyed - there are striations in color to the hair on both it and the powder brush.

I'll take a closer look in the morning and confirm.

Limited Restock NOW at Beautylish

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 5.02.06 PM.png

Ugh, I got notification for this too. Now 2nd time around, I think I want to collect it but I can't spend any $$$ right now. First world problem 😉

Can anyone think of a dupe(s) for this brush? International shipping sucks! It's basically the same price as the brush itself lol

brush

@Sonny4PresidentDid u check cult beauty ?  they recently started  carrying Zoeva brushes.

Oh wow, this site is awesome! Thanks for the heads up 

Hmmm. Maybe the Sephora pro featheweight brush #90? I've no idea of the dimensions or shape of your brush above though. @Sonny4President

http://www.sephora.com/pro-featherweight-complexion-brush-90-P405519?skuId=1775139&icid2=products%20...

A little bit too fluffy for my taste, I think this brush would buff out foundation too much / waste too much product... I found the Elf Selfie Ready brush was alright, but it's still a little too big for my taste still. Anymore suggestion would be lovely! Thanks for you reply DeVWa ❤️ 

If you're looking for a dense foundation brush, I have this Cover FX brush and I love it!  Really nice densely packed so it doesn't soak up product at all.  Available at Sephora.

Cover FX brush.jpg

@Sonny4President, That's good to know!  Thanks!

@Sonny4President sometimes selfridges does free shipping around the holidays and they carry zoeva 🙂

Oh do they really? 😮 I would so buy some stuff if they had free international shipping

This seemed like a good place to ask... How does everyone feel about the Cinema Secrets liquid brush cleaner for your brush-babies?

I just tried it, worked like a dream! But dreams can turn into nightmares and something this easy to use must be bad for them...?

@Insomniacmuffin I really like this brush cleaner. The smell is uber strong, but I've gotten used to it after...oh, I don't know--3 or 4 of the 32 oz bottles.

For some reason I can't seem to find a good spray bottle that doesn't break down after a period of time of housing this stuff, I started using the travel spray size but the nozzle eventually cr@pped out on me and was spewing liquid everywhere. I have yet to find another bottle that can spray this stuff properly. I'm thinking I'll try an empty ex-hairspray bottle next.

What I do is a douse a tissue with the liquid, and wipe my brushes with it. I have not tried dipping my brushes in a pool of the stuff as I wouldn't want the liquid to be pulled up by the bristle into the ferrule. I do this after every use of every brush, and it extends the time in between full-on cleaning/shampoos (which I hate doing)

I prefer to use it via spray - since it's a more drying brush cleanser compared to competitors like Parian Spirit, dipping brushes in constantly will definitely dry out natural haired bristles.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good smudge brush.

Something not too flat but like Charlotte Tilbury's smudge brush (which I think is domed?)

I current use the Chikuhodo Z-10 for smudging, and it's great but sometimes I pack to pack on more color on my lower lash line!

Tom Ford Pencil Brush, MAC 219 (Really dense if you are intot that type of bristle), if you can find a Suqqu S it's perfect. Suqqu M if you want a more smokey look, Etude House 311 Blending Brush

1,985 Replies
testing