Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Oh my goodness that is so adorable! Thanks for the tag, @eshoe and @itsfi! Now to figure out to work that into the budget, haha. 

You and me both, @quspork 😊

Wayne Gross holiday brush will be restock tomorrow, Feb 26 at 10am PST at Beautylish!!!

@blackkitty2014, Thanks for posting, I just purchased one.

@blackkitty2014, Thanks for posting, I just purchased one.

It's liiiiiiive and I snagged one!  At least I hope I did.  I'm way too excited!

Edited to add: As of this time, still up!

@danielledanielle, Thanks for posting. When I checked ear...

@danielledanielle, Thanks for posting. When I checked earlier it had already said sold out. I just placed an order 🙂

@blackkitty2014and @Mrose251 It's definitely worth getting! I love how well it fits my face no matter what type of application I'm doing. I hope he makes it a permanent brush.

Wayne also announced today that his cosmetics line is coming soon and to watch for an announcement on his YT channel, so I've created a dedicated "Wayne Goss Thread" to discuss his cosmetics line and makeup brushes. Exciting!! 

So happy Beautylish is finally restocking this. I missed out getting one during the initial launch but hopefully I can manage to grab one while I’m at work before they sell out again *crosses fingers*

Me and you both @Mrose251 

I was able to get one as soon as they restocked and I love it. 

Anonymous Insider

Love for Brushes

I have a complete obsession for makeup brushes especially after I turn them into one of a kind over the top gorgeousness. 

Gorgeous brush collection @Anonymous!❤️

Anonymous Insider

Thank you, babe

Thank you, babe

@urfavoritspy - those are stunning 😍😍😍

@Anonymous - those are stunning 😍😍😍
Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much. I love to do custom strassing. I stras...

Thank you so much. I love to do custom strassing. I strass everything from shoes to bags and cups to cars cuz everything's better with BLING!!!!

RE: Love for Brushes

Very pretty!
Anonymous Insider

Thank you, I love doing custom strassing. Bling makes eve...

Thank you, I love doing custom strassing. Bling makes everything better.

I love brushes!  My favorites are theSEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Packing Shadow Brush #13, the SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Angled Blush Brush #49,

and the Sephora Smudge Brush.  I've also been playing with the SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Featherweight Blending Brush #93for highlighter with great results.

brushes.jpg

@flamingolegs What an amazing collection!

Best,

Rebecca

For reasons I don't entirely understand, I find myself overwhelmed by choosing eyeshadow brushes! Maybe it's because I have hooded eyes and limited lid space, or it seemed like an easy place to slash my budget...who knows. I do know that my current selections - Real Techniques and ecoTools - aren't cutting it, and I think I'd see better results with higher quality tools. Can anyone recommend a mid-range brush line? A set might be easier, but I'm not opposed to individuals. I'm not prepared to drop coin on a Wayne Goss or Sonia G set just yet; I've heard of Zoeva, Bdellium, Sigma, etc. but know nothing about them. Many thanks!

@tastelikewater  I thought of you today because I tried my hand at a Sephora tutorial with Myeisha.  I have a whole bunch of brushes, but I wanted to see what I could really put to use.

I think for mid-range, Sephora and Sigma do a pretty good job with brushes.  Also, it was a good tutorial to follow, albeit a bit lengthy, but she reviewed pretty much everything that concerns eyeshadow application, so even though I don't consider myself a beginner, the pointers about the technique I found super helpful.  You could also try to match brushes you may currently have and see what works.

She had three Sephora brushes she highlighted at the beginning of the tutorial.  I followed along and pulled out like 5-6 brushes at the beginning as opposed to her three (haha), but really I was able to follow her using just three particular ones, a clean brush for blender and a color switcher.  In the description, there's a bunch of brushes, but for most of the tutorial, she seemed to use the tapered crease (19), the blending (27) and the eyeshadow brush (14).  For use of black, she used the shader (18).

I used:

Sigma's e48 pointed crease

Sephora Pro Tapered Crease 19

Sephora Pro Drawing Brush 40

Sephora Pro Drawing Brush 42 (blending/dusting off excess)

-Sigma's pointed crease brush (e48).  I really like this brush for outer V work.  It has a pointed tip that fits perfectly into my orbital bone, but I also use it sideways to blend a bit and draw out the V.  I have a few Sigma brushes, but as far as eye brushes I use that one and the e25 blending the most.  The price point is similar to Sephora's, but Sigma has frequent sales.  The major downside to me is that you can't really tell which brush is best by looking, so I usually spend a lot of time reading the Q&As under each product.

-Sephora Pro Tapered Crease brush #19.  Mine has started to get a little pokey though, so I wash it now with conditioner.  Otherwise, I think it's a great brush for crease work and for blending.

-The Sephora drawing brushes are becoming a new faves of mine. I like 40 for laying down a dark color.  Its precision is great.  I have another sigma brush I used for this, but because the tip of the Sephora brush is so skinny, I find it easier to put down color.  The bigger one (42), I sometimes take with me for touch ups because it also has an interesting point to it.  I can use it similarly to Sigma e48, but more or less all over my lid.   However, this time I just used it to blend and flick off fall out.

Tutorial

Also, I really went on and on....so sorry, but I feel like you do a nice job at application already, just I think I felt the same way you do about eyeshadow brushes at times (small lid, feeling overwhelmed).

1,985 Replies
testing