Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: @drrragon, I'd be interested in two brushes but, having p...

@TraceyEB haha i'm also waiting for some kind of beautylish sale to pop up so i can pick up an extra eye brush or two!  I never really tried super luxe eye brushes before and these made such a huge difference.  I mean, I actually *like* blending now!  I love the Builder 3, it's similar to mac 217 or hakuhodo J5523, but firmer, denser, and WAY softer Heart

RE: Love for Brushes

Another pic of the new Sonia g brushes.

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@KNC24 oh wow these look amazing.  I'm curious how she'll describe the function of each individual brush.  from reading her blog post, it seems like maybe they're designed to be more forgiving than her Pro line....i imagine a scenario where you have a giant hangover from partying too much the night before but have to get ready for an early morning meeting....more diffuse brushes would probably be a good idea then! 😄

New sonia g set coming

Re: Love for Brushes

Full set $1553600C93C-CEFB-4960-9528-58469D163076.png

beautylish is already texting people who signed up for preorder 

powder: goat + squirrel 

cheek: horse + squirrel

eye: Fitch + squirrel

I now know what fitch fur is.  Makeup is educational!  Thanks for the info @Mochapj 

The cheek brush

I really like this cherry blossom design! 

@Mochapj, heard that the set will be $155.

@Mochapj, heard that the set will be $155.

Re: @Mochapj, heard that the set will be $155.

@TraceyEB It is. They texted me yesterday to ask if I wanted one.

all brushes are a mix of hairs

Powder: squirrel goat

Cheek: squirrel horse

eye: squirrel fitch

The first brush from the chiku x beautylish set - travel powder makie

Beauty blender has a brush set. Available now.

I’m curious about this new Beautylish collab. The brushes look retractable

@KNC24 They are. I have a few retractable Chikuhodo brushes from their Makie line that look really similar to these. The beautylish design only looks slightly different in that it has a red moon under those branches.

based on the shapes they currently offer I’m guessing one is eyeshadow, one is blush and one is small powder

@Mochapj do you like the Chikuhodo retractable brushes?  I havent got any due to mixed reviews.  Beautylish has me all pumped up by carrying Koyudo.  Cant wait to see what kind of lines will they carry in the future (not that i can afford all the lines ;))

@blackkitty2014 of the makie ones I have, not really. The hair isn’t as soft as I’d like it to be but the designs are really beautiful. I also have a few of their retractables in the plain silver packaging and I find those are great for cream shadow when traveling - I think those are kolinsky or sable hair, though.

new Beautylish Chikuhodo collab

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 2.15.31 PM.png

I got my order confirmation for brush customization order from rephr. I can’t wait. This time I’m going to participate in the protocol program. Debating on going to sephoria this year. If I go I’m going to go to the hakuhudo store.

Ladies @MissPuff just discovers that Beautylish is now carrying Koyudo. For anyone who doesn’t know Koyudo has similar quality as Hakuhodo and Chikuhodo. The brand has various range from affordable to luxury. My humble collection from the brand 😂335FA939-3CE6-4D3B-A46E-04AD3950B0F6.jpeg

Edit:  Dont look liked Beautylish has everything but it's a good start.  I'm excited. I will sign up for the Cat Paw brush. 😉

I also have my eyes on the cat paw brush. I think it'll fall into the category of "bought for looking at only" in my collection though. It's too cute!

@blackkitty2014 wow....love your collection!  they are so pretty I don't know if I could use them.

1,985 Replies
testing