Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: RE: Re: Love for Brushes

@KNC24  Me too. I don’t like retractable brushes in general (they never feel sturdy enough, and sometimes they collapse during use, plus I hate cleaning them vs. traditional brushes), so I don’t own any of Chikuhodo’s retractables. I assume/hope this year’s brush will be a traditional powder brush. 🙂 

Re: Love for Brushes

@Mochapj  - I put myself down on the wait list.  I know Chikuhodo brushes are a bit pricey - do we have any idea what this lunar brush will run?  I love the handle.... So unique.

@MCSSavvy I think last year’s pig brush ran around $165 (In CDN) but it will depend what type of hair they’ve used. If it’s full squirrel it will be pricier and if it’s goat or goat blend it will be more affordable 

Looks beautiful,  @Mochapj!

@SportyGirly125@blackkitty2014@MissPuff, looky! A new brush for LNY.

@itsfi Thank you for the tag. Can’t wait 

Thx you @itsfi . Signed up 😍

@itsfi  Thanks for tag, running off to sign up nooooooow!

Rofl at my Sephora having a giant Mario cut out. I was in for something else and went to feel the brushes because why not (they are really soft) - I kept thinking someone else was standing to the side waiting for access and then looking up and realizing it was the cut out 6FF0EDF4-7301-448D-9C36-C02C1FAFE72F.jpeg

OMG!  I thought there was some creepy man just standing in the window near the formerly used beauty studio.  I think I walked by that cut-out a half a dozen times in the store before I realized it was a cut-out and it still creeped me out.  I had no interest in the brushes at that point!  LOL.  Besides, I'm still waiting on Sonia G's Sky set to return.  Fingers crossed on that one.

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

OMG! Haha.

@Kim888  Ahhhh, mine too! It totally freaked me out, I kept turning around to say "excuse me" and then realizing it was just a cutout! Terrifying 🙂 

@Kim888  🤣 My local Sephora also has that cutout. I suppose it’s an Instagram photo op (pose with Mario)? It kinda freaked me out a bit! 

For those that own Sonia G brushes, what are your favorite eye brushes from her line? I would love to try some. I have mostly Hakuhodo and Wayne Goss.

@mybuttercup  Of my 7 Sonia G brushes, these are my favorites: 

I like them all, but I have 3 favorites.I like them all, but I have 3 favorites.

Worker One - This was my first Sonia G brush. Mine is quite thick and packs color well. But for me, it’s even better at single-swipe blending. I can lay down one color, then swipe a second color over it as an interlapping layer, and it blends the 2 shades beautifully. It’s great for creating new colors by layering shades atop one another. 

Blender Pro - My new favorite blender. I now reach for it more often than my other blenders (Chikuhodo, MAC, Wayne Goss, Luxie, and Sigma). It’s the perfect shape, size, softness, and density for me. I might buy a second one later this year. 

Crease One - This is a pencil brush + crease blender + shader. I love this for packing color on my outer corner. It’s also good at blending out shades in my tight inner corner space. I can smoke out the bottom lash line with this brush, and use it for tear duct accent. 

To be fair, I haven’t yet used the Worker Pro enough to form a full opinion of it. The smaller narrower size seems well suited to my hooded eyes, but it doesn’t do that single-swipe blending nearly as well as the larger Worker One. 

@WinglessOne These brushes look great.  Thank you for the highlights.  I had b been contemplating nicer eye brushes after purchasing your recommendation for the Z-!

Thank you very much for the recommendations. The brushes look beautiful.

I love her builder one brush! Keep in mind I only have 2 (this and Worker One) but I also have the Hakuhodo & WG eye sets and picked those two because I felt none of my existing eye brushes did the same thing. Builder one is great to use with shimmers/metallics and packs it on as well as a finger. Worker One I honestly haven't used much - it's supposed to apply more sheer, but i find my brush to be quite inflexible and thin. It shows it's thicker in the pictures so I think it just needs a few washes to fluff up. 

Thank you so much. I am debating which of the 3 workers to get.

RE: Love for Brushes

Update on Michele Wang’s brushes. Restock coming spring of 2020

RE: Love for Brushes

Chikahudo holiday sets

1,985 Replies
testing