Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Let us know what you think @ZombieMetroAnt

Let us know how you make out! 🙂

Beautylish will be restocking the Wayne Goss Face set tomorrow, 6/6 at 1pm EDT 

18812480_234827677004310_6842950622807851008_n.jpg

AND they will also be selling the brushes separately, outside of the full set. I'll be picking up backups of 14 and 15 for sure, possibly picking up an 11...good bye money!

Thx you @MissPuff. Most likely I will pick this up. I like the whole set and pretty sure I will use each one. I have some in the previous set and thinking about picking additional ones. 😉 (so I have something to use when washing brushes come around)

Thank you @MissPuff!  I've been wanting to try some of these brushes, but I didn't want to get a whole set.  This sounds like the perfect time to pick up one or two!  

I splurged on the Wayne Goss set (a lot of money for me) and I have no regrets. The #11 brush is my favorite, I'm definitely getting a backup of this one. My boyfriend got me the Eye set for my birthday too! 

Has anyone ever used Dove Bar Soap to clean their makeup brushes, more specifically natural hair brushes? I'm currently using solid brush cleaners from Clean Apothecary, Beautyblender, and Sephora Collection but my curiosity has been piqued by posts on fude reddit threads. I've yet to try using Dove soap though.

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

I use Dr Bronners Lavender bar soap. It's the closest dupe for the beauty blender solid! It's amazing.

I use Dove sensitive bar soap for my makeup brushes and beauty blenders. I'm pretty sure that my brushes are all synthetic though. 

Personally I wouldn't use any bar soap on my natural hair brushes because I find they leave a residue (and dry out my skin, so I would infer they do the same to the brushes). My tried-and-true method is liquid baby shampoo!

Hi @jisub89 ive never used dove bar sop but I do use the shea moisture African black soap bar. I buy it st walmart and use it on both natural and synthetic brushes, as well as my beauty blenders. I want to say it's 3-4 $ a bar and it's quite a large bar. It doesn't stain anything including white hairs.  I would absolutely recommend trying this bar if your looking for something new!

I've also used it and it's great. It works really well on getting hard to remove makeup out of the beautyblender as well.

I second @missjeanie suggestion.  I use the African Black Soap as well and it works great.  You can also get it at Ulta and use a coupon.

Thanks, @missjeanie and @AMK721. Looking into the soap right now. 🙂

@jisub89 You'll have to let us know what you think if you give it a try! 

You're welcome @jisub89 if your brushes are natural, you'll want to use a conditioner to keep them soft.  There is a brush conditioner in the Sephora sales section for only $5

Has anyone seen these orchid color Hakuhodo brushes they posted on their Instagram? 

Orchid brushes.jpg

Those are Beautiful! Most of my brushes are Hakuhodo. Love them!

I'm itching to buy some new eyeshadow brushes.  I'd like to get a nice large brush for all over eye.  Anybody have a recommendation?  

Hakuhodo B532 is my every day go to (blue squirrel). Also available in goat hair as J532.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 2.11.18 PM.png

1,986 Replies
testing