Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Agree! I hoard bunch of Koyudo kabuki not to use but because they're cute. Some of Hakuhodo brushes are my work horses! I hope you will enjoy them. It is really hard for me to pick my favorite out of these 3 brands 😉

Wayne Goss fan brush is back in stock and early access for the new air brush which will be available at 9am pdt for all.

I just ordered the fan brush and 14! I love the eye brushes I bought before, they're so soft. I'm looking at getting some NARS blushes soon, hopefully the fan brush will be perfect for those 🙂

I just broke down and bought the new Wayne Goss  - my first brush from him - I'm having a cruddy day at work and thought why not??

I wonder if I just fell down the rabbit hole reading everyone's comments here about his brushes oy vey...

Welcome to the rabbit hole. 🙂 It's nice and warm here, and most importantly, your makeup will look amazing with all your new brushes. 😉 

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies to what appears to possibility be my next obsession 😄

Definitely yes @niki172 U wont stop, I started with 2 brushes- 2 and 15, now I have almost all of them

I just ordered the air brush, the fan brush, 18 and 19. Hope I like them. Kinda nervous ... my first Wayne Gross 😉 

Are they @blackkitty2014? I love mine. I love the fan; I use it all the time for really pigmented blushes. I think you'll be pleased. 

I ordered the new blush earlier; let's call it peer pressure. LOL. I watched a video on YouTube about it. It's an interesting brush. I'm not sure yet what I'll use it for, but it's a WG brush and I'll love it. 

He can sell! I want to try out his airbrush technique. It will be interesting for sure. I normally prefer goat hair than squirrel hair but we'll see 😉

18 and 19 are beautiful eye brushes, I love them, my eyes love them actually. I'm sure u wont stop with them @blackkitty2014

I just bought new brush, 13 and 14. Now I'm waiting 11 to come back in stock, I need 12 brush, thats it my collection will be complete. Anyone have 11, 12 brush? do u guys love it?

Thank you! I think the Hakuhodo may be more affordable...

The TF brushes have amazing reviews but appear to be more expensive than the hakuhodo brushes from the USA site. Hakuhodo has squirrel hair - the TF seems to have goat. 

Anyone have some that they can compare?

Hakuhudo has goat brushes too. I've seen Horse, Squirrel and goat. Most of my Hakuhudo brushes are goat. I would say that the brush itself is VERY similiar to Tom Ford - as they are made by Hakuhudo. The biggest difference I have found is the weight of the handle. As @Sonny4President shows below, they are really similiar. Check the J series from Hakuhudo; they seem to be the most similiar. 

tf.jpg

I've had these TF and Hakuhodo brushes for about two years now, The Sephora Collab is about one years old. 

I'm looking for a good brush for applying powder on top of the concealer under my eye. Must be soft and not disturb the concealer or the lower lashes. I was using Real Techniques setting brush (like the flatter/smaller shape) but it's a bit too scratchy for me. My IT for Ulta concealer brush 112 is applying the powder too thickly, likely because the bristles are too dense and the head is too round.

I think a flatter one (but not too flat) with perhaps a pointed tip would be nice. Perhaps it could even be a brush used for eyeshadows.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

For spot powdering I just use a fluffy brush

Stilla All Over Blending Brush

Tom Ford Eyeshadow Blend Brush (#13)

I know some Makeup Artists that just use the MAC 217 too

tfstilla

TY @Sonny4President. That Stila actually looks more interesting than the TF. It's weird it's not sold at Ulta or Sephora or Nordstrom's though...

I love my Wayne Goss #14 for any kind of setting/finishing powders. It is airy, but has the right kind of density and shape for any part of the face. Unfortunately, it has been out of stock for a while now 😞

His #3 eye brush, is fluffy but a bit dense. 

Before I found #14, I was using the Real Techniques setting brush and that one seems to match your description - flatter, not too flat, and a pointed tip.

ETA - i have the Chikuhodu RC 2 on my wishlist, I wonder if that would work as a setting brush as well. I suspect it would be a bit too dense.

1,985 Replies
testing