Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@luvgloss13: where may I find additional info about the upcoming brush set? Thanks!

Speaking of Selfridges, their online store recently instituted something called global+ shipping (at least to Canada) 

you pay one flat fee and the shipping is included for a year. I can't quote what the cost is for US, but Canada was $55 and I've already used it 3 times which has more than covered the cost of the subscription.

Thanks for this info. Do you know if it could be cheaper (in a somewhat significant way) if the Suqqu brushes are purchased in Japan?

@CosmicBeauty247 I have a guy in Japan I use to buy brushes and Japanese cosmetics semi-regularly and the prices he's quoted me for Suqqu brushes has always been more expensive there than what they are sold for in the UK.  

I'm really not sure why that is.

Ah, this clarify's it even more... that is really strange isn't it... if you figure out the reason why please let us all know! 

Interesting that this is the case. As such, I will purchase from Selfridges online should I want any Suqqu brushes, and will be sure to ask you and luvgloss13 for recommendations.

@Sonny4President I bought mine at selfridges. Not really sure why the price discrepancy, other than the exchange rate with U.K. being down.

iirc I paid ~80£ for it at the counter 

Thanks luv

Just FYI for those wanting the WG Beautylish set it's set to launch latter this week. So keep your eyes open 😮

Got the email today...

Screenshot_2016-09-28-19-17-00.png

Yep, looks like the WG Collection is up now 🙂 

Now available!

a63c4ecf-059a-49fa-87bb-a30be637c9c3.jpg1ddbf4eb-8546-4160-a140-42a886bd9878.jpg

https://www.spectrumcollections DOT com/collections/brush-sets/products/the-bomb-shell?mc_cid=f80bb023bd&mc_eid=568587a30c

Does anyone have the Alexis Bittar big fluffy brush that is on sale currently? Thoughts? Do you love it? Do I need it? 

I got these from CD Japan.

fu-pa 14 Grey Squirrel powder brush  - It is so soft to touch.

The brush comb is something I don't have and I thought its a good idea to invest on one of these now.

Can I wash the fu-pa14 before my first use or is it safe to use without a wash?I always washed my goat hair ones, so i am not quite sure if I can wash this one too. I am afraid I might end up damaging this baby 😞

20160920_192025.jpg

Does anybody have any experience with By Terry goat hair brushes? I've done several online searches and was unable to see what grade of hair was used for their brushes.

Elf Cosmetics - The brushes will range from $5.00- $12.00 and are 100% Vegan. October

@wheeeee you wanted more info on these right?

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 8.31.44 PM.png

Now available on their site!! yayyyyyyy

I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER!  Everyone seems to be raving about these and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Spoiler
elf.JPG

@niki172  Just got this email from Beautylish.

src.jpg

I really want all of them but don't have a need for No.1, it's still worth it though. I already have the set but more would be nice= less washing. I have signed up! 

Does that first brush on left look scratchy to anyone else besides me?

@veronika23 - yup I did as well and am already signed up! So glad I didn't go for the Chikuhodo brushes now 🙂

1,986 Replies
testing