Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

BUMPP

bump!

No photo here (brush washing day is tomorrow...and badly needed lol)- but one of my all-time favorite brushes for foundation (dry) is the Cargo Magic Brush.

Picked that sucker up the first time years ago when Sephora stopped carrying the line. Been a fan ever since!

Bump.

Ohh look at these brushes!!! From Rouge and Rogue. Don't know the brand but these are pretty!

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 2.01.05 PM.png

Red tips!! And the frayed handles!! Very nice.

Very pretty also bump past the spam!

Great minds think alike @niki172! 😉 😄

Exactly @lmi82 😛

Those are elegant!

@veronika23 wow those are pretty. So unique.

Does anyone have oval brushes?  What are you thoughts?  Wondering if it will feel odd because of how the handle is compared to a traditional brush.

Mermaid oval brush set.jpg

I have one.  And I like it for creamier items like thicker foundations and concealers.

Got a set last Christmas. They are more novelty than anything else, but I have found some specific uses for some of them! I like the skinny line ones for doing my brows and also for laying down cream contour. The larger oval ones I've used for quick concealer blending in a pinch (on the days I'm just slapping some concealer on), the smaller oval ones for cream or liquid bronzer or blending out cream contour (in a pinch, I prefer my beauty blender). I've not found much use for the small circle ones, they're a bit odd.

I've brought really cheap ones that shredded on me, I saw these (similar to what you posted) at Wal-Mart that I want to try. 924cb4b0-2218-4a5d-b56a-f460bfbcef8a_1.d44d96184b94dd0af26fa946759da323.jpeg

@AMK721 I have a set very similar to the one you posted above, as well as a few other oval-style brushes from TJ Maxx. Personally, I find it to be more of a novelty than a favorite. The large one is good for quick foundation but I have to make myself use it. Also, with these cheaper versions (compared to Artis) the weight of the top feels like the brush head will snap off. It's a fun idea, and I love brushes, but I still prefer my traditional brushes or BeautyBlender. I don't regret buying them & will eventually splurge on an Artis brush to see if there's a difference.

Good to know @JayJayyy I love my Beauty Blender and I have a couple foundation brushes that I really like, so unless they are the best thing since sliced bread, I'll probably pass.  If I had a ton of room for all things beauty I might pick one up, but unfortunately I barely have enough room for what I have already 🙂  

I'm curious to know too, @AMK721.  I'll be honest - I own a similar set as the ones pictured above but haven't gotten the nerve to use them (they're so pretty!).  Right now, they're for display purposes only LOL  

I find the ones for foundation to be really nice. They've given me a beautifully smooth finish with my liquid foundations. I've only purchased relatively inexpensive ones to test what I'd think, under $20 (maybe even under $15) per brush from Marshall's and TJ Maxx. One that I purchased absolutely would not wash clean with any ordinary cleaning method that I tried (e.g. beauty blender cleanser; then mild soap when that didn't work; then dish soap when I was seeking a last ditch resort. It was strange; the bristles almost hardened and clumped together. Other than that, I've been happy! 🙂 @AMK721 @ZombieMetroAnt

Thanks for the info @ClassicallyFab.  Great tip on looking at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.  I'd rather try an inexpensive one to see how I like it before investing in a set.

Thanks @ClassicallyFab!  I guess it's time to finally break in the brushes I have sitting at home Cat LOL 

1,986 Replies
testing