Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

The Luxie line is probably one of the best at their price point (affordable); some of the Sephora Pro brushes are excellent (I lean toward the face brushes), and again, pretty good buys esp. with the sale coming up. Both Luxie and Sephora brushes use synthetic fibers.

If you want to really go a step up in luxury with Japanese Fude brushes, check out Sonia G's offerings at Beautylish. Mostly animal hair (goat, squirrel, etc.), handmade, and really amazing quality. They aren't inexpensive, but they are genuinely worth the price. Once you put a blue squirrel brush to your face, it will spoil you for anything else!

The best Japanese brushes for the price and quality was the Wayne Goss line, but for some reason, his brushes have disappeared (they were a Beautylish exclusive.) Hope some of this is useful. 🙂

Don't forget to clean them.    Time well spent today.  

IMG_20230311_164326178.jpg

They are looking good @CorgiMommy 😄

Nice collection, @CorgiMommy!

beautylish sakura.png

The page for the new Chikuhodo/Beautylish brushes is up.The set is priced at $305.50 Cad and says it will ship on or after next Tuesday March 14th.

More deets (yay case!)

Screenshot_20230314-173536~2.png

Screenshot_20230314-173712.png

Screenshot_20230314-173656.png

Screenshot_20230314-173645.png

Screenshot_20230314-173630~2.png

Screenshot_20230314-173616~2.png

Screenshot_20230314-173555~2.png

This set is still in stock, and it qualifies for a $40 gift card at Beautylish's annual gift card event which just started now. HTH someone 🙂

Howdy everyone! So... I need to do a major brush overhaul.  I have a few decent brushes which I really like, but honestly, I sold a lot of my better brushes in the last 5 years since I eased up on makeup, but now I'm getting back into it again and I mostly have a ton of crummy Morphe brushes and random one-offs, like a blush brush by Natasha Denona that I like, and a very thin crease brush by Surratt, then some Sephora branded, etc etc. but no powder brushes that I like and my eye brushes are not the greatest.

As of right now, this is what I have in my cart from Beautylish:

* Sonia G sky face set

* Sonia G pro eye set

* Sonia G flat definer

* Sonia G jumbo blender

* Sonia G face pro

* Sonia G classic base

I have slightly hooded eyelids and saw lots of these recommended from some people on Reddit.  What do you guys think? It's a steep purchase but it will be part of my bonus treat to myself lol.

@sabrinas 

Spoiler
Preface:So this is entirely my opinion, I love brushes, but I would call myself a fude amateur in regards to which hair does what and awareness of all fude brands.  I do love some Sonia G.

I would definitely get flat definer.  It's versatile (under eye, exact placement, light blending).

I didn't purchase all of the sky face set, just because not all of the shapes interested me, I have worker fan, soft cheek and master face.  I think these brushes are gorgeous, but there's redundancy in them.  I used master face A LOT when I first got it, but after some other purchases (Niji, jumbo bronzer, jumbo base), I don't use it as often.  Soft cheek I got for blushes, but it doesn't lay down blush the way I want and I have other highlight brushes, so I just look at it.  The lotus cheek and Inochige work better for me for blush. I got worker fan because I love fans, sometimes I use it for highlight and buffering out a blush.  It does well, I just hate cleaning it.

Jumbo base (not the the blender) - I got in my lucky bag, so I have a bias to it, but since it can handle powder and creams, I think it's worthwhile.  I also love the angled head, this plus classic base makes putting on complexion products 👍🏼🙌🏼.  Classic base helps me with harsh lines, so everything works

Jumbo blenderb(I have the keyaki version)  it's nice, but again kind of redundant for me (worker pro eye can do the same thing), if you get one of her eye sets, the brushes are soft enough to blend looks together, and if you don't have a lot of lid space, you won't miss it.

I don't have face pro, I was interested in that and smooth buffer, so if you don't have a brush that's similar, I think that's a good choice.

I don't have the pro eye set (I have the keyaki, fusion and sky), but got one brush individually and received one in a lucky bag (which started off this whole thing).  I reach for both often: crease two and worker pro.  Crease two isn't in the pro set, but there's a drummer shape and worker pro is awesome.  It blends, it handles shimmers well.

I think this the longest response I've ever given 😂 I hope it was helpful.  🤷🏽‍♀️

@danielledanielle Thank you!!! That was a very thorough response and I do appreciate it :).  I know what you mean about redundancy with items- I can see that happening with brushes, some are similar enough that I wouldn't need both.  That being said I will admit I bought the entire list that I mentioned lol so I suppose I will see how it goes once I receive them all tomorrow!! I am going to be donating or tossing 90% of the other brushes I own, it's about time.

@sabrinas  🤣😂 Oh wooooowwww

Look, they are all beautiful, just enjoy them.

👀👀👀👀 

Screenshot_20230306-183542.png

bl brush.png

From Beautylish on facebook,I really want these.

I just wanted to share these adorable brushes I just got from Beautylish - Koyudo La Fuga del Gatto brush set and kabuki brush! 😍 This was my first time ordering from Beautylish, but when I saw these (they're my favorite color *and* they have cats on them!) I absolutely had to have them 😅 

20230227_130748-01.jpeg

20230227_130842-01.jpeg

20230227_130642-01.jpeg

They are so stinking cute, I can't wait to use them!

@caitbird, those brushes are absolutely adorable! Thanks for posting pictures of them!!

1. @caitbirdThose are very nice brushes,enjoy.

@Seymore3  thank you!

These are pretty cute, enjoy @caitbird 

@danielledanielle  thank you!

They are really cute!

These are adorable, @caitbird!

testing