Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@Ispend2much6  @Sunnysmom  I'm not sure these brushes are made by the same folks who make Wayne Goss brushes... I think Hakuhodo makes those, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂 

I've been super curious about which brush maker in Kumano is responsible for Rephr. I know Chikuhodo has made brushes for Suqqu, Chicca, Shiseido, and RMK/Yuki. I doubt they also make Rephr brushes, though. There are several other companies in Kumano whose brushes I've never tried. 

@WinglessOne   I don't know that Rephyr's brushes are made by the same people as WG's; I just meant that they are comparable- feel-wise and performance-wise, at least to me.  I think Rephyr's feel a little softer, but I only have one WG eye brush.

We'll all have to work together and be on the lookout for Kumano brushes sold at the best prices. 😀

@WinglessOne @Sunnysmom @Ispend2much6 I believe Chikuhodo is also behind Surratt. 

@eshoe  Well that puts a whole new spin on any Surratt brushes that are on sale.

They have completely spoiled me, @Ispend2much6, because they are so good,  I am afraid I would be disappointed with anything else. That being said, I am probably limiting myself and missing out on so much! I do hope to pick up next year’s Lunar New Year brush, which is also grey squirrel. I do remember seeing @Mochapj’s enameling/paint on this year’s, and it was a bit off. I hope the quality is on par next year.

Nor am I @Ispend2much6 . Learning. Thanks for info! 💞

@Sunnysmom  These brushes apply makeup much lighter than fingers do, which works for me.  I used the eye brushes to apply one of my Viseart palettes, and it was soo nice!  Completely smooth.

They sound very nice then @Ispend2much6. That would be a good idea for me as well and I’ll have to look into them further. I picked up a few random brushes from WG and other lines upon BIC folk’s recommendations ( yours, @itsfi , @blackkitty2014 , @WinglessOne , @Mochapj and many others I’m sure and they’ve all been so good. 😊

Hakuhodo New Secret of Beauty Brush Set ($223.00) Available Friday, May 13 at 10am PST. Hakuhodousa

Hakuhodo 1.JPGHakuhodo 2.JPGHakuhodo 3.JPGHakuhodo details.JPG

Photos from hakuhodousa

@itsfi Cute brush case!

It's very cute isn't it @tjffc! 😍 There's been so many nice brush sets that have come out and continue to be released. Tempting.

Has anyone tried these Linda Choo brushes 

1A3925F7-DE99-4405-8D9F-A4981990ABCA.png

New at Beautylish,synthetic hair but these are so cute.Kcats.png

@Seymore3 Very cute!

Love the picture! 💅

Cross-posting from the Deals Too Good to Pass Up 2021 thread: 

I couldn't find a preview of the other daily deals at Sigma's site.I couldn't find a preview of the other daily deals at Sigma's site.

Terms (copied from the promo email): 

Offer valid April 5 at 8:00 am CDT to April 8 at 8:00 am CDT. Must use code CELEBRATE12 at checkout. Offer valid on individual brushes and brush sets only. Offer not valid with additional coupon codes or vouchers. Offer not valid with Partner discounts. All payments are subject to verification. Sigma reserves the right to delay shipment or cancel any order or promotion for any reason, without notice. Subject to in-stock levels, no substitutions or rain checks. Offer not valid on previous purchases. 

Rèphr concept store is now live. 

Screenshot_20210320-094237_Gmail.jpg

25% off at Surratt direct for new and existing loyalty members

FYI, Surratt direct is offering 25% off your entire purchase for new and existing loyalty program members. No code needed and it only shows up at check out. It appears to apply to everything, including brushes and sale items. They also look like they have every brush in stock right now. Not sure how long this is going on for.

@teufel Thank you for the info.

Thank you @teufel😁

Looks like Beautylish is adding some additional brushes to their Yano release

944E2C11-8235-47E1-9059-F24FECCDD812.jpeg

testing