Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

New limited edition Koyudo Makie Fox Hair brushes available now  on Fude Beauty. The face brushes are sold separately ($200 ea. for the cheek and angled brush, $300 for the large face brush). 

240E0783-B3CF-4DF3-8EA8-8B33E7306738.png

@teufel Thank you for all of your great brush info!

D13D59DF-25C1-485D-A918-5CB13A57805D.png

58A03B67-C038-4A65-92F7-1BDBDE8FC9B0.png

9E64CEA8-0675-4FEA-96B0-2AB3076DF21C.png

EECE417C-8D90-457D-9AD8-508F0BD9B039.png

C5FD4C5E-E6E8-4324-A9DF-D3B9D15FA389.png

The Yano brushes are available in both a set and individual.

looks like almost all the brushes are a mix of goat and squirrel except for the powder and highlight brushes which are squirrel only

BA5DDB51-25FA-4524-9CC2-EF7EAEA774F2.jpeg

@Mochapj  These brushes don't tug my heartstrings. The angled powder shape is interesting, but not enough to make me buy the brush. I wish we knew the brush maker behind these... the angle-ended handles remind me of a specific maker whose name I can't remember right now. 

If anyone buys one of these brushes, please share your thoughts in this thread! I'm curious about brush performance and build quality. 

I am passing on these brushes. A little hesitant due to the manufacturer being unknown and these brushes don’t appear to be necessary for my collection. The brush shapes aren’t really that unique and I already have similar brushes. 

@WinglessOne yeah, I'm not keen on the non-disclosure of the manufacturer.  The handles remind me of a series that Hakuhodo makes (S series) which have red handles with black bottoms

Finally... Details!  I just saw via email. I don't know why, but I'm less excited, versus if I'd knew all of this beforehand.  There's something to be said for hype 🤷🏽‍♀️

@Mochapj I just saw those on BeautyLish.  What do you think of them?

@tjffc not for me, personally.

Nothing against Beautylish but I haven't been greatly impressed with the quality of most of the brushes that I own from the 'Beautylish Presents' line. For what their prices work out to in CDN, I'd rather just order brushes directly from the manufacturer so that I can choose which manufacturer has made them.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I'm also not crazy about angled bottom handles but that has zero to do with functionality and is 100% a personal preference 😄

Are you planning to pick any of them up?

@Mochapj That seems to be what I've been hearing about recent releases from Beautylish.  I won't be purchasing these either.  I purchased a lot of brushes in 2020.  Although I am thinking of picking up one of the Sonia G brush holders which are supposed to be available tomorrow on Beautylish. 

A better pic of the Yano brush collection from Beautylish. No pricing or specific details yet but they release tomorrow 1/25 at 1 pm ET/ 10 am PT. From the Beautylish description, this is a set so they may not be sold individually. These are also made in Kumano, Japan. They look a lot like some of the Chikuhodo brushes and look like they are squirrel hair.

D385A9B2-DD2D-492C-88BF-9C3D5F6FDF1E.png

Visage USA is offering 25% off all purchases of $250 USD or more through 2/7 with code LOVE25. Does not combine with code LOVE2021 for free shipping over $95 but you get free shipping with purchases of $110 or up anyway. They only sell Chikuhodo brushes but it applies to everything including the Homare, FO, and Z series. It even works on the P-8 powder brush. 

B35C8157-1EA9-4187-9A3C-12024E3767EC.png

@teufel  -- Thanks!  I've been wondering when the next sale is.  It had been a week or so since I last checked r fude or their site.  I really want to pick up a few of the FO series, particularly the angled face brush.   Though if Sonia G's restocks finally restock I may once again prioritize the few brushes I'm wanting to add to my collection.  I am heavily leaning toward picking up the holiday brush holder.  Ah .... hopefully they'll have an absurd amount of sales like they did last year.  LOL 🙂 

I will add a picture later but lately I have been really loving my Luxie eye brushes, to me they are just as good as my urban decay double ended eye brush that I get with my naked pallets. They blend really well and are soft while some brushes I've tried are a little scratchy on the eyes. 

New brush set coming from Beautylish Presents, called 'Yano'

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 2.19.53 PM.png

I wish there were more details on these

@danielledanielle I was wondering too!

My ox brush came in today, thought I'd share some pictures 🙂

20210115_100803.jpg

20210115_095101.jpg

It's fully lacquered and the embossing is thick and metallic, I don't think it will rub off easily.

@SurprisedLemur  I was really pleased when I got mine.  I love the little design and the brush has a nice weight in the hand.  This is my first blue squirrel brush and it is soft.  I haven't washed it to try it out yet but I think this will be a winner.

I received my Ox brush yesterday.

based on photos I’ve seen of people who received the brush as PR, I don’t think they are all like this, but the one I received is a bit sloppy in the design, just FYI. Particularly the design of the 2 oxes is not crisp and has a lot of small gold speckles at the edges, presumably where the stencil was placed 

175A9727-B231-4F61-9B1F-CE53E7CA6319.jpeg

A9CA8628-5A4C-4C36-9E88-1EA8D7B6B431.jpeg

@MochapjThat is to bad,your 2 ox definitely look messy.I just hauled mine out to double check since I didn't notice anything when I got it but the images are nice and crisp.

testing