Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@danielledanielle I know right!  

For full details, check Sonia G’s blog, Sweet Makeup Temptations

Cost: $125 USD

Release date: Dec 9 at 10 am PT. Sign up on Beautylish for notifications and possibly pre-orders (sometimes they message you to do this)

5 piece brush set: 2 face brushes, 3 eye brushes

Handles: Keyaki Zelkova Serrata, shorter than her usual brushes

Bristles: mainly saikoho goat, one is sokoho goat and synthetic.

Eye Brushes: these are not new. They are the Jumbo Blender, the Mini Booster, and the Flat Definer from the Sky collection but all 3 are made of undyed saikoho goat bristles so they can be used with cream and liquid products.

Mini Base brush: Made of sokoho goat and synthetic (PBT and nylon) so it can be used for liquid and powder foundations and other products. Top is 23 mm in diameter and hair length is 23 mm. Total length is 123 mm.

Classic Face: Made of dyed and undyed saikoho goat. Designed for powder products. Small enough for blush and bronzer but big enough for face powder. Hair length is 33 mm and total length is 128 mm. Looks closer in size to Classic Cheek and Cheek Pro.

@teufel Thanks for the update.

Looks like there is also an LE brush holder and the brushes appear to be a mix of fox and goat

C0127538-DF92-4C3F-B623-2F37A63D2694.jpeg

@Mochapj Nice holder.

She released a video on her YT channel showing the design. It’s Cranes Over Mt Fuji. Looks really pretty

Sonia G has a holiday brush collection coming soon to Beautylish. Sign up at Beautylish to be notified when it is released. No release date or price given yet. 

5695A35E-8B81-4DBA-9E54-FF0979425DCA.png

@teufel Thank you!

So excited for this , the preview looks promising just from this pic alone. I can’t say that I would get the brush holder even if I like it just based off of the price of her first one.  I can only imagine what this one will cost and I can never tell if all of my brushes will fit in it since it’s so narrow,,especially my larger Le Mer powder brush alone. 

A246E37E-4CA9-480C-A48C-431843E763B6.jpeg

 Sonia G microfiber double sided towel coming soon. It will be limited edition

@KNC24 This is interesting. 

Visage USA is offering 25% off purchases of $250 or more until 11/29. Discount code is BLACK25X 

84EBD6A2-36FA-4D15-AEC6-1493CD639B48.png

Hakuhodo USA will be offering free shipping with minimum purchase during Black Friday weekend. Free shipping to the US for purchases $50 and up. Free shipping to other countries for purchases $75 and up. Offer runs from Thurs. 11/26 9:00 pm PST to Mon. 11/30 11:59 pm PST. They typically don’t do Black Friday promotions. 

There are 3 new sets of Chikuhodo brushes on Viseage USA. Each set contains at least 1 brush from the KZ Homare series and 1 brush from the FO series. Here’s the breakdown:

The Best of the Best Set: KZ-1 Powder, KZ-4 Cheek, FO-5 Eyeshadow

Price $354 (if purchased individually, $390)

All the Basjcs set: FO-1 Powder, Z-8 Cheek, KZ-6 Eyeshadow, KZ-8 or KZ-7 Eyeshadow,

Price $281 (if purchased individually $310)

Pro Blend set: KZ-4 Cheek, FO-5 Eyeshadow, FO-6 or FO-7 Eyeshadow, Z-11 Blending, KZ-8 Eyeshadow

Price $210 (if purchased individually, $233)

Nice to see that there is a discount when purchasing these sets because that isn’t always the case. 

F8088A84-B2E7-4318-A668-B7E8C70477E1.jpeg

296EF104-AA51-4961-8ECA-D7B075E1C51A.jpeg

6A5535C6-5BAC-4505-8B5F-E566C722E23A.jpeg

@teufel Thank you for the update!

brush.png

Koyudo Christmas set-up on Fude Beauty but I really hope Beautylish gets this set,I would like to use my gift cards from the gift card event on it.

@Seymore3 @Beautylish has it online now 

@SportyGirly125 Thanks,I ordered them this morning,I have been stalking Beautylish  for them to show up.

Chikuhodo is releasing 2 new limited edition brush sets. Each one is limited to 300 sets. They will be released on 11/24 but are available for pre-order. So far you can only preorder them from Chikuhodo and Fude Beauty. However, Chikuhodo will not ship them to the US, not sure about Canada. Fude Beauty does ship to the US and probably Canada but not sure, Most likely CDJapan and other Japanese retailers will also have some sets to sell. The handles do look somewhat plain but they are made using the yamanaka nori technique and do look like they have some sparkle if you zoom in. The 5-piece Aube (Orb) set comes with a powder brush (dyed saikoho goat), a cheek brush (gray squirrel), 2 eyeshadow brushes (gray squirrel), and an eyebrow brush (tanuki= raccoon dog) and is currently listed for $240 on Fude Beauty. The 3-piece Soirée set comes with a powder/cheek brush (dyed saikoho goat), an eyeshadow brush (dyed sokoho goat), and an eyeshadow brush (dyed saikoho goat) and is listed at $105 on Fude Beauty.

12E72782-DA0F-4196-99B5-894898E0B518.png

4F983043-289D-427D-B845-0D9247145D68.jpeg

@teufel Nice!  I've bought several brushes lately.  Would love these too but not sure.  Thank you for letting us know!

Visage is having another sale on Chikuhodo. Spend $140, get 10% off with code N10VX. Spend $180, get 15% off with code N15VX. Spend $240, get 20% off with code N20VX. Spend $280, get 25% off with code N25VX. They are calling it the 21 Days of Deals. Sale runs through 11/8. This is confusing because that is 15 days, not 21. Not sure if this means there will be other deals

AB161D36-7C1A-43D0-AD29-8EDACDE27978.png

1 Reply
testing