Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@teufel Oh my goodness I got this email too.  Thank you for reminding me.  I think I'm going to pick up a few of the FO brushes.  

I have 2 of the brushes that you have so I figured that I would send you a comparison pic. Left to right; Chikuhodo FO-2, Koyudo Fu-pa 02, Chikuhodo T-11, and Bisyodo B-FD-01. I added the Bisyodo brush because I actually prefer it to the Fu-pa 02 and T-11 brushes. It’s softer and has the same density as the Fu-pa 02. If you decide to get another brush in the future, I really do recommend it. It’s what I prefer for thicker foundations or days when I need to apply more foundation quickly.

39D3D905-BAA7-41D1-B298-2797A9BAD90A.jpeg

@teufelI  tried my Bisyodo brush this morning with a liquid foundation and absolutely love it.  I am a liquid only foundation user and apply foundation using the stippling technique. This brush is densely packed, did not soak up a lot of product, and provides a flawless finish.  As you stated, it allows me to apply my foundation quickly and is now my new favorite.  I really like the weight and length of the handle.  I've only used it once but I'm going to go out on the limb and say that I enjoyed using it more than both the Fu-Pa 02 and T-11.   Thank you for the great recommendation. @WinglessOne This brush would work for concealer as well. My review does not include nearly the amount of detail you include in your reviews so please let me know if you have specific questions.  I highly recommend this brush and am planning on ordering another one as back-up. 

Thanks for the review, @tjffc ! Very helpful. 🙂 I'll add this to my list of potential 2021 brush purchases, unless I can convince someone to get me one for my birthday/the holidays. 👍

@WinglessOne No problem.  I hope you can convince someone too!  It really is a great brush.  

@teufel Thank you. I'm going to check that one out right now. You have been so helpful!  I love your collection of brushes.  

Certainly, I love the FO-2 brush for liquid foundation. However, due to the nature of the fbristles, I would recommend it for more watery foundation, not thicker foundations. I use it with the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation which is very watery, similar to a face and body foundation. It is also very small so I typically use it when I am using foundation in the center areas of my face, not all over. It is also a very good size for travel. When I use it, I place dots of foundation on my skin and then buff it in very gently. For additional coverage, I can use whatever is remaining on the brush or put a small amount on the brush and tap it into the skin where I need it. If you need a size comparison pic, let me know. I have a lot of brushes here so I might have one that you already have or one of a similar size for comparison.

@teufel Perfect.  Thank you so much.  You have been so helpful.  I like to have several foundation brushes as I use them everyday.  I currently use the Chikuhodo Takumi T-11, Koyudo Fa Pa, Hour glass foundation, and Sigma F80 for liquid foundation application.  I really would like to have another foundation brush to ensure I have enough to last throughout the week without needing to add an additional day of washing of brushes. I wash all of my brushes (with the exception of the Chikuhodo powder brushes) each Sunday.  I have several powder and cheek Chikuhodo brushes and absolutely love them.  They are normally washed every two weeks.  I am going to order the FO-2 as I've been eyeing it for a while.  Thank you for helping me decide.😀

If you have any questions about the FO brushes, just ask. I have all of them 

@teufel I will take you up on your offer.  I'm very interested in the FO-2 Foundation brush.  Many of the reviews state that it can be used with liquid foundation.  What type of application is best for this brush?  

Alicia aka Kinkysweat on YouTube posted a discount code for Surratt. You get 25% off with code KINKYSWEAT25 until 11/17. For disclosure, she is receiving a commission on orders using this code.

A0AECB76-E094-4EB5-B630-0DED33619C3A.png

@teufel Thank you.  I love her videos.  She gives really great reviews on both make-up and make-up brushes brands.  

The last 4 years of Charlotte Tilbury mini brush sets for those interested @Anastasiya13 

1009202044_HDR.jpg

siya13

Beautiful! Are they all the same brushes & sizes each year, with the only difference being the case? 

Pretty collection, @sonnydee!

@sonnydee  Oh wow they are so pretty. I love the shinny/sparkly one. Do you use these as clutches for when you go out?

No, they are pretty small ( it won't fit a phone.) I guess I could if I wanted to carry only a card/money & a lippie @Anastasiya13 

@sonnydee Awww, yeah but then again we always need our phones though too. But they are super cute though.

00A58054-E45D-4A2F-AE4D-4ED6D083CAFB.jpegJust wanted to post this for others who may be looking for brush storage ideas. I purchased this 7 cup brush carousel off Etsy from a store called Craft Innovations. They sell a number of styles and they come as untreated assembled or unassembled that you can do yourself. I purchased an unassembled one and stained it myself. If you are interested in the steps I used to stain this, just ask. As you can see, this holds a lot of brushes and it’s very convenient when I am doing my makeup 

@teufel, so pretty

@teufel, so pretty

I really like this!  You did a great job on staining them, @teufel!

testing