Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Lol @WinglessOne , I nearly broke my low buy with that Visage Tag...😂🤣

@WinglessOne  - Seriously, "ugly brushes?"  

giphy

@MCSSavvy C'mon, work with me here! Surely Chikuhodo's capable of producing ugly brushes... I mean, I've yet to see one myself, but IT MUST BE POSSIBLE. 🤣 

Now I genuinely wonder if any of Chikuhodo's brushmakers occasionally miss inferior hairs during the sorting process, or botch the hand-binding process, and what the resulting brushes would look like. Obviously they wouldn't perform properly, but would they actually look defective? Is it really possible for Chikuhodo to release ugly brushes? Or, they could create brushes per their usual high standards and just give them an unappealing design—though "unappealing" is very subjective. Some folks hate the Passion series brushes solely because of the shape and color of their handles. Along those lines: what would a very ugly Chikuhodo brush look like? 

Now I'll probably dream about crazily designed brushes tonight. 😂

@WinglessOne  --Vaya, vaya, vaya.... maybe, maybe, but something tells me they'd never sell it.  Though your post has made me start to wonder what if.... I mean there has to be a brush here and there that fails QA, right?  What do they do with it?  

Taste is subjective so I suppose some designs and color choices are less appealing than others but you pose an excellent question.  So does there exist or can there ever be an "ugly" Chikuhodo brush?  It boggles my mind... 🤣

@WinglessOne 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. I love it!   The brush you have is absolutely gorgeous and I don't blame you.  I will probably cave and buy the Hachiko. My Kazan Homare brushes were delivered today. I'm traveling for work and can't wait to get home to see them.   BIC is a bad influence on me.  I love to shop!  It's really sad when the UPS delivery driver tells you that you have more deliveries "by far" than anyone in the whole neighborhood.  Just sad.   Well, I think I'm going to headed over to purchase Hachiko brush. 

@WinglessOne @It’s so pretty but I’m talking myself out of it because it’s ceramic. 

@SportyGirly125 Yeah, I do kinda worry I might accidentally bump it off the counter or shelf onto my bathroom floor, which would definitely shatter it. I guess we can both live vicariously through other people's haul photos. 🙂 

@WinglessOne  and @SportyGirly125  -- Its tots adorbs but I know I'd only keep it in the box safely in a plastic tub hidden from sight so I don't break it... but a real case of the "I wanna" reared it's head today. 

Now available at Beautylish.

b.png

@Seymore3 Oh my!  This brush is beautiful.  I need to log-off of Sephora so I won't be tempted by BIC.  

Anonymous Insider

RE: Love for Brushes

This looks great!

RE: Love for Brushes

Close ups of the Hachiko brush

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@Mochapj This is gorgeous!

Anyone getting this? I’m tempted

@SportyGirly125  - I'm seriously tempted but I can be clumsy so I can easily picture myself dropping it on the floor and the ceramic shatter.  I feel it is more a collector's item, I dunno.  I signed up on the notification list but I'm on the fence.  You?

@MCSSavvy I drop brushes on the floor all the time especially some brushes that are no longer made.  

@MCSSavvy Does anyone know the price yet?  I have a feeling I might pass but could quickly change my mind.

@SportyGirly125  - Someone posted on Beautylish's insta that they saw it was $80 before the live page was taken down.   To me, it seems reasonable.  I'm curious if it comes in a dedicated case with the black and gold etching...

@SportyGirly125 $80 is what my text from Beautylish says. I didn’t ask what it’s made of. Haven’t replied at all to them yet. I’m trying to talk myself out of it. 😂

@WinglessOne @I see the page that says coming soon with the price. It’s only for powder formulas and it made of ceramic. I have clumsy hands sometimes so I would be afraid of shattering it. 

@WinglessOne They told me today it is made of Saikoho goat

testing