Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@WinglessOne That doesn't seem that bad.  Darn it.

@SportyGirly125  I know... 😄  

I just got the text to preorder. I can't wait, I adore the Hachiko story! 

I'm really tempted as I love the story, but I feel like it would fall into my category of I just bought it because it was pretty/LE/etc and I'm trying to cut down on doing that. Just like this year's Chikuhodo brush I can't bring myself to use it for fear of ruining it. I admit I have a few Wayne Goss holiday brushes that fall into this same category. I just need to suck it up and use my brushes, but it's hard as I know I won't damage my synthetic brushes, but my animal hair ones are a totally different story (they also take forever to clean vs the synthetic ones). Decisions decisions.....

@SportyGirly125 Of course, I'm tempted.  This is a lovely brush.

I'm signed up for Beautylish emails, but somehow didn't get any emails about this release. Now that I've seen it here, I'm tempted too! It inspired me to read up more details on Hachiko's loyalty @SportyGirly125 

@Guessgal @Did you get an email that looks like this?

147030E4-5656-45B4-9867-36899CF55542.png

RE: Love for Brushes

Coming soon from Beautylish presents, a Hachiko themed brush

RE: Love for Brushes

I signed up for the notification. Curious which brand the brush is from. It looks like a kabuki brush which is more in-line with Koyudo but it could also be Chikuhodo since they seem to have more designs on their brushes. On the other hand, not really sure I like how the pattern is applied. The design looks like it might be made up of small dots. Not sure if it’s the picture or if it is supposed to be pointillist. Depending on how it is applied, it can either look really artistic or really cheap. Need to see better pictures first.

@teufel  yesterday Beautylish had it tagged as Koyudo but it is no longer. Not sure if that was a mistake or because they didn't want to reveal that part yet.

The  email sign up page for this brush is up at Beautylish.I think I may get this brush even though I am more of a cat person,it is so pretty

@Mochapj  - I wonder if this is a Kabuki type brush?  The workmanship is amazing.  

@MCSSavvy yes, it is

Re: Love for Brushes

I needed to spend a little more in order to get the $20 off $100 sale so I ended up buying the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Concealer Brush #57 and was pleasantly surprised at how good the quality was.  It covered blemishes really well and the bristles were nice and soft.

I was originally going to buy the Hourglass Vanish™ Seamless Finish Concealer Brush but when I saw it in stores, it was a lot bigger and flatter than it looked online.  Also the bristles looked a bit hard or hay like, but to be fair, it looked like someone had messed it up.

@RAWRitsRED I have a few of the Sephora brushes from their latest release and I really like them. I was pleasantly surprised as well.

Didn't get enough Chikuhodo brushes during Visage's last sale? Skipped that sale and now kicking yourself? Lucky you: Visage is having another sale! Because you can never have too many brushes! 🤪 

Visage - now through August 30, 2020, receive one of the following End of Summer Savings offers: 
  • Complimentary shipping on a CHIKUHODO purchase of $95 or more [no code needed] 
  • 10% off on a CHIKUHODO purchase of $140 or more (code ENDSUM10
  • 15% off on a CHIKUHODO purchase of $180 or more (code  ENDSUM15
  • 20% off on a CHIKUHODO purchase of $240 or more (code ENDSUM 2 0
  • 25% off on a CHIKUHODO purchase of $280 or more (code ENDSUM25

Hey, if I had to be tempted by this, so do the rest of you. 🤣 

@WinglessOne  -- Ugh!  Just when Beautylish announced a Sonia G restock.  I'm still waiting to pick up some of her Pro Face Brushes (I didn't want Master Face so....) that I missed last go around.  I suppose I'll wait for the next sale... LOL.

@WinglessOne Well, I used the coupon.  Thank you. I purchased both the KZ-4 and KZ-5 brushes.  Can't wait to get them.  Thank you for posting about the coupon!!!😁

@WinglessOne Oh my goodness!  Now that I know this, I must go and purchase more brushes.  The BIC has forced me to spend so much money since joining😂. Thank you @WinglessOne for all of the great info regarding all of my favorite brands.  I guess I'm off to purchase more brushes!❤️

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

Thanks for letting us know. Considering getting a few of the Homare series brushes

Dang, Dang, Dang @WinglessOne Ok, I'm off to look at the...

Dang, Dang, Dang @WinglessOne Ok, I'm off to look at the Kazan and FO face brushes 😂🤣🤣🤣
5 Replies
testing