Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Thanks @WinglessOne I'm definitely looking forward to ret...

Thanks @WinglessOne I'm definitely looking forward to retiring! We are only moving four hours away, but I dread packing up the house. The one good thing is I get to go furniture shopping for our new house and to be able to do things in a slower way and not be so rushed all the time.

@WinglessOne I told the granddaughter to look to see if s...

@WinglessOne I told the granddaughter to look to see if she wants any Chikuhodo brushes for Christmas, so if she picks anything, I'll throw a few extra brushes in for myself, if not I'm going to pass. I'm retiring at the end of the year and me and my husband are moving to be close to our other grandkids. So with that comes new furniture and house items, so my beauty items will be put on hold 😊

Re: @WinglessOne I told the granddaughter to look to see if s...

@Luvstravel Congrats on retirement! Also, very kind of you to offer up some Chikuhodos for your granddaughter. Best of luck with your future move and new home! 

Re: Dang, Dang, Dang @WinglessOne Ok, I'm off to look at the...

@Luvstravel  😈

I might have taken advantage of the 25% discount. This was a good time to buy more of what Chikuhodo calls liner brushes, which look like very small shaders. I love that shape and size of brush, and I needed some made of bristles that can handle wet applications (shadows & loose pigments + a mixing medium). I also added one more cheek brush, a liquid foundation brush, and a couple more eyeshadow brushes.

This will probably be my last Chikuhodo purchase of the year. Hopefully they won't release a stellar Beautylish collab set this year that I'll have to buy. 🤣

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

Just started my collection ! Currently I have all Sephora brand brushes and one KVD brush. What would you recommend is the best for powder and highlighter? $100 or less.

Re: RE: Re: Love for Brushes

@nikkayy0 "The best" brush is very subjective. 🙂 Here's a link to similar advice I gave earlier in this thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Love-for-Brushes/m-p/5444170/highlight/true#M127099

Depending on how you use brushes and which brush shape you prefer for highlighter, here are some Chikuhodo brushes that can probably do both powder and highlight (all prices are USD): 

• FO-3 cheek, $100 - made of silver fox hair; round flat shape; looks like it can be turned on its side and for highlightng; I'll have this brush in my hands soon, but it looks large for a cheek brush so it may be a good "mini powder" brush option 
  • FO-4 cheek/highlight, $100 - silver fox hair; angled brush designed for multi use 
  • Z-8 cheek/highlight, $105 (just slightly over your budget) - grey squirrel hair; flat round shape, a bit smaller than both Z-series powder brushes but bigger than the Z-4 cheek brush... this is the size I call "mini powder"; turn on its side for precision highlighting 
  • T-2 powder, $85 - saikoho goat hair; angled brush designed for finishing powders, blush, and highlighter; saikoho is very soft, but not as soft as squirrel—still, this is a great option if you like angled brushes 

Note that those are all natural/animal hair brushes. If you prefer vegan/synthetic brushes, check out the AF-1 powder brush from Chikuhodo's AF series. Also consider looking at the Luxie brand of brushes. I haven't used any of Luxie's face brushes, but I find their eye brushes to be incredibly soft. 

I'm sure other folks can chime in with more suggestions! 

RE: Love for Brushes

I have determined that I have way too many makeup brushes, anyone know a good place to sell used but sanitized brushes?

Reddit has a thread called makeupexchange where people sell new and usedmakeup, skincare, and brushes. They sell using PayPal Goods and Services which offers some protection. There are no associated fees other than a small one (really small compared to Poshmark and Ebay) for using the PayPal G&S option. I have had some luck with it. Brushes, particularly from the Fude and higher end brands, sell quickly on there. What are you looking to sell?

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

Poshmark

Love for Brushes

I forgot to post my Chikuhodo brushes I purchased from the Visage sale ( thank you @teufel for posting) I wanted to try out the R series (I ordered with red handles) for the price, they are ok, but the Kazan and the FO series are so soft. I mainly was wanting the new MK-KO brush (I love the color and design) but with 25% off decided to try out others.

Beautiful haul of brushes, @Luvstravel. I am particularly envious of your Chikuhodo Homare brushes. I have been eyeballing them myself but haven’t taken the plunge yet.

The Kazan and the FO brushes were so soft @teufel Thanks...

The Kazan and the FO brushes were so soft @teufel Thanks for posting the sale. I took your advice and ordered some T series brushes but I just haven't had a chance to use those yet. I think I might gift the R series brushes to the granddaughter, so that way when I order some more Kazan and FO series brushes, I won't feel so bad 😉

Re: Love for Brushes

@Luvstravel Beautiful collection of brushes

Thank you @tjffc

Thank you @tjffc

They're all really beautiful, @Luvstravel!

They're all really beautiful, @Luvstravel!

Thanks @curlychiquita

@blackkitty2014I received my Chikuhodo Kazan Homare set this morning

Some observations... the handles are quite large but the wood they've used is incredibly lightweight. The Kazan hair is very soft, almost as soft as fox. It seems to have similar springiness as pine squirrel but without the coarseness. The K8 brush is quite similar to Suqqu Eyeshadow S (which Chikuhodo also manufactured at some point) and the K1 is similar to Suqqu powder brush. 

Will let you know how they do once I've used them for some time.

K1-K8K1-K8

K1-K5K1-K5

K6-K8K6-K8

K2 Cheek vs K4 CheekK2 Cheek vs K4 Cheek

K3 Highlight vs K5 HighlightK3 Highlight vs K5 Highlight

Thanks for posting @Mochapj The set is so pretty. I only...

Thanks for posting @Mochapj The set is so pretty. I only purchased K6 and K7 eyeshadow brushes and they are very soft!

@Mochapj These brushes are beautiful.  

These are absolutely gorgeous, @Mochapj! 😍

Those are beautiful. I have been eyeballing the 5 and 8 brushes myself. Jaybirdwalking did a thorough review on YouTube if anyone is interested. Be forewarned though, it is rather long because she does compare each to other brushes in her large collection.
1 Reply
testing