Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

RE: Love for Brushes

Fude Beauty just added MK-KO to their website if anyone is interested

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

Omg that is so luxe. Look at that handle... and the box!! GORGEOUS 

@teufel ooo I like the black one. Both are beautiful though 🥰

RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

It is available at Fude Beauty🥰

RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@blackkitty2014 I’m loving the black one too.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@KNC24  Ouch our wallets 🤣😂😘. Hope you’re doing well.

Looking for advice on cleaning my Tom Ford foundation brush - i have one of the original cream foundation brushes made of white natural hair (before they went synthetic) Is there a way to get it purely white again? The tips still have some foundation color on the bristles after cleaning with a gentle shampoo that i use for brush cleaning..

I have been looking at the Chikuhodo FO series since Michelle Wang mentioned them in a haul. I am currently considering the powder brush FO-1 and the foundation brush FO-2. Does anyone have experience with fox hair makeup brushes, particularly the FO series? I have oily skin so I am curious how well they hold up since they are supposed to be really soft like squirrel hair.

If you want to see them in action, both Kinkysweat and Fluffy Fude on Youtube have in depth videos on the brushes. In terms of hair type, this might be better for you than squirrel hair which is often recommended for drier skin types.

@teufel I’ve had the PFO (also fox by Chikuhodo but part of their ‘pro’ series) for a year and a half and it has held up very well. My understanding is how well the PFO was received is what prompted the release of the FO line.

the hair is softer than squirrel and quite springy. It has a softness similar to microfibre teddy bear hair. I have oily skin and haven’t had any issues with my brush although I do wipe it on a cloth after use and am generally careful with cleaning it, etc 

Re: Love for Brushes

Sonia G. stated that there is a restock for the Sky Face set that is happening very soon. I missed out on the Master Face so I am hoping they also restock the singles. I am kind of considering the set, but I can wait for the Master Face. If anyone has the set would you mind sharing your most used brushes from it, what purpose you use them for and if you prefer a brush from her other sets over a brush from the set? Thank you!

Love for Brushes

Cross posting from haul thread. My Chikuhodo brushes arrived. I took advantage of Beautylish gift card event and ordered the Z-2 Highlight, Z-5 Eyeshadow and Z-8 cheek brush. Then used my gift card balance to purchase Makie Series MK 2 Powder Brush. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

How are you liking the Z-1 and the Makie-2 brush? I'm con...

How are you liking the Z-1 and the Makie-2 brush? I'm considering picking up one of the larger powder brushes from Chikuhodo. Do you tend to sweep the brush along the face or do a rolling motion? Could you describe the differences in brush hair length (I know Z-1 varies)? Also, do you prefer one brush over the other?

That handle on the last brush is everything! Beautiful haul 🙂

@Luvstravel I’m drooling looking at these beautiful brushes. Congrats your beautiful haul

Thanks @KNC24 I have been wanting some better brushes and...

Thanks @KNC24 I have been wanting some better brushes and after reading through this thread I chose these!

@LuvstravelThat is a great brush haul,I have had the Makie Series MK 2 Powder Brush on my wishlist for awhile but I got the Year of the Rat one so I have had to wait awhile before I buy any more.

I completely understand @Seymore3 The year of the rat bru...

I completely understand @Seymore3 The year of the rat brush is so cute!

So gorgeous! @Luvstravel 

Thanks for letting me know about the gift card sale @dani...

Thanks for letting me know about the gift card sale @danielledanielle I think these were good investment pieces 😉

Re: Thanks for letting me know about the gift card sale @dani...

@Luvstravel , ahh, yay!  They definitely are.  Enjoy!

testing