Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: RE: Re: Love for Brushes

@KNC24  Me too. I donโ€™t like retractable brushes in general (they never feel sturdy enough, and sometimes they collapse during use, plus I hate cleaning them vs. traditional brushes), so I donโ€™t own any of Chikuhodoโ€™s retractables. I assume/hope this yearโ€™s brush will be a traditional powder brush. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Re: Love for Brushes

@Mochapj  - I put myself down on the wait list.  I know Chikuhodo brushes are a bit pricey - do we have any idea what this lunar brush will run?  I love the handle.... So unique.

@MCSSavvy I think last yearโ€™s pig brush ran around $165 (In CDN) but it will depend what type of hair theyโ€™ve used. If itโ€™s full squirrel it will be pricier and if itโ€™s goat or goat blend it will be more affordable 

Looks beautiful,  @Mochapj!

@SportyGirly125@blackkitty2014@MissPuff, looky! A new brush for LNY.

@itsfi Thank you for the tag. Canโ€™t wait 

Thx you @itsfi . Signed up ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Thanks for tag, running off to sign up nooooooow!

Rofl at my Sephora having a giant Mario cut out. I was in for something else and went to feel the brushes because why not (they are really soft) - I kept thinking someone else was standing to the side waiting for access and then looking up and realizing it was the cut out 6FF0EDF4-7301-448D-9C36-C02C1FAFE72F.jpeg

OMG!  I thought there was some creepy man just standing in the window near the formerly used beauty studio.  I think I walked by that cut-out a half a dozen times in the store before I realized it was a cut-out and it still creeped me out.  I had no interest in the brushes at that point!  LOL.  Besides, I'm still waiting on Sonia G's Sky set to return.  Fingers crossed on that one.

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

OMG! Haha.

@Kim888  Ahhhh, mine too! It totally freaked me out, I kept turning around to say "excuse me" and then realizing it was just a cutout! Terrifying ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@Kim888  ๐Ÿคฃ My local Sephora also has that cutout. I suppose itโ€™s an Instagram photo op (pose with Mario)? It kinda freaked me out a bit! 

For those that own Sonia G brushes, what are your favorite eye brushes from her line? I would love to try some. I have mostly Hakuhodo and Wayne Goss.

@mybuttercup  Of my 7 Sonia G brushes, these are my favorites: 

I like them all, but I have 3 favorites.I like them all, but I have 3 favorites.

Worker One - This was my first Sonia G brush. Mine is quite thick and packs color well. But for me, itโ€™s even better at single-swipe blending. I can lay down one color, then swipe a second color over it as an interlapping layer, and it blends the 2 shades beautifully. Itโ€™s great for creating new colors by layering shades atop one another. 

Blender Pro - My new favorite blender. I now reach for it more often than my other blenders (Chikuhodo, MAC, Wayne Goss, Luxie, and Sigma). Itโ€™s the perfect shape, size, softness, and density for me. I might buy a second one later this year. 

Crease One - This is a pencil brush + crease blender + shader. I love this for packing color on my outer corner. Itโ€™s also good at blending out shades in my tight inner corner space. I can smoke out the bottom lash line with this brush, and use it for tear duct accent. 

To be fair, I havenโ€™t yet used the Worker Pro enough to form a full opinion of it. The smaller narrower size seems well suited to my hooded eyes, but it doesnโ€™t do that single-swipe blending nearly as well as the larger Worker One. 

@WinglessOne These brushes look great.  Thank you for the highlights.  I had b been contemplating nicer eye brushes after purchasing your recommendation for the Z-!

Thank you very much for the recommendations. The brushes look beautiful.

I love her builder one brush! Keep in mind I only have 2 (this and Worker One) but I also have the Hakuhodo & WG eye sets and picked those two because I felt none of my existing eye brushes did the same thing. Builder one is great to use with shimmers/metallics and packs it on as well as a finger. Worker One I honestly haven't used much - it's supposed to apply more sheer, but i find my brush to be quite inflexible and thin. It shows it's thicker in the pictures so I think it just needs a few washes to fluff up. 

Thank you so much. I am debating which of the 3 workers to get.

RE: Love for Brushes

Update on Michele Wangโ€™s brushes. Restock coming spring of 2020

RE: Love for Brushes

Chikahudo holiday sets

testing