Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

I actually like the set. I just don’t have the budget at the moment 😉 I put myself on no buy for now. If Wayne Goss holiday brush won’t sell out by Jan or so, i’d Pick up one 😉 

Wayne Goss Holiday Brush LIVE on Beautylish

Wayne Goss Holiday Brush LIVE on Beautylish

Re: Wayne Goss Holiday Brush LIVE on Beautylish

Has anyone tried this brush yet? The splayed shape is interesting, but is bugging the hell out of my inner OCD. I just want to smooth it down...I'm wondering how similar in function it would be to the WG 14? 

@MissPuff  I have it. It's too soft. I honestly don't like it. I couldn't pick up color/product on anything I tried it on. I've resorted to using it as my completely powdered broken meteorites brush. It works great for that. Highlighters and blushes was a no go. Unless it is something completely loose powdered I can't get it to work.

Thanks @Samtian! Guess it's a pass. I actually preferred the previous brown haired face brushes compared to the current white ones because I felt like they had a bit more structure. The white versions splay out more than I'd like. I still love them, but I'd love an option to pick up the old ones as well.

@MissPuff I've only been able to try a few of his brushes, none of the white ones.

@MissPuff -- that's what I was thinking. The brush looks almost damaged and it would drive me crazy.

For the Goss fans, it looks like there is another Holiday brush being released soon:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 3.52.00 PM.png

Wayne Goss is re-releasing his air brush as a holiday brush with a ivory pink handle and rose gold ferrule. Available on Beautylish 11/16, I think there might be early access sign-up but the link is not playing nice today.

23498090_128172354502204_6412550794729488384_n.jpg

Some additional details about the 2 Noel sets:
I asked about the one that says Hikariko and was told this is Sokoho (goat) hair. The highlighter is a mix of grey squirrel and sokoho. Itachi is weasel.I asked about the one that says Hikariko and was told this is Sokoho (goat) hair. The highlighter is a mix of grey squirrel and sokoho. Itachi is weasel.The powder brush is a mix of grey squirrel and sokoho (goat), the cheek is also sokoho. The eyeshadow brush is a mix of grey squirrel and weasel.The powder brush is a mix of grey squirrel and sokoho (goat), the cheek is also sokoho. The eyeshadow brush is a mix of grey squirrel and weasel.

@Mochapj, I've been so busy with work and now I finally have time to actually read and digest this list....and thought to myself....What in the world is a "racoon dog"????? lol  Googled it and it actually exists.  😂🤣

Lol @angelKiss24 - i did the same. I assumed it was a google translate error but it actually does exist 🤣

Thank you @Mochapj.  I did promise myself this year that I will finally indulge in some luxury brushes.  Thanks to this thread that has recently been resurrected I have narrowed my search down.  I just ordered the Surratt collection during the sale but this Chikuhodo set is really really catching my eye.  I hope eventually Beautylish will carry it.  

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

@blushnglow I hope you will like them! I own most of the Surratt brush line and the classique M, Smokey Grande and cheek brush are some of my favourite brushes I own out of any line. Not to mention the ombre handles are gorgeous! 😊

Re: RE: Re: Love for Brushes

@Mochapj I bought the Artistique Face, Cheek and Highlighter.  The Sculptor is in my cart.  I'm very impatiently waiting for the delayed shipping due to high volume from the sale. Good to hear the M Smokey Grande is well loved.  All the Smokeys have a very unique shape.  Mental noted for the eyes next round 🙂 

Re: RE: Re: Love for Brushes

The Cheek is fantastic if you’re a fan of pompom shaped blush brushes @blushnglow - it was one of the first Surratt brushes I purchased and what encouraged me to explore the line more, initially.

i have the contour and am still trying to find a good use for it, a year later. I bought the face brush in last year’s rouge sale but ended up returning it - it’s a lovely brush but the size was not right for my face between the handle size and brush head. 

I hope you like them! Come back and let us know what you think!

RE: Love for Brushes

@angelKiss24 here is Chikuhodo Noel 2017 - vin Rouge and vin blanc

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

You're awesome @Mochapj! Thank you bunches!! For some reason, the sets are only viewable on the Japan site, not the American site... and I can't read Japanese to see when and where to purchase 😣

RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@angelKiss24 CD Japan says they’re getting an extremely limited quantity, so hopefully that means other vendors are getting them, too. I did speak to my contact and they confirmed Chikuhodo is saying there are only 300 sets of the Rouge and 400 of the Blanc total

Re: RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@Mochapj what?!?? Only 300 of the Rouge?? Wow. What a bummer! That's the set I have my eyes on. Hope i can snag a set when it drops.   Are you looking at getting any? Thank you so much for inquiring on my behalf 😙

Re: RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@angelKiss24 in case you were still wanting them, I just got an email from Visage USA (one of Chikuhodo's US distributors) and they are carrying the holiday set 🙂

They also had the following coupon codes for each set:

• $10 off  a CHIKUHODO Vin Blanc collection purchase (apply code VisageGift10)  
  • $30 off  a CHIKUHODO Vin Rouge collection purchase (apply code VisageGift30)
4 Replies
testing