Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

oh wow...I never got a tag notification for this!! @Mochapj  *heading over to see if it's still available!!!  OMG...can't believe I forgot all about this!!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@angelKiss24 yeah, I was quite surprised by the numbers - I’m not sure how many they’ve made in previous years but I’m curious to go back and see if I can find out.

i had been considering the Rouge set when I first saw them, but after I got the hair types and saw the Japan pricing, I don’t think I’m going to.

I have a pretty large brush collection and have bought a number of these Chikuhodo sets over the years so I’m already swimming in brow and lip brushes I don’t use 🙃 I wish they would stop including those in sets, TBH. I don’t wear foundation so I’d only be purchasing it for the eye, highlight and cheek brush, so I don’t think it makes much sense.

i hope you can get the one you want!

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@angelKiss24 it *looks* like they become available on 11/20.

ive reached out to a few of the usual Chikuhodo distributors to see if they will be getting them. I’ve heard these may be exclusive to Chikuhodo but I will let you know if I hear back.

Re: Love for Brushes

I've been waiting for about a month to see what Chikuhodo's Noel set was going to be this year and I just found the first details. The link isn't clickable yet, but it shows a little preview photo

ETA: the text just says Noel set coming soon, basically

Tagging @angelKiss24

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.33.39 AM.png

@Mochapj, thank you for the tag! Can't wait to see the details 😁

P, is this offered through Chikuhodo direct?

@TraceyEB in past years it has been offered at Chikuhodo direct, Visage USA, CD Japan and Beautylish. 

I'm sure there are other places too, but those are the ones I'm aware of off the top of my head.

Thanks for the super helpful info!!

Anyone heard rumors or rumblings on Chikuhodo's holiday sets for this year? I feel like there should be announcements sometime around now-ish..........

Anonymous Insider

wp_ss_20170913_0002.png

Slay#

I recently bought these Sonia Kashuk brushes at Target and they are soooo soft. Incredibly soft. I had to share. It's $36.99 but they are good quality and the face brushes are a nice size and density.

Visage USA has up to 25% off Chikuhodo brushes. Ends 8/27. Promotion codes are in the screen-cap as follows:

A special shoutout to @Mochapj@AMK721, and everyone else who posts pictures/reviews of their lovely brushes. These posts have inspired me to build up my dream brush collection and I'm beyond excited to finally get my hands on Makie-1 and some powder brushes from the Z and Takumi series. 😄

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 10.18.00 PM.png

Thanks @jisub89.  Always nice to get a discount 🙂 

poke.JPG

Spoiler
If you're still secretly holding onto your jam-packed binder full of Pokémon cards, don't worry — you're not alone. The iconic '90s show and game has recently been revived, thanks to the Pokémon Go app, and now our nostalgic obsession is about to skyrocket to the next freakin' level because we've just discovered makeup brushes modeled after our favorite Japanese anime characters. Each of the multicolored brushes have tiny Pokémon figures on the opposite end of the bristles. Some of the usual suspects are involved: Eevee, Umbreon, Leafeon, Espeon, and Jolteon, to name a few (sorry, Pikachu and Squirtle, but you're already too facey to be involved). The nine-brush set features a fan brush, eyeliner brush, lip brush, regular and small pencil brushes, regular and small flat shader brushes, and large and small blending brushes, so you've got all your bases covered. If you're ready to give your morning makeup routine a '90s throwback vibe, the brush set is available for purchase from Etsy user SimbaeShop for $43. Watch out, Ash Ketchum, because we're about to reach official Pokémon Trainer status with one single brushstroke. Reach on to see these quirky products in all their glory.

Heart ooh, did you see these @Samtian ?  The article on PopSugar has better pics. 

OOOOHH!!!! Thank you @ZombieMetroAnt ! Those are going on my wishlist!

Anyone have a favorite brush for setting your entire face? 

I'm the same as @jeannie11 but I've been using the new RT Powder Bleu brush (the large soft powder one) and I'm obsessed! The shape and feel is fantastic. It really does feel like a natural hair brush.

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

My favorite is the real techniques powder brush. I think it's the one with a pink handle

Re: RE: Re: Love for Brushes

@annypoo -- I also like that big powder brush.

I own so many extremely high-end Japanese brushes, but use my RT all the time because I can wash them and don't care if they fall apart.  Which they don't.

I just picked up the Real Techniques PowderBleu Soft Powder brush and it's been working out great for all my setting and finishing powder applications. Just big enough, but not ENORMOUS, and the tapered shape allows for more control than just the big domed brushes. Picks up just the right amount of powder. I'm liking the synthetic brushes more and more for setting and all over face powder since I can wash them more frequently than natural hair.

Oops didn't see this comment. That brush is my new favorite! It was so much better than I expected!

testing