Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@JayJayyy I do that all the time, add into cart, take out of cart, add in... 🙂

I don't actually own many RT brushes (I think 2 or 3?) so it was a bit of a gamble, but for that price point (esp for face brushes), I pulled the trigger. My only gripe is that as luxurious as the hair/brush head feels, the handle is a little...I dunno, I feel like they tried too hard to be "fancy" and ended up with chintzy 🙂 I hope you enjoy them, if they end up coming into Ulta, I'll for sure pick up another Soft Powder, and maybe the smaller version too for blush/highlight. The kabuki looks fun, but I have no idea what I'd use it for, except just occasionally petting it 🙂

MissPuff wrote:

I just picked up the Real Techniques PowderBleu Soft Powder brush and it's been working out great for all my setting and finishing powder applications. Just big enough, but not ENORMOUS, and the tapered shape allows for more control than just the big domed brushes. Picks up just the right amount of powder. I'm liking the synthetic brushes more and more for setting and all over face powder since I can wash them more frequently than natural hair.

Thanks for the feedback @MissPuff!! I keep loading & unloading the collection into a cart on realtechniques .com since it's not coming to the states. Now I'm for sure going to pick up that brush! 

I use the MUFE 128 or the Real Techniques blush brush. Re...

I use the MUFE 128 or the Real Techniques blush brush. Real Techniques also makes a really big powder brush that would work well I think but I don't own it.

@AMK721 I've been wanting a really high quality paddle brush for my hair.  Any brand recommendations?  I can't find what I'm looking for an Ulta, and drugstores are ten times worse.

@greeneyedgirl107 sorry for the delay in responding.  I've been offline for a few days.  I would go to a salon or ask your favorite stylist.  I have found my best hairbrushes from a salon.

@AMK721 Good point!  I hadn't thought of that!  Thanks!

@greeneyedgirl107 This thread primarily focuses on makeup brushes but if you're looking for a high quality hairbrush, Mason Pearson ones are supposedly very good.

@Mochapj Yes, I've heard they are excellent.  🙂

I'm debating whether this adorable Koyudo Kumamon brush would be a good purchase--may anyone who owns it give some feedback?

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.55.02 PM.png

And has anyone seen this on their beauty newsfeed?  

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.47.10 PM.png

@jisub89 I don't own any of the animal face ones but I have purchased a few of the regular 'mushroom' shaped brushes from koyudo, as well as many other brushes from them and have never been disappointed with the quality.

the one thing I would say is whether you plan to use it or display it. Dying tends to make natural hairs a bit coarser, so you may be able to feel that in the bristles.

That brush is adorable! And no I haven't seen that buuuuut those brush sets look exactly the same 😬 @jisub89

Oh my goodness. How adorable is this!

Can anyone identify this set? I saw it on an "upcoming brushes" article and can't find the article again nor did they post which brand it was anyway.

Looks like something Benefit or Storybook Cosmetics would doLooks like something Benefit or Storybook Cosmetics would do

Oh gosh this is so cute @spadersgirl! If you do find out who these are from do you mind updating your post? 

@McakesSure thing! I'm truly stumped. I've tried searching so many things and I don't keep browsing history. I don't know why I didn't bookmark the site! 😞

Whoa!  Look at these.

mermaid brushes.jpg

These are so cool! My daughter would most likely take these and play with them. Not that I would blame her. 

So pretty!  But in the world are you going to store these?? Unless you habe a brush holder/hanger of some sort...

If only storage space wasn't an issue.

I'm pretty sure they are making a brush holder for these... not sure of the final design but I did see something. I've been following this since she first announced them 😄

BUMPP

testing