Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

I know the Sephora Hakuho-do brushes are synthetic but is there any reason I should be washing them differently than other synthetic brushes?  Thanks! 

I got this brush a couple of weeks ago and it's amazing!  It's so soft, big and poofy.  AND beautiful looking.  The white handle is so pretty.  La Mer Powder Brush.jpg

ust an FYI - I read this week that TF is changing all of their brushes to synthetics, so if there are any of the goat hair brushes anyone has their eyes on, they may want to pick it up before they disappear.

I was surprised to see this change. I wondered why not just add to the collection rather than replace the entire lot. @Mochapj, do you think it's worth buying a TF brush or look to other Japanese brands for brushes as needed? (I've long had my eye on the TF cheek brush. As a brush newbie, I mostly own a combo of Wayne Goss and Bobbi Brown bu  do look into other Japanese brands from time to time.)  Your thoughts as a brush guru?

@TraceyEB my best guess is they are going cruelty free - perhaps it is at the behest of the parent company, EL?

I have about half the TF brush line (cheek, cream foundation, bronzer, eye blending, concealer and shade/illuminate) and personally they aren't my favourite brushes, but I am not a huge fan of goat brushes.  I think when you find good brushes that suit your face shape, they are worth the investment, but between the material and the size, the TF brushes have never been ideal for me.

I personally think there are better brushes out there, but since Hakuhodo made these goat TF brushes, even when they are gone people will still be able to find close dupes for the shapes, if not the handles.

Thanks so much for your insight, P! I've heard mixed reviews about TF brushes. This year, I want to learn more about the difference in materials and about Japanese brands (which can sometimes be overwhelming at first). Thanks again, @Mochapj!!

Complete change of direction. How odd.

Stephanie Nicole posted a comparison between the new/previous WG Face Set

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 10.01.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 10.02.13 PM.png

Looks like Sonia from Sweet Makeup Temptations has also done a comparison post on the old vs the new @MissPuff

I love the wayne goss finishing powder brush! I wish they would bring it back perm. that way I would be able to gift a couple.

This has only makes me want them more...must...stop...myself.

The new #10 looks very similar to the existing #2, but I guess this one is white goat vs squirrel? 

There's a great comparison video on YouTube by Trisha from A Glittery Life.

Thanks for posting this @MissPuff. I have my eye on the fan brush especially.

Looking for recommendations on brushes to use with a cream bronzer.

I like the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for cream bronzer. Since it's oval shaped you can apply narrowly but also use it to blend.

Typically synthetic are viewed as better blending and use for creams and liquids.   I myself am looking for some nice quality synthetics with brass ferrules but haven't committed to anything yet.. 

I'm so happy there's a thread for brush lovers!

I was wondering if you ladies and gents can help me out--there's a Polish company that sells makeup brushes that were made in Japan, but I can't seem to remember their name. I do remember that their prices were very reasonable!

I did a search in Polish, and found Hakuro, Kozlowski, Maestro, and M by Maxineczka. Was it any of those brands?

I didn't know there was even a brand like this, that's very cool!

@iris67 Omg! It's M by Maxineczka. I didn't even see your comment until today. So glad you replied and thanks so much!!

@jominguez Awesome! Glad I could help 🙂

Definitely come back with pics if you end up ordering anything from them! I am super curious what these brushes are like.

@iris67 I'm waiting until they restock on the bundles 🙂 Then I'll definitely post here!

testing