Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

This is definitely a collector's piece but I buy my expensive brushes to use them. Easy pass for me. 

the price is insane! mmm no pass. I went to look and immediately closed the window ha. Im not sure what i would use it for since i like large brushes like the mufe powder brush (130). It would have to be smaller and closer to the #2 and way less.

I just placed my order, recently I returned my Chikuhodo T-1 brush, as goat hair is no good for my dry skin, so I have credit from beautylish to use, so I just paid $25, hopefully it is worth the price tag. 

@sravanthi  Only having to pay $25 for it since you already have the credit isn't bad at all. I am sure it will be a nice brush.

It's a beautiful brush @virgo87 but I am passing too.It has squirrel and sokoho mix but I thought it might be just squirrel at that price(usd to cad). May b i can get the lucky bag later 😉

I hear you @dioradict. I am thinking I may try and get a lucky bag too. I didn't get one last year but I am up for trying new stuff.

While very pretty I see why you can't use it everyday plus it's an extremely long brush as well. 2 things - what will this do that my WG airbrush won't do and also I'd be afraid to use it. This is a pass - if I had money to burn then maybe, but I don't 😄

Also the brush head looks very similar to #2 so if you have it why do you need this?

Is anyone getting this? I always pass on his LE brushes and always regret afterwards, but now I am on the fence with this one because it says not for everyday use..

@annahoangoh hellllz no. Not for that price and especially if I can't use it everyday. I think I'll save up for the surprise bag 🙂

@flonkerton oh I am def getting that lucky bag! Loved it last year!!

@annahoangI was thinking of getting it but not for the price it will be ($150). If it was around $80 or so I would pick it up but not for that price.

@virgo87 I didn't know it was $150.. lol I guess now I am definitely not getting it. 

@annahoangIf you are thinking about buying a brush or two of his they are quality brushes though. I have the anniversary set and 2 air brushes and I am very pleased with them.

Thanks, @virgo87! I have the brow brushes set and 1 of the eyeshadow brushes, but always wanted to try his face brushes. Was so upset to miss last year's LE brush

Beautylish sent email abt early access after 1 pm PST Today.They will send an email with link later.

There's also a note abt the brush from Nils:

This is a very limited edition collector’s brush. Inspired by Japanese tradition and not intended for everyday use. Please keep this in mind when you see it or consider adding to your collection. There’s nothing like it on the market and hopefully it will become a treasured addition for you.

I regret not getting the Wayne Goss Airbrush brush when it came back.

If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please let me know!

I had no intention of purchasing the Azur set initially (blue isn't typically 'my thing')

but, when I got my Violet set from CdJ, I was really impressed with this year's quality.  So, when Beautylish put them up Wednesday I grabbed a set.  They are gorgeous. Much richer and not as garish in tone as I expected from the stock photos.

IMG_4672.JPG

My Chikuhodo Violet brushes from Beautylish arrived today (already!) 😮 

just lovely. And so soft. 

IMG_1205.JPG

Ah I almost ordered yesterday and talked myself out of it lol. I hope it's sold out so I can't order it haha

Edit: it is lol. Now I can stop thinking about it. I have similar brushes already from Wayne goss and a few from their takumi and gsn line

Hi ladies,

I am going to Japan next week and wanted to hear from you what were your favorite japanese brushes from chikuhodo, hakuhodo, etc.

Thanks much!

@Cyncynn

All of the salt and pepper (goat and squirrel mix) brushes from Hakuhodo are amazing. There is a great section of Hakuhodo brushes at Mitsukoshi Ginza, the actual Hakuhodo store is in Omotesando but it is difficult to find. I walked past it probably 7 times before we found it and I had a photo of the outside of the building and a map. There is a brand called Shaquda that is across from the Hakuhodo section in Mitsukoshi. They are interesting looking but didn't impress me for the price. Anyway, the only place that I know of that sells Chikuhodo is TAU the Hiroshima brand shop in Ginza. They have the whole line, if I remember correctly. They also have Tanseido (wonderful white goat brushes), Mizuho (I don't own any), and a couple of other brands.

Other than the salt and pepper brushes I love all of the white goat brushes at Hakuhodo. It really just depends on the shapes you like and find interesting. They are all great. Basically if you are looking for squirrel brushes then I think Chikuhodo is the best, squirrel and goat mixed are the best at Hakuhodo and so are goat brushes. Just my opinion of course. 

I also want to suggest the Suqqu eyelash curler. Hands down the best curler I have tried and I have tried Shu Uemura, Surratt, and Shiseido. 

If you have any questions just let me know. I could definitely suggest specific brushes if you let me know what shapes and hair types you are looking for. 

1 Reply
testing