Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

Hii!

What does the full face makeover in store consist of? My prom is tomorrow and I set up an appointment for tomorrow. This is my first experience with make up actually haha. And is it better to do make up then hair, vice versa, or it doesn't matter? Thanks!

Re: Hii!

Yes, they'll definitely do your eyebrows (unless you don't want that or anything else done).  They always do mine.  In fact, I swear random makeup artists would like to do mine sometimes!  I'm just too lazy to do that even if I'm doing other things, because I'm bad at it. 

As far as timing, how close are the make up and hair places, and are you going separately or are all 6 of you going to get your hair done at the same time.  (Brave, brave stylist with 6 prom girls!)  The makeup appointment is 45 minutes and it's possible you could have to wait a little bit if they're finishing with someone else.  If 6 of you are going together for hair but you don't all have to arrive at once, you should be good for 12:30.  You just might not be the first one to get your hair done.

With that time between makeup and prom you definitely want a lipcolor (presumably lipstick for this type of occasion) that you can reapply.  Unless you have a stain it won't last, and even a stain might need something over it.  If you have oily skin, you might want a touchup powder, too, or blotting papers, to take the shine off of your face without taking off your makeup.  You can put your $50 toward those (and have some left over).

Otherwise, the makeup should last.  Just be careful eating and have lunch before you go!  Make sure the makeup artist knows the timing so she can use something that has staying power.

p.s.  Take an umbrella with you! You're due to get rain tomorrow and you really don't want a coastal storm to wash your makeup away.  You might consider asking the makeup artist to use waterproof mascara, too.  Other things probably won't make a huge mess on you, but wet mascara is a total pain to deal with (and shouldn't get messed up if you get a bit warm while dancing).

Okay great! Just tried to do my eyebrows now and it didn't turn out good. Hope they can help with that LOL.

The hair is in 18ave brooklyn so around 30 minutes away from sephora. We're all arriving there at the same time but I don't know if we're same time or not...good question!

Oh great! So lipstick is good. Okay I just have to make sure I let them know everything LOL, occasion, weather, how long. awesomes!

This was incredible help, thank you so much!!!!

Highlighted

i also agree with this, my lady put thick dior glitter lipgloss on me and i hated it, so i asked her for something else and she fixed it right away. don't be embarrased to correct them!

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors