Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders
Highlighted

HOW DO YOU GET PORELESS, PORCELAIN SKIN?

Nam Gyu-ri -49 days drama. Koreans are known to have glowing skin. Is there a lotion that makes your pores smaller and I don't mean a primer. Those are temporary. Is there something especially targeted for pores that anyone HAS used and it has worked for them?? I have tried SKII and Laneige but I'm willing to look for other brands as well. Thank you (kamsahamnida) in advance Smiley Happy

Re: HOW DO YOU GET PORELESS, PORCELAIN SKIN?

That photo has much photoshop! Her eyes look enlarged.

Unfortunately, there is no real treatment to change pore size. The best you can do is keep them clean and free of muck. Maybe laser treatments?

And much soft focus lighting as well. All smoke & mirrors on that pic.

chupi is right, your pore size is not going to change from a product or procedure.  Even laser treatments (which I have had) do not change the size of your pores.  It is a hereditary factor.

Pore size is genetically determined so you cant actually physically decrease their size, you can just make them *look* smaller by using primer, foundation etc. The best thing to do is keep them as clean as possible. Use a pore strip 3-4 times a month and wash your face before bed and use a face scrub at  least once a week to slough off dead skin cells. And wear sunscreen because UV damage can increase pore size as well.

Pictures like the one you posted above aren't realistic---no one has perfect skin like that.

Hate to reinforce what Chupi said, but that photo is heavily PhotoShopped.

Both Chupi and Rdesigns are right in regards to pore size altering. Pore size is determined by genetics, there is no product or treatment what will shrink or actually alter the size of your pores permanently. The key thing to minimize and diminish the emphasis on pore size is to keep pores clean and cleared from blackheads or clogged debris, sebum, and oil as well as helping to strengthen them with ingredients that address elasticity in skin.

Though pores cannot be shrunk or disappear completely, when pores become clogged, foreign material can stretch and expand them, causing them to become enlarged and even more visible. Ingredients like artichoke extract and various saccharides (sugars) will help increase resiliency in pores, allowing them to "bounce back" in shape when cleared to ensure they don't remain stretched out.

You might want to take a look into this thread below, I run down ingredients/products to address clogged pores and how to treat them along with more information on pores:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Combo-Normal/What-is-a-good-product-to-use-to-get-rid-of-pores-and-b...

The above thread also links to additional threads covering pore clearing products and gives info on Algenist, a brand that uses saccharides, and Boscia's Black line, which uses artichoke extract.

I wouldnt be too envious of alot of the Korean actresses and celebrities you see. While I won't disclose her name for privacy issues, my aunt is a Korean actress, and she wishes she looked in real life like she does in some of her photos lol. They are airbrushed and photo-shopped just as much as american celebrities. In fact, a LOT of Koreans are notorious for having skin that lends to being oily, which lends to having larger pores.

The good thing is that because of the increase in oily skin, we have a lot of products that cater to that. Laneige's Pore line wasn't as effective as I anticipated it to be, but Etude House's Wonder Pore line is really popular. I haven't tried their entire line, but I really like their toner and cleanser. Innisfree is also antoher great Korean brand. Another product I recommend is Caolion pore minimizing pack...I love it. Skin food is another favorite of mine...but to be honest, I'm not sure if its because I think the products work, or I just love the smell, texture, and uniqueness of the line lol

As mentioned below, nothing will change your pore size as it is a genetic disposition. However, using the products mentioned can clear debris from your pores, tighten them, and prevent them from becoming more enlarged.

Good luck! I hope you find a product that works for you <3

I worked with a lot of young Koreans (early 20's) and most of them had bad skin. Large pores, acne, scars, discolorations.

Please don't be a victim of airbrush envy.  Koreans have the highest rate of niptucks and in reality we don't have very great skin. thats why we have such great products.

Says the girl with nice skin waving her card in the upside down pic. =P

In all honesty it's sad but true. And it depends on the lighting, too. Sometimes I would look gorgeous under one mirror and then I switch and it's like woah! Where did these bumps/pores come from?!?!

Dim lighting and foundation is a girl's best friend! Smiley Wink you've obviously never see a close up CLOSEUP of my face (and no I won't show you either haha)

Pores don't get smaller because they can only APPEAR smaller. No laster treatment (I've had 2 laser treatments) or products will ever change the size, but you can make them look smaller. Also, I think Koreans naturally have great skin despite being known to have lots of plastic surgery. No amount of products for me will ever give me their fabulous skin lol Skin is mostly genetic but you can control problem skin and take care of it, but I know personally I would never have that kind of porcelain, pore-less skin.

You can try BHA exfoliants to minimize the appearance of pores

Maybe she's born with it...maybe it's Photoshop!

Pore size is determined by your DNA. No product will ever change this.

There are products that claim to "shrink" pores, but their effects are temporary.

As for the porcelain look, I can tell you from experience that there is a limit to how pale one can get. You can cause your skin to stop producing melanin by reducing (more like eliminating) your exposure to UV light. This basically means don't go out in direct sunlight. Ever.

Even once all of the melanin is out of your skin, you cannot change or lighten your natural undertones. Your skin basically becomes almost transparent and you can see more of those undertones than you could if melanin was present in your skin.

So in other words, that pale, poreless look = mostly fake.

^This, exactly. Photoshop is almost always responsible for that completely poreless / airbrushed look. Everyone has pores, even if some are smaller than others (but it all has to do with genetics -- you can't shrink your pores, but you can keep them clean and less noticeable). 

I don't know specifically about the actresses but I'm sure at minimum they would do more than SNSD, 

SNSD spends ~$4000~5000/ monthly. 

There is apparently a treatment for the pores that's more effective and instant than any high end skincare product. 

There is also a "whitening" treatment as well. 

these all cost a fortune though and if I'm not mistaken, only Asians have it and don't think FDA would approve of it.. 

for cosmetics, Sulhwasoo "mi-in" finisher is super popular, SK 2 pitera(?) essence is very popular, Estee lauder brown bottle.. is probably the top 3. 

plus they get makeup done from Korea's top makeup artist that cost $200 ish everytime. so.. their technique is very good 

I think her face was probably Photoshopped in the photo here, and edited frame by frame in the 49 Days drama to achieve a flawless look.

I'm pretty sure nobody is born with big pores. We all had flawless baby skin! But I'm sure that as much as genes are a factor in how our pores turn out as we age, the environment we're in and situations we subject ourselves to plays a role too.

Like everyone else here said, you could probably do a lot to minimize the appearance of your pores even though you can't make them disappear. For myself, I've found that some of SK-II's serums in conjunction with less stress and more sleep is definitely making a difference!

1) tons of make-up and 2) photoshop.  Honestly, the picture looks very photoshopped. I don't think anyone can have poreless looking skin - because all skin has pores. It wouldn't work very well as skin w/o them. 

I live in Korea (part Asian) and I can safely tell you that a good amount of young Korean girls have bad skin and cake on BB cream over it. Making their face ghost white and their necks a completely different color - giving them a mask look. Photoshop is also heavily abused in most advertizements and profile pictures. So, don't be easily fooled. Not saying all, but a big majority. Typically the older ladies have very lovely skin, but they can afford it.

Celebrities spend easily $2000+ on skincare products and treatments. They do an IV whitening treatment to get fairer skin and spa facials. They mostly use products like LaMer, History of Whoo, Sulwhasoo, AmorePacific. All of which is very high end. They also see Traditional Eastern Doctors, which mix custom body cleansers and dietary medicines together. Again, very pricey.

I grew up using LaMer and later tried out History of Whoo, which I love. But, it's not realistic for anyone who doesn't have a large enough disposable income to afford these products on a regular bases. My mother happens to practice traditional Asian medicine, so I can speak on the health/skin benefits. A healthy diet also plays a huge role too and you'll find they spend a lot of money on organic products and often 'exotic' ingredients in stews/soups/teas for added health benefits.

OP, you can send me a PM if you want some more info. Sorry if I sound harsh, I just don't like to sugarcoat things.

I couldn't agree with you anymore than I do. 

my cousin is in art school (which already cost her parents a fortune) and she can't give up high end skincare products like amore pacific, sulhwasoo, estee lauder, etc (cost so much in Korea. sometimes the prices are 3x because that way Korean people want it more and buy it more) 

Photoshop:

What I actually look like:  

They're using a technique called 'skin painting' in Photoshop, it makes you look pore less and gorgeous.  Unfortunately, like everyone else has said, it's mostly genetic and what kind of care you give your skin.  Clean pores appear smaller, so I would focus more on a deep pore cleansing routine than a lotion.  Just my two cents, however.  

Love taeyeonnot sure if this is photoshopped

My guess is yes.  Her left arm and her face are pretty different tonally, usually if you photoshop a face, you have to do all skin showing or it looks a touch different.  

I agree with what everyone else says about photoshopping and pore genetics.

I've found the best thing for making my pores appear smaller has been using a Clarisonic. I use the Acne Brush, but they have a Deep Pore cleaning.

(I swear I don't work for Clarisonic, I just love mine so much, I'm kinda obsessedSmiley Very Happy)

The Clarisonic deep pore brushes actually made my pores larger. It's like they were stretched, became HUGE and my skin was super oily! I kept using it thinking that maybe over time it would help but after about a year I went back to the sensitive brush and my pores are now finally smaller. This might not happen to everyone but I know it's happened to others who have used the deep pore brushes.

36 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • 600full-gyu--ri-nam.jpg
  • 901522_10151502544168991_153506698_o.jpg
  • IMG_0403.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • upload_8536788852287643741.jpg