Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|
Anonymous Insider

Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Greetings,

I was browsing around and noticed nothing some missing. So, I decided to fill in that void and start up a thread. I want to make this a little cozy corner for all alternative fashion fashionista's and anyone who is curious about the fashion, makeup and lifestyle.

Please tell us a little snippet about yourself or share your story. 

Feel free to copy&paste the examples

Style: 
How long you've been into alternative fashion:
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: 
Favorite Designers:
Favorite Makeup Brands:
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: 
Ink/Piercings: 
Zodiac: 

Gothic/Cyber/Victorian
Heavy Red
Lip Service
Rivithead

Dracula Clothing
Deadly Couture
Artifice Clothing
Decadent Designs
Futurstate
Timeless-Trends
Plastik Wrap
Rosemortem
NorthBound Leather [NSFW]

Isabella Corsetry
Black Milk

Pinup/Vintage/Retro:
Pinup Girl Clothing
ModCloth
Bettie Page Clothing
Rockabillys
Soho's Rockabilly
Stop Staring
Dita Von Teese's Von Follies

Hips and Curves
Rago Shapewear
Chic Star

NewAge:
UNIF
Dolls Kill
Domino Dollhouse

Punk:
Tripp NYC
Too Fast Alternative Apparel

Jewelery:
Blood Milk Jewels
Alchemy Gothic
Aranwen Jewelry
VampireGothic by Wolfgang Tobias

Shoes:
Tuk
Dr. Martens
Demonia
Jeffrey Campbell
New Rock
Pleaser Shoes
Sinster Soles

Other:
Sock Dreams

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

I was happy to find a goth thread here.  I'm relatively new to makeup and decided to try a goth look which I think turned out pretty well! 🖤

goth3.JPG

I really like the idea of this thread @Chizzi. I love pin...

I really like the idea of this thread @Anonymous. I love pin-up and modcloth style although I'm not very good at it. I look for to the suggestion on this thread.

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Style: Androgynous, punk, but with lots of lipstick and heels. lol. 
How long you've been into alternative fashion: Teens
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style:
My hair is buzzed, so there have been some interesting reactions to that. The worst is  "Did you choose to wear your hair like that?" As opposed to it growing out from an illness I guess? I always want to ask back, did you choose to bleach/straighten your hair like that? But I don't, cause I'm not rude.
Favorite Designers:
(That I cannot afford) House of McQueen, Ann Demeulemeester, Gareth Pugh, Rick Owens, Casedei (shoes). For things I can afford, I hit up a lot of vintage shops.
Favorite Makeup Brands:
Anastasia Beverly Hills, Kat Von D, MAC, NYX, Devinhah
Favorite Perfumes/Scents:
Armani Si
Ink/Piercings:
Dogwood back piece, rook piercing, 3 piercings in one lobe, 2 in the other
Zodiac:
Libra

Anonymous Insider

Fashion also means wearing different types of jewellery and the sterling silver and gold jewellery is a new fashion statement and looks beautiful. 

Anonymous Insider

I love piercing but only my ears as it looks beautiful and you can also sport a lot of earrings.

So I honestly don't dress this way but I absolutely LOVE it :)!!

I'm a bigger girl and I love the way that dresses with those types of shapes look on me!

I guess I mainly don't dress like this because I feel like a lot of it is online (?) and I have this thing where I really can't buy clothes unless I try it on first. 

Anyways I love seeing all the pictures on here so thanks :)!

Anonymous Insider

To my pinup/vintage vixens. I'm trying to remember a makeup line that is pretty geared towards that look and does more high-end type cosmetics and does all vintage color reds and some press powders. I'm really trying to remember it....ugh.

I live by Modcloth. I wear dresses almost every day, and there's a 90% chance that the dress you'll see me wearing will be from Modcloth. I wear 50's style dresses and shoes, from Modcloth, occasionally Unique Vintage, and various pieces from other stores that match my look. I don't know anyone else who lives by 50's style, and certainly not any of my peers (I'm in college--I mostly see sweatpants, leggings, hoodies, and Uggs. Also socks with sandals, shudder). 

I've been wearing 50's style for about two years now? Probably?

Emily & Fin, I think, are my favorite dress designers. There's almost nothing they've come out with that I've hated.

I will, very rarely, deviate from my look. I do own a few pairs of jeans, and some t-shirts, plus some shoes that aren't heels (GASP). I only usually wear jeans on days where I'm too exhausted to shower or I'm just feeling highly lazy. I have a pair of knee high lace up boots that aren't 50's that I adore, and I sometimes wear those. I have a pair of Docs, too. And a sequin beanie that I rock. 

But 98% of the time it's 1950's style. 😄

Anonymous Insider

Do you find that its a lot of maintenance? Do you also do the elaborate hair and makeup? I'm just curious.

I used to be really into the whole nine-yards and the older I got, the lazier I became. Now, I'm mostly Black Milk leggings, black graphic-tee or hoodie and Dr.Martens. I have too many coats, but I wear mostly leather or high cowled trenches.

I do own a nice selection of high end normal clothing. But, most of them are still in the dry cleaning bags.

My hair is very uncooperative with styling, so I don't do the curls. My hair can't hold a curl for more than five minutes. I do have bows and headbands that I put in my hair, and I braid it and sometimes ponytail it.

Makeup wise--it's usually only 15 minutes. Full coverage foundation, rosy cheeks, pink or red lips, neutral eyeshadows (only sometimes--I do golds, silvers, purples, and pinks as well). I fill in my eyebrows, as well. I don't have the hang of fake eyelashes, but I have really long ones anyway, so I just put mascara on. My eyeliner is usually pencil because I'm more comfortable with pencil, but that's usually black, silver, copper, or gold. When I'm feeling really bold, I do use my liquid eyeliner, but that's generally not everyday.

I'm generally more adventurous with my makeup than the mid-century would allow, but 90% of my wardrobe is mid-century. 🙂

The general disbelief when people find out I don't even own a single pair of jeans (I do own a pair of black canvas work pants but I wear them for, you know, heavy duty work-stuff) was funny, then annoying, and is now mostly amusing. 

Chic Star clothing has some interesting stuff - and they carry plus sizes (which can be hard to come by in alt-fashion.) 
Pyramid Collection leans hippie grandma but they sometimes have things (and also carry a smaller selection of plus size items)
Domino Dollhouse is exclusively plus-sized. I don't know how I'd characterize their look but it's in the general alt-fashion range. 
Rago Shapewear sells vintage and modern shapewear in a variety of sizes
Hips and Curves is exclusively plus-sized but carries a few things of use (fashion "corsets" - you know what I mean, not serious custom or shaping ones, sometimes a dress or a skirt or accessories)

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! Adding to the list.

Oh! And how could I forget Sock Dreams for everything from chunky cable-knit leg warmers to cuban heeled stockings? If it goes on your feet, they have it.

I'd like to suggest Stop Staring for pinup style, Dita Von Teese's Von Follies line for vintage style lingerie. If I can think of more I'll share.

Independent designer Sharon Ehman's brand Toxic Vision for a metal style.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you, awesome shares.

Anonymous Insider

I'm putting together a list of some shops. Please feel free to contribute and introduce some new stores.

Style: Metal/glam/pinup.
How long you've been into alternative fashion: Over a decade.
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style:It annoys me when people say that I listen to 'devil music.' I just love metal/folk metal.
Favorite Designers: Kat Von D.
Favorite Makeup Brands: Kat Von D, Urban Decay, Bare Minerals.
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: Depends on my mood. I love perfume.
Ink/Piercings: I have three piercings in each ear. I want to get wings on my back.
Zodiac: Gemini.

Anonymous Insider

You know what I find that works pretty good when people say that I listen to Devil music. "Hail Satan!" ...then I start chanting in Latin. I know it doesn't help, but I sure get a kick out of it.

Haha.

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • [pireze]MoriStyle_01-L.jpg
  • tumblr_m1euq9UI801r97sv1o1_500.jpg
  • 4793392611_f498441622_z.jpg
  • Shurlee Sweet
  • upload_222809713324625173.jpg
  • tank_girl_by_terribilus-d5lxaq5.jpg
  • Screenshot 2014-01-18 at 5.20.05 PM.png
  • upload_7059904221973423444.jpg
  • 1c0533c9c36734dcf3cc4a7a66848a03.jpg