Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|
Anonymous Insider

Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Greetings,

I was browsing around and noticed nothing some missing. So, I decided to fill in that void and start up a thread. I want to make this a little cozy corner for all alternative fashion fashionista's and anyone who is curious about the fashion, makeup and lifestyle.

Please tell us a little snippet about yourself or share your story. 

Feel free to copy&paste the examples

Style: 
How long you've been into alternative fashion:
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: 
Favorite Designers:
Favorite Makeup Brands:
Favorite Perfumes/Scents: 
Ink/Piercings: 
Zodiac: 

Gothic/Cyber/Victorian
Heavy Red
Lip Service
Rivithead

Dracula Clothing
Deadly Couture
Artifice Clothing
Decadent Designs
Futurstate
Timeless-Trends
Plastik Wrap
Rosemortem
NorthBound Leather [NSFW]

Isabella Corsetry
Black Milk

Pinup/Vintage/Retro:
Pinup Girl Clothing
ModCloth
Bettie Page Clothing
Rockabillys
Soho's Rockabilly
Stop Staring
Dita Von Teese's Von Follies

Hips and Curves
Rago Shapewear
Chic Star

NewAge:
UNIF
Dolls Kill
Domino Dollhouse

Punk:
Tripp NYC
Too Fast Alternative Apparel

Jewelery:
Blood Milk Jewels
Alchemy Gothic
Aranwen Jewelry
VampireGothic by Wolfgang Tobias

Shoes:
Tuk
Dr. Martens
Demonia
Jeffrey Campbell
New Rock
Pleaser Shoes
Sinster Soles

Other:
Sock Dreams

Anonymous Insider

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

Poemelyric, you made me giggle with the pet-peeves. Sadly, its a harsh truth. I have some grunge punk friends, all pierced and inked up. People literately cross the street when they see them. It's funny cause these are some of the nicest and down to earth people I know. Tripp NYC I assume? Some awesome clothing. Super comfy pants. ❤️

I'm 27 going on 28 and I still trick or treat. 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Gothic girls, Pin-up, Punk and J-Fashion Enthusiasts. Calling all Alternative Fashion ladies!

LOL!  I just chalk it down to the fact that people scare easily, LOL!  I didn't put Demonia down, did I???  I have so much of their stuff that my apartment is bursting at the seems, LOL!  I love my platform heels!

Anonymous Insider

I like when kids come up to me and ask if I'm a vampire, LOL! It's too cute. Yeah Demonia is one of my many loves. So comfy. *Happy sigh*

Anonymous Insider

LOL!  I used to wear my fangs every day until they broke after 3 years!  I go to this guy named Dnash (he has a website dedicated to his art of making fangs.  He's been making them for a looong time!  I was 22 when he made my first set),  He made me a new set a couple of years ago but since i'm in an professional environment, I only wear them the week before and after Halloween, LOL!

Anonymous Insider

Nice, I have a set that was made by an awesome gentlemen. I'm actually getting them permanently attached to my teeth via the dentist. I don't want to do veneers since it permanently damaged your tooth. I'll have them rough up my teeth and attach the same stuff they use for white fillings which is called k9 lengthening. I kinda already have that naturally going on for me, I just want it to exaggerate it a bit more.

Anonymous Insider

It's only fair that I kick things off. Here I goooooo... 

Style: Goth, with victorian/fetish/pinup inspiration 

How long you've been into alternative fashion: 15 years and counting
Some pet-peeves/misconceptions about your style: I hate when people think its a phase or that I enjoy self-harm. Being called a Satanist is another thing that grinds my gears. 

Favorite Designers: Heavy Red, (Older) Lip Service, New Rock, Demonia, North Bound Leather, Black Milk, Artifice Clothing, Timeless-Trends, Vivienne Westwood. 

Favorite Makeup Brands: Anna Sui, MAC, YSL, Chanel, Holika Holika, MAFE, OCC, Kat Von D, Urban Decay. 

Favorite Perfumes/Scents: Jo Malone, Burberry, Lolita Lempicka, Violette Divine and anything Blood Orange. 

Ink/Piercings: 2x in each ear, in the process of getting small-subtle permanent fangs put in. Zero ink. 

Zodiac: Virgo

You're missing gypsy-hipster and bohemian chic! 🙂 

My street style ranges from Cape Cod polished to Coachella Flower Child. 

I wear what makes me happy. 🙂 Not sure if that's "alternative" fashion - since I don't really try to embody a single "image" or genre, but my wardrobe is a crazy mix of everything! I love the retro-pin up look, the occasional soft-punk get-up and lots and lots of flower crowns. Then again, I'm in high school, so I can pretty much wear anything and nobody will really care or think I'm weird. 🙂 I figure - I'll only be young once, might as well have as much fun playing dress-up as possible before I have to grow up. 

Please don't use the word "gypsy" - it's a slur. I'd be happy to discuss in PM, I don't want to get into a big war over it. (And before someone asks, yes, this affects me personally.) 

Anonymous Insider

Heh, sorry. I kinda tucked anything else (since there are sooo many styles to list) into the umbra term 'Alternative Fashion'. The Coachella Flower Child  look brings to mind a very similar style in Japan called Mori-Girl. I think its pretty good to change it up and express yourself.  

[pireze]MoriStyle_01-L.jpgtumblr_m1euq9UI801r97sv1o1_500.jpg4793392611_f498441622_z.jpg

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • [pireze]MoriStyle_01-L.jpg
  • tumblr_m1euq9UI801r97sv1o1_500.jpg
  • 4793392611_f498441622_z.jpg
  • Shurlee Sweet
  • upload_222809713324625173.jpg
  • tank_girl_by_terribilus-d5lxaq5.jpg
  • Screenshot 2014-01-18 at 5.20.05 PM.png
  • upload_7059904221973423444.jpg
  • 1c0533c9c36734dcf3cc4a7a66848a03.jpg
  • jcrew.jpg