Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Foundation for aging skin

I am a 51 year old female, Caucasian. I am in need of advice on what foundation I should use on my skin as it changes.

The last few foundations I used, look as if they are just in my fine pores. This I noticed when looking in a hotel’s magnetizing mirror. (Those mirrors are devastating.). I’m sure foundation is not suppose to be carried in the pores of the skin. Any thoughts?

Re: Foundation for aging skin

I reccomend using any foundation with hyaluronic tinted  serum, that will help with fine lines ,dark circles. It all depends on your skin type.

I have similar concerns @MissNOLAgirl. I agree with the suggestions that @sister13 @recommended. A couple of additional suggestions are Lancôme Teint Idole (sorry I can not tag it) and Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation. Also watch Hot & Flashy, Angie ranks her favorite foundations putting them to the wear test over a couple of days. 

Thank you!

I have dry skin without any noted dry areas. I prefer a matte finish. 

Hi @MissNOLAgirl - what type of skin do you have and what type of finish and coverage do you like? That will help us recommend something specific. 

however, the tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.5 oz/ 14.2 g is incredible for filling pores and smooth g fine lines before your foundation. It’s a paste and a tiny bit goes a long way, just press it into any areas of concern. 

Some foundations that are generally good for mature skin are below. Often, you will want a more radiant finish,  it may depend on your skin type and condition.

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer  - lighter coverage but absolutely gorgeous. 

Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid - heavier coverage, Lovely and long lasting.

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Natural Foundation SPF 20 03N Natural 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Liquid Foundation - great option!

If you can get into a Sephora, they can shade match you and make recommendations. Good luck!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing