Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

For those of you contemplating a Glossybox subscription...

Glossybox has partnered with Bergdorf Goodman to create a limited edition design for May's box, which includes only products available at Bergdorf Goodman as well as a $25 gift card to BG (while the box itself is only $20)!

I've tried several times to copy over the screenshot, but I keep getting error messages. I will keep trying to post the image I got in the email!!

Re: For those of you contemplating a Glossybox subscription...

ive been with allure's sample society for a few years now and love it.  just joined ipsy and for ten bucks you cant beat it.  I also just joined birchbox and hate it and am canceling.  I like glossybox a lot. The quality of the boxes are quite nice too.  I also joined beautyDNA which is one full size product geared towards you that has a retail value of like 85 bucks (my last months --and first months box, for 25 bucks...jury still out on if i will keep that.  price kinda high.  i think i joined beautyarmy too, i need to check on that.  as soon as i saw what they had (after joining, wish i hadnt)

i obviously have too many boxes.  gotta tell you, after several years of doing this, its kinda getting old.  They are really getting lazy and recycling products, im finding the same products showing up in the same companies boxes and across companies, but, if you are new to it, have fun..its like christmas each month.

I finally cancelled my Ipsy & am in the market for a new box, so I checked it out. 

Where did you see that it has products that are only available at BG? All the promo pictures for the may box have Alterna CC cream which I've gotten from Sample Society & purchase at Sephora. 

Also Atelier cologne is sold at Sephora. 

It does seem like a great box for just $20, but I hate when companies put out false claims & that usually turns me off from purchasing them. 

I think I worded it wrong. What I meant to say is that all the products in the box will be available for purchase at Bergdorf Goodman...

Hope that clears things up!

I just read a review from a girl who got her May box early in exchange for reviewing it... the products she received were extremely pricy. She said the box totaled $195 worth of product!

I signed up in time to get the april box, but apparently the order never went through so I won't be getting that one...oh well. I did get the mother's day box though.

It'll be my first thing from glossybox, so hopefully it's nice. I've also been with Ipsy (which is okay, can't complain) and Lip Factory (AMAZINGGG) for two months. 

I haven't heard of Lip Factory. I have Ipsy and Birchbox. I'm planning to cancel my Birchbox though. It's such a disappointment overall. Ipsy is so-so, definitely not as good as I was expecting. The glam bag I got today was pretty sucky IMO. Is there a place to use you as a reference for Lip Factory so you get points or something? If so, PM me the details and I'll do that. Smiley Happy

can you clarify, do you have to have an active subscription to get the limited edition box? also, is the limited edition a purchase that you make in addition to the subscription? like, if i sign up now, i'll gt a may box and then i also have to separately purchase the LE box?

You do NOT have to be a subscriber to order the LE boxes. They are available to anybody that wants to order them. 

*Edit* You can also purchase the monthly boxes as a one off without subscribing if there is one you particularly like. 

I think they still have the April boxes, so if you sign up today, you get an April box. Starting Thursday, you can sign up for the May box. The box itself is a limited edition design, specifically for this collaboration with BG, but it comes as part of the May box, which is included in a subscription. Also, you could just subscribe to one box to get the May box. (I also read on a blog that the June box will also be LE!!)

Thanks for the clarification on that. I signed up yesterday, but I don't want the April box -- just the May. I cancelled my subscription today in hopes I get a refund and then I can use that towards May. (I hope it's not too late. I didn't see it even packed yet, so I assume I should be okay.) Already put a reminder in my calendar to sign up for the May box tomorrow...

I don't know if this helps, but I was able to get the limited edition Mother's Day Box without signing up for a Glossybox subscription.  

any of the LE boxes you do not have to subscribe. 

Just ordered!  I couldn't resist!! 

I just saw that there's a $25 BG giftcard that comes with the May box, so I want to order one (+ since I entered my e-mail address while contemplating and still haven't ordered, they sent me a 15% off code like an hour later, so that'll make it $17.85!) - this will be my first time, I don't see any other option but to subscribe. Can you cancel at any time? I also read somewhere that you can gift boxes to yourself for $15, does anyone know if this is true?

yes, that's true $15 for a gift sub and you can cancel anytime!  GB has stated the GC are stackable, but I"m leery!

My box didn't have the gc. It was my first box. I also was quite disappointed with the contents. If June's isn't better I'll be canceling my subscription. I was so disappointed! Smiley Sad

I have read that their boxes ship a month late meaning the box you just received was for April.  Your May box will arrive in June and should have the certificate.  

Oh! Good to know. Thank you for the heads up, notcreative!

If you already get this box monthly then you will get the limited b ox correct? Or, is this a separate box that needs to be ordered

Nope, you won't have to place a separate order. This is the May box that's part of the subscription.

How do you sign up

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • image.jpg
  • photo1 (32).jpg
  • GlossyboxJune2014Spoiler.jpg
  • image.jpg